Thanks.

There's a lot to explore in Paris. Aside from the usual tourists hot spots. When you simply visit a place like Paris you miss a lot. It's very big and getting from one place to another take time.

If you ever decide to visit I'd recommend giving yourself time to relax while there. Just take in the place.

Also, it's not just Paris. We're going to be close to the Loire Valley. Lots of chateau in my future.

Another place we plan to get to is Monet house and gardens. The French impressionist painter for those who don't know the name. That's about 2 hours away.

So yes I'm a bit excited about the little adventure we'll have regardless of working again.

On top of that we'll be traveling back and forth to our farm to do things from time to time.

Our neighbours are going to keep an eye on things for us while we're away. So it's all good.

Today is cleaning the car and packing for the first part of the move. We'll come back to get more things when we move into the house.

Also some other bits and pieces.
    It sounds like you have another adventure ahead! I also second the good luck with the new job and the moving as well.
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-09-2019 08:27 AM
    As a general statement, the government shutdown is a mess (I know the reason why it's happening of course).

It's unfortunate how many people are affected because of this. I have friends that are directly hit by this and I feel for them. They say that working for the federal government is good and stable but this shows a whole another side to it. It has me rethinking that plan a little bit unless you can save enough to support yourself during events like this.
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-09-2019 10:23 AM
    As a general statement, the government shutdown is a mess (I know the reason why it's happening of course).

It's unfortunate how many people are affected because of this. I have friends that are directly hit by this and I feel for them. They say that working for the federal government is good and stable but this shows a whole another side to it. It has me rethinking that plan a little bit unless you can save enough to support yourself during events like this.
    It's not a mess. It's a ducking ******* contest of a disaster with the underpinnings of a temper tantrum fueled by an orange pile of suntan lotion and overpriced hair intent on catering to the narrow 10% of the populous that likes his brand of snake oil while hanging the rest of us - including the hard working Frontline folks that keep the government running - out to dry.

Just calling it for what it is, not for what it might be.
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-09-2019 11:38 AM
    Work iPhone Xr is up and running. Phone is mine, SIM card and service belong to the employer.
    Works fine for work related stuff. And I get a 15GB hotspot allowance which is nice.
    01-09-2019 02:55 PM
    Got a shield tv finally. I need some longer cables for I'm hopeful it will work just fine. I'm concerned the power brick cable is too short for where I want to rest it, but we will see.
    libra89 and N_LaRUE like this.
    01-09-2019 10:08 PM
    Rue gets to live #datParisiansnoblife . Enjoy.
    Ha! Nothing noble really. I'm going to be a working slave again. What noble would actually work if they have to?

Does anyone else find the idea of nobility a bit strange since we're almost at the year 2020?

It should be noted that in the UK 'class' still exists. Let that sink in.

There are other European countries with royalty still. Maybe that's Europe's problem? Can't let go of the past?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-10-2019 03:26 AM
    It's not a mess. It's a ducking ******* contest of a disaster with the underpinnings of a temper tantrum fueled by an orange pile of suntan lotion and overpriced hair intent on catering to the narrow 10% of the populous that likes his brand of snake oil while hanging the rest of us - including the hard working Frontline folks that keep the government running - out to dry.

Just calling it for what it is, not for what it might be.
    The 'Orange Brat' of the US.
    libra89 likes this.
    01-10-2019 03:28 AM
    So it has been over a week since I got Poco. Time to do a mini review

I generally like it. Not bothered by the IPS screen too much anymore, being only FHD really never bothered me. I would prefer punchier colours but as said, I will survive. Typing is a bit weird though, some people are reporting ghost touches but I don't think I have that problem, It just seems it is a bit slow to response and not all that accurate. Might be just that ai was used to moto and way it's vibration type worked.

Camera in daylight makes so much better pictures than Moto it is not even funny, it is also faster (yay for SD845 ). At night time I didn't really do much of photography since the first day but you do need to take a bit of time for a nice picture and calm hand. Can't wait until Night sight works properly on GCam port.

Generally performance is great, I don't really have time to play games ( yay exam period in 2 weeks) to really push it but it doesn't lag( incredibly unexpected, I know // sarcasm). Love the battery, I charge it when I feel like it, I don't even charge it to full anymore and never over the night. I put it on the charger in the car when I go to school and I get 10% which is about what I would use if I'm not in school whole day. Same when I drive home. Battery is highlight of this phone, impressive, I think it is my first smartphone with a good battery though .

Software is fine, in that regard I liked Moto way more. Stock android and some genuinely useful features. I don't hate it, don't get me wrong, they kept some stuff Google removed from Pie and kudos for that. I mean, hey at least they give you chance to customise it out of the box. It works a bit odd, I put pixel icon pack on it but some icons over time go back to stock MIUI icons, others stay like they should. And notifications are kind of weird, why you unlock the phone you really need to check if you got something that didn't show on the lockscreen.

Well this is it, if anyone has any questions, go ahead and ask :)https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...8dc37202d9.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...80910ba497.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...63d450bc4e.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...5b14de1de8.jpg
    Thanks for your review!!
    Been thinking about a phone change for the missus (she uses a vivo v5)!! It's either the Poco or the Vivo v11.

.... orangey Lumia 830!!
    Sport Driver likes this.
    01-10-2019 03:40 AM
    Ha! Nothing noble really. I'm going to be a working slave again. What noble would actually work if they have to?

Does anyone else find the idea of nobility a bit strange since we're almost at the year 2020?

It should be noted that in the UK 'class' still exists. Let that sink in.

There are other European countries with royalty still. Maybe that's Europe's problem? Can't let go of the past?
    You don't need nobility to be a snob. Even my attending's French wife stated Parisians can be a different sort of animal at times.

Enjoy it either way. You'll get more good stories.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-10-2019 08:08 AM
    Each week feels very similar. Welcome back to the work week hamster wheel, Rue! We kept your spot nice and warm.
    libra89 and aximtreo like this.
    01-10-2019 08:12 AM
    What a week.

And that's JUST work. SMH. This Guinness I'm drinking is very cold and still isn't cold enough to wash this week away.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-10-2019 07:18 PM
    So as much as I love the fact that as a consumer there is much more choice in the mobile space, the caveat is that such choice isn't...real.

The issue is that you may find a device that fits your needs, but if it isn't a popular device, there are parts of the aftercare support you may miss out on to fully get the most of your purchase.
    01-10-2019 08:19 PM
    So as much as I love the fact that as a consumer there is much more choice in the mobile space, the caveat is that such choice isn't...real.

The issue is that you may find a device that fits your needs, but if it isn't a popular device, there are parts of the aftercare support you may miss out on to fully get the most of your purchase.
    Well said. I agree with this point. It's disappointing.
    01-10-2019 08:25 PM
    01-10-2019 08:30 PM
    Well said. I agree with this point. It's disappointing.
    Continuing to play the consumers, just in a different way.

Sigh.
    01-10-2019 08:34 PM
    Hey Laura, it's typical LG...sadly...

https://9to5google.com/2019/01/10/lg...nd-lg-v20/amp/
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-10-2019 08:57 PM
    Wow is all I can say.
    01-10-2019 09:05 PM
    Just saw the International Space Station go streaking by in the evening sky.
    Pretty nifty to watch.
    01-10-2019 09:28 PM
    You don't need nobility to be a snob. Even my attending's French wife stated Parisians can be a different sort of animal at times.

Enjoy it either way. You'll get more good stories.
    I think big cities breed a certain type of person. Paris is like any big city really. Just a bit prettier than some places.

I think I'm far from being a snob, just about certain things really. Also were not technically in Paris but in Ile de France, which some call the Paris region. We have 35 mins drive in.

I'm just looking forward to settling into my job and our rental house. This Versailles appartement we're in is too noisy.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-11-2019 02:58 AM
    So after leaving a bit later than we wanted to we got to our place in Versailles at 8pm. Approximately 8 hours on the road.

I felt like I was still moving even though I was sitting at dinner. Weird how these things happen as you get older. Probably my brain updating the new information.

I think we're only going to spend a month here unless we can get one of the quieter apartments. If they are quieter...
    libra89 likes this.
    01-11-2019 03:02 AM
    The owner of the place it's taking us on a small tour of Versailles town later today.

We need to do some shopping and I still need some clothes.

Tomorrow we are meeting the people we're renting the house from to sign papers etc. So not much time

Haven't checked if shops are open Sundays here yet. France is a bit different than most countries I've lived in. Some places in our town (near our house) are closed Mondays because they're open Saturday...

Then Monday it's work!
    01-11-2019 03:09 AM
    The owner of the place it's taking us on a small tour of Versailles town later today.

We need to do some shopping and I still need some clothes.

Tomorrow we are meeting the people we're renting the house from to sign papers etc. So not much time

Haven't checked if shops are open Sundays here yet. France is a bit different than most countries I've lived in. Some places in our town (near our house) are closed Mondays because they're open Saturday...

Then Monday it's work!
    Is the owner who is taking you to Versailles different from the people you are renting the house from?
    That's one thing I couldn't follow along...
    01-11-2019 11:30 AM
    Apartment in Versailles is one owner and he took us around the market today. Very nice market!

The house is about 25min away in a small town and it's owned by a couple moving to Montreal for a year.

We're moving to the house in March. We're not sure about staying in Versailles until then.
    01-11-2019 12:40 PM
    01-11-2019 01:16 PM
    Oh wow, that is interesting...
    01-11-2019 03:24 PM
146,425 ... 58505851585258535854 ...