NG is the county initials for Nigeria. It's all good.
    Jeez, the dumb American strikes again on lack of geographical knowledge. I don’t even know the country initials for my own birth country. I know airport call signs, does that count?
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-14-2019 11:46 AM
    Jeez, the dumb American strikes again on lack of geographical knowledge. I don’t even know the country initials for my own birth country. I know airport call signs, does that count?
    It sounds like you have done a lot of flying, so I would say that counts.
    Laura Knotek and fatclue_98 like this.
    03-14-2019 12:04 PM
    I didn't know what NG was either...

I do however know the two letter codes for the counties I lived in.
    03-14-2019 12:35 PM
    I didn't know what NG was either...

I do however know the two letter codes for the counties I lived in.
    To be fair, this is to be expected of most people. I don't know all of the codes but I know quite a bit because of people I follow online.

I feel like most people in the world know of the UK and US, because news. Some are interesting because they aren't always what you would expect. Like South Africa's is ZA.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-14-2019 01:07 PM
    It sounds like you have done a lot of flying, so I would say that counts.
    Not so much as a passenger. I used to be a pilot since the time I was a teenager. I had my license before I had a driver’s license in fact. Poor choices in my life threw all that in the toilet. No drugs, but the bottle is every bit as destructive.

Stay in school and finish your degree, don’t be a dumbass like me.
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    03-14-2019 04:56 PM
    Not so much as a passenger. I used to be a pilot since the time I was a teenager. I had my license before I had a driver’s license in fact. Poor choices in my life threw all that in the toilet. No drugs, but the bottle is every bit as destructive.

Stay in school and finish your degree, don’t be a dumbass like me.
    Dang, I'm sorry.
    fatclue_98 and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-14-2019 06:19 PM
    I have been quiet on my S10e thoughts. I wanted to go through some of the paces for a little bit (mainly battery life honestly) before sharing. A few days in, here's my usage thoughts 3 days in (it's a little lengthy):

- The fingerprint scanner is good. I use my phone with my left hand so unlocking it with it works part of the time and other times, it takes a bit but this is only because of this particular hand (others have said the same thing). This doesn't happen enough to be an annoyance though.

- Battery life works for me. Originally, I felt like it was draining randomly, even with what I know to tweak. I learned about adaptive battery being turned off automatically, so I turned it on. It seems to be around the battery life of the X, maybe a bit better.

- Size is great. I still can't believe that this combo is actually a thing (XZ2C was almost there but not quite for me, so this is a big deal). My hand has noticed the height difference between the X and this.

- On that note, as I said, One UI is a great match for this phone. It's a night and day difference between using reachability on iOS and having the elements more reachable. Night mode is great, along with the nice surprises of being able to pull down the notification shade with the sensor (I don't) or screen and double tap to wake.

- The camera is my final point. The cameras are good of course but I'm not a fan of the saturation, as I prefer more natural colors. For scenes and things, I don't really mind. When it comes to skin tones, I'm not a fan of the brightening and softening from the front cam. Beauty mode turned off is better. I plan to try out Google Camera to see what it does about that for the front cam.

At the moment, I can see myself possibly hanging out with it for the long run if Google Camera can improve on that enough to my liking. This is the closest I have gotten to a SE replacement so I'll really like it to work all the way. This was long but that's it.

(Oh, I did do the carrier switch and I have no regrets.)
    Nice write up. Sounds like it's working for you so far.
    03-14-2019 06:43 PM
    To be fair, this is to be expected of most people. I don't know all of the codes but I know quite a bit because of people I follow online.

I feel like most people in the world know of the UK and US, because news. Some are interesting because they aren't always what you would expect. Like South Africa's is ZA.
    I knew... But that's because I remembered where you were from, so that helped.
    03-14-2019 06:44 PM
    Don't disagree with anything you've said.
    When it makes too much sense, the privileged don't do it; when it makes too much dollars, the privileged are all over it.
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    03-14-2019 06:46 PM
    I'd like to try something new, but my wallet will not permit it currently. That sucks, but that's how it goes.
    libra89, Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    03-14-2019 06:47 PM
    Dang, I'm sorry.
    Don’t be, we have a saying that loosely translated says that there is no evil which for good won’t come.
    03-14-2019 07:20 PM

Went snow tubing today at Mount Baldy.
    03-14-2019 10:06 PM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6264a485bb.jpg

Ooh, that looks like it was fun.
    worldspy99 likes this.
    03-14-2019 10:14 PM
    Nice write up. Sounds like it's working for you so far.
    Thank you. I really think this could work for me. If I knew this was going to be a thing, I would have passed on the X and made myself try the Xr and then go back to the 7. lol

Edit: So I can see myself with the S10e for sure since Google Cam is a go...
    Last edited by libra89; 03-15-2019 at 08:33 AM.
    03-14-2019 10:21 PM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6264a485bb.jpg

Ooh very nice!
    worldspy99 likes this.
    03-14-2019 10:21 PM
    Ooh, that looks like it was fun.
    It was a blast. Weekday, no crowds. We got to go at least a dozen times in an hour and 15 minutes.
    03-14-2019 10:24 PM
    A couple of pictures from the S10+.
    The previous one was taken by the Xr.
    03-14-2019 10:27 PM
    And a couple more.
    03-14-2019 10:29 PM
    A couple of pictures from the S10+.
    The previous one was taken by the Xr. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...8cbea9f386.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6597bdae37.jpg
    I like these even better.
    libra89 and N_LaRUE like this.
    03-14-2019 11:52 PM
    Sad news from New Zealand.

49 people killed for no other reason than for being different.

The one psycho (Australian) had a live feed of himself doing it too and how merciless he was.

He believes in a sick and twisted ideology. He wrote a 73 page rant about it too.

Of all the places for this to happen NZ wasn't on my list.

Truly sad.
    raycpl, libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-15-2019 06:02 AM
    Absolutely shocked with whats happened in Christchurch. I thought NZ would be one of the last place for something like this to happened.
    I'm trying to make sense of it, but cant.
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-15-2019 06:10 AM

The one psycho (Australian) had a live feed of himself doing it too and how merciless he was.

He believes in a sick and twisted ideology. He wrote a 73 page rant about it too.

Truly sad.
    Wow how terrible Those poor people.
    raycpl, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-15-2019 06:22 AM

Truly sad.
    It is just highly unfortunate.

Walked by a mosque near the job with a coworker after work (they have a lot of good community based programming there) and saw the cops and TV crews out in force. People just cannot go about their business in pace without some numbskull misusing their privilege.

Prayers go out to the families.
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-15-2019 06:30 PM
    I still want something new to play around with
    03-15-2019 10:36 PM
    I still want something new to play around with
    This is understandable. What would you have in mind to play with? I can think of the Nokia 9 of course, but aside from that, I can't guess.
    03-16-2019 01:25 PM
147,606 ... 58985899590059015902 ...