Just chill. You'll buy something soon enough. For S&G, I saw that the XZ3 is now $579 at the link I sent you.

A better question for the group would be for $579 what you'd buy: a Oneplus 6T (128GB/8GB RAM) or XZ3 (64GB/6GB RAM)?
    Still too exprensive at the moment. No hurry. It will likely drop after the X1 comes out. That's if I'm interested in getting it.

I'll have to do some looking around to see what to get.

I like the build quality of Sony phones but this last one has been slightly disappointing.
    03-22-2019 12:23 AM
    I still have TV issues. Not very happy at the moment...
    03-22-2019 04:25 AM
    My Prism Blue S10e has shipped today. It's probably going to be a gift for someone in the family.

I also got a Product Red iPhone 8 for the Mrs.
    Nice for both! Glad that the S10e finally shipped.

In my opinion, the red is one of the best colors for the 8. I'm sure she'll like that a lot.
    03-22-2019 06:15 AM
    So while out at lunch today I went to a mobile supplier. I was actually there to talk about my home internet but that was a waste of time.

Anyway in the 10 mins I had to look at phones here's my impression.

Pixel 3 - I'm sure it's a great phone but I really don't like the looks. I can't seem to get over that. The price is still quite high as well but I won't take this place as a means test for that.

Samsung 10, etc. - nice looking phones. Didn't look too much at them as I'm not really a Samsung fan. Plus I constantly had some security guy staring at me.

Sony XZ3 - again nice looking but doesn't do much for me. I don't know what it is. I'd take it over a Pixel 3 but I'm not a fan.

Sony X10 - so mid range here. If the X1 is the same size as this I wouldn't have much issue with the design. Felt nice and solid. The tall aspect didn't bother me. I personally like it better than the XZ3. Though I wouldn't buy the X10.

Saw the BlackBerry Key 2 what a brick that thing is! What's it designed for? Surviving the apocalypse? Weighed a ton too.

There were a bunch of Huawei phones but ran out of time.

No Nokia 9 here. I'll have to look elsewhere.

So that's just a general impression at this stage. I'll need more time.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-22-2019 07:53 AM
    Surprised you haven't hopped on the $499 Razer 2 bandwagon yet...
    Nah, that phone is just too blah. I’m sure it smokes based on the specs but it just doesn’t do it for me.
    03-22-2019 08:25 AM
    Nice for both! Glad that the S10e finally shipped.

In my opinion, the red is one of the best colors for the 8. I'm sure she'll like that a lot.
    The kid got a red Nuu G3 for birthday. It's a great looking cheap device. No SIM card in it. Strictly to use it for VR headset.

So Mrs looks at that and tells me that she would like a red iPhone if available. So I got her the red iPhone 8.
    libra89, Laura Knotek and aximtreo like this.
    03-22-2019 08:27 AM
    My Prism Blue S10e has shipped today. It's probably going to be a gift for someone in the family.

I also got a Product Red iPhone 8 for the Mrs.
    I got the PR 8 Plus for mine. What does she do? Slaps an ugly *** case on it.
    Laura Knotek and aximtreo like this.
    03-22-2019 08:28 AM
    I got the PR 8 Plus for mine. What does she do? Slaps an ugly *** case on it.
    Ha, ha. I got her a clear Ringke case so that she can show the color off.
    libra89, Laura Knotek and aximtreo like this.
    03-22-2019 08:29 AM
    So while out at lunch today I went to a mobile supplier. I was actually there to talk about my home internet but that was a waste of time.

Anyway in the 10 mins I had to look at phones here's my impression.

Pixel 3 - I'm sure it's a great phone but I really don't like the looks. I can't seem to get over that. The price is still quite high as well but I won't take this place as a means test for that.

Samsung 10, etc. - nice looking phones. Didn't look too much at them as I'm not really a Samsung fan. Plus I constantly had some security guy staring at me.

Sony XZ3 - again nice looking but doesn't do much for me. I don't know what it is. I'd take it over a Pixel 3 but I'm not a fan.

Sony X10 - so mid range here. If the X1 is the same size as this I wouldn't have much issue with the design. Felt nice and solid. The tall aspect didn't bother me. I personally like it better than the XZ3. Though I wouldn't buy the X10.

Saw the BlackBerry Key 2 what a brick that thing is! What's it designed for? Surviving the apocalypse? Weighed a ton too.

There were a bunch of Huawei phones but ran out of time.

No Nokia 9 here. I'll have to look elsewhere.

So that's just a general impression at this stage. I'll need more time.
    Nice write up.
    You make it sound like you went to a fashion show and are describing the collection.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-22-2019 08:30 AM
    Ha, ha. I got her a clear Ringke case so that she can show the color off.
    I have a clear case I used on a previous 8 Plus I had and she says it looks cheesy. What the actual f***?
    Laura Knotek and aximtreo like this.
    03-22-2019 08:31 AM
    Nice write up.
    You make it sound like you went to a fashion show and are describing the collection.
    I felt similarly as well.
    03-22-2019 08:31 AM
    I have a clear case I used on a previous 8 Plus I had and she says it looks cheesy. What the actual f***?
    You can never win.
    03-22-2019 08:32 AM
    The kid got a red Nuu G3 for birthday. It's a great looking cheap device. No SIM card in it. Strictly to use it for VR headset.

So Mrs looks at that and tells me that she would like a red iPhone if available. So I got her the red iPhone 8.
    Ooh that's awesome! I hope your kid will enjoy the headset and that the Mrs will enjoy her phone with the home button.
    03-22-2019 08:33 AM
    Nice write up.
    I only had time to look at the overall design in general.

Not much else.

Need to go to another place to spend time with them.
    03-22-2019 08:36 AM

Not much else.

Off the bat, the Huawei phones you probably saw were the P20 and P20 Pro, and maybe even a Mate. The cameras on the P20 Pro are apparently really solid.
    03-22-2019 08:54 AM
    Off the bat, the Huawei phones you probably saw were the P20 and P20 Pro, and maybe even a Mate. The cameras on the P20 Pro are apparently really solid.
    There was a half a table full of Huawei phones. High, mid, low. Old and new. Europe doesn't have the same issue with Huawei as the USA does.

I saw the P20 and P20 Pro but didn't have time to examine them.

The Samsung display still had the 8 and 9 on table along with the mid range devices.

There's also this other brand I never heard of before here, Wiko. It's a French / Chinese brand. Typically mid/low end devices. Didn't really look at them.

Huawei is quite popular here. Lots of people look at them over other brands. Mainly because of the price.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    03-22-2019 09:18 AM

Spring has arrived.
    aximtreo likes this.
    03-22-2019 10:20 AM

Not much else.

Happy fondle slabbing!
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    03-22-2019 10:27 AM
    Looks like another reset on the TV is required... Hope it works.

Don't really want to put it in for repair...

Sigh
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-23-2019 09:54 AM
    I'm probably late to the party on this one, but it gave me some food for thought. It was interesting to me though.

Last edited by libra89; 03-24-2019 at 12:01 AM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-23-2019 11:47 PM
    03-24-2019 08:58 AM
    What’s up gang! Thought I’d check in and see how everyone’s doing.

Been busy as hell with work as usual, but did manage to purchase a new addition to my ever expanding home recording studio.

9da86381-fe85-4d67-b32f-34fde120e503.jpeg

A Behringer Deepmind 12 true analog polyphonic synthesizer! After using VST (soft synths) for years, this will be my first real hardware synth. So far, I’ve been having a ton of fun with this thing!
    03-24-2019 12:53 PM
    This was very interesting, thank you for sharing. The table with the percentage increase was fascinating to see how this all worked out.

There were a couple of interesting points but the one about the iPhone X release playing a role in this is something I didn't really think about but it kind of made me think of the headphone jack situation and how people now praise phones for keeping it. Apples and oranges, I know but Apple being the leader of certain things at times makes sense.

I actually forgot that Google kept the price of the Pixels the same until last year and how that makes the $200 off sale look now.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-24-2019 01:08 PM
    So, good and so deep on so many levels...

Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-24-2019 09:17 PM
    This was very interesting, thank you for sharing. The table with the percentage increase was fascinating to see how this all worked out.

There were a couple of interesting points but the one about the iPhone X release playing a role in this is something I didn't really think about but it kind of made me think of the headphone jack situation and how people now praise phones for keeping it. Apples and oranges, I know but Apple being the leader of certain things at times makes sense.

I actually forgot that Google kept the price of the Pixels the same until last year and how that makes the $200 off sale look now.
    It's just a shame, that's all. People still chasing the Apple super profits.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-24-2019 09:18 PM
147,906 ... 59025903590459055906 ...