WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Prince is so good it isn't funny. Best concert I've gone to was with an ex 6 years ago for Prince. Esmeralda Spaulding (whose really wirth listening to if you like neo soul) and Lala Hathaway opened for Prince. And all he sang was early Prince.

It was great because when he came out, no one sat. It was an older crowd who knew his old stuff and they all sang along to everything. Got a greater appreciation for him after that night.

Posted via Xperia Z3

Prince is probably one of the least appreciated artists around. Can play any instrument. Has written lots of popular songs for other artists and is a great performer himself.

His earlier albums and some of the more recent ones as well are simply about his struggle with his religious beliefs and his sexual desires and how they conflict.

My goal is to get tickets to see him. I'm hoping he comes to London sometime soon for a stint.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The only Prince's song i know is Purple rain.
I know him best for his guitar skills, voice second.

You should check out more of his music, especially his 80s/90s stuff. Some of the songs are quite interesting.

If you know Foo Fighers they did a cover of Little Nicky and he's got other more 'interesting' songs...

But all in all he's great with a guitar and likes to experiment which is fine with me.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Prince is probably one of the least appreciated artists around. Can play any instrument. Has written lots of popular songs for other artists and is a great performer himself.

His earlier albums and some of the more recent ones as well are simply about his struggle with his religious beliefs and his sexual desires and how they conflict.

My goal is to get tickets to see him. I'm hoping he comes to London sometime soon for a stint.

You should. Won't be disappointed.

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The only Prince's song i know is Purple rain.
I know him best for his guitar skills, voice second.

My favorite guys with an ax in hand are Prince, Hendrix and Joe Walsh. I know they're many other greats out there, but those are my top 3.

Posted via Xperia Z3

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

My favorite guys with an ax in hand are Prince, Hendrix and Joe Walsh. I know they're many other greats out there, but those are my top 3.

Posted via Xperia Z3

I know Jimmy Hendrix was great with a guitar but I haven't really appreciated it until I saw some other footage of him playing an acoustic guitar. Playing right handed at that time wasn't easy either.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I know Jimmy Hendrix was great with a guitar but I haven't really appreciated it until I saw some other footage of him playing an acoustic guitar. Playing right handed at that time wasn't easy either.

Dude was like fine, expensive liquor with an ax in his hand.

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That is an understatement...

Notice we didn't even get to the Bee Gees yet?

I'm telling you, get me, 99 and Rue in a room talking music and if Sahib tried to take notes either his hand would fall off or his head'll explode...

Posted via Xperia Z3

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Stay warm. It's 27?F here. And they're talking about a snowstorm that if it hits us directly this weekend could dump 18" of snow in the area.

Jeez. I need some Magic City or Kingston sunshine right about now...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
It is cloudy and rainy here and a bit cold for CA. My electric bill just doubled this past month.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I hold no hopes for Nokia. See how quiet things were with the tablet they launched earlier? I think they'll be a lot of buzz and hype but they won't fare better than most OEMs in Android these days. If they're not careful, the Chinese'll blow them out of the water before they even start.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
They are just lending their name it seems. Foxconn built their tablet. Beautiful hardware but I believe they made it predominantly for the Asian and EU market. Let's see if they bring the phone to USA.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Hi everyone. Was on one of those big team meetings at work this morning. One of those meetings you wonder why you are there. Back to work!
Our company rents out an auditorium to do it once and sometimes twice a year. Sometimes it is fun, other times not so much. It is a good way to get the operators and technicians who build the product get energized.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Now this is the guy i need, what's infraction? It's something related to this forum, that's all i know, lol.
Violating a policy. I saw the reason you got it. Posting links to get pirated music is a no-no at Mobile Nations sites.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Prince is so good it isn't funny. Best concert I've gone to was with an ex 6 years ago for Prince. Esmeralda Spaulding (whose really wirth listening to if you like neo soul) and Lala Hathaway opened for Prince. And all he sang was early Prince.

It was great because when he came out, no one sat. It was an older crowd who knew his old stuff and they all sang along to everything. Got a greater appreciation for him after that night.

Posted via Xperia Z3
I like Esmeralda Spaulding. And of course who doesn't like Prince...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Posted via Xperia Z3
I like Niles Rodgers as well and he has been getting some good air play thanks to Daft Punk lately.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Notice we didn't even get to the Bee Gees yet?

I'm telling you, get me, 99 and Rue in a room talking music and if Sahib tried to take notes either his hand would fall off or his head'll explode...

Posted via Xperia Z3
I read through 30 odd posts about funk music and no mention of Bee Gees? Specifically since Earth, Wind and Fire was already mentioned? One of their later songs, Paying the Price of Love is one my all time favorites.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mietaz