Just a start. Claude Monet"s house
    04-21-2019 01:18 PM
    I have enjoyed all of Juan Bagnell's LG G8 videos. But this new one was a bit better than the one posted by the Tech Rant guy.

Oh and speaking of G8, I am probably getting one. Having seen a few reviews/videos, the camera is actually quite good.

Finally watching this (it seems like since you shared this here, YouTube has been recommending this video to me continuously) and I appreciate his viewpoint and the way he does reviews (ditto what MIA said about him basically lol). I do appreciate that he said it competes with the S10 (regular) and how it does. I feel like a good amount of people are forgetting about that version.

I'm subscribed to him but I don't really watch as much since he does a lot of live videos (and some stuff I'm not interested in) and I don't really watch those so I'm generally late to the party on his videos. I'll have to check out his other LG G8 videos as I have only watched one aside from this one.
    04-21-2019 06:45 PM
    Finally watching this (it seems like since you shared this here, YouTube has been recommending this video to me continuously) and I appreciate his viewpoint and the way he does reviews (ditto what MIA said about him basically lol). I do appreciate that he said it competes with the S10 (regular) and how it does. I feel like a good amount of people are forgetting about that version.

I'm subscribed to him but I don't really watch as much since he does a lot of live videos (and some stuff I'm not interested in) and I don't really watch those so I'm generally late to the party on his videos. I'll have to check out his other LG G8 videos as I have only watched one aside from this one.
    Some people are ****ting on the G8 because they are comparing it to both the XR and the S10e. It should be compared to the X/XS and the S10 instead.

Again, the brand hatred is annoying.
    libra89 likes this.
    04-21-2019 08:48 PM
    Some more pics
    libra89, aximtreo, raycpl and 2 others like this.
    04-22-2019 02:48 AM
    So my opinion on Monet's garden.

It's a lovely place spoiled by tourism. Like a lot of places these days.

There were just too many people to enjoy the place.

If you're ever thinking of going here, go on a weekday and possibly off peak. The unfortunate part is you won't see the garden at it's best but would be able to enjoy it more.
    aximtreo and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-22-2019 04:50 AM
    I look at YouTubers for one thing - entertainment. I watch Michael Fisher because his production is as good as mkbhd, but I enjoy his narrative style more. I watch Flossy Carter because his NY hustle is a great reminder of the city and he uses lots of real world uses for devices. I watch Max Lee and C4ETech because they are geeks about the tech and can actual mod phones (especially Max). I watch Damir because his take is for answering the purchasing question of value for money and getting the most phone for what you are willing to pay for. I watch Juan Bagnell and J. Williams/Eazy Computer Solutions because they're more about really using a phone for its full features once it has been purchased.

It's all entertainment. Very rarely I'll by a product based on a YouTube recommendation because I know what I'm looking for anyways.
    I don't know how you have time to watch all those reviewers...
    04-22-2019 04:51 AM
    So I'm sort of narrowing in on the Sony ZX3 as a possible replacement for my phone.

I have to admit I don't like everything about it. But I like more about it than other phones.

It's sort of a comfort thing. Sort of the devil you know.

I'm a bit annoyed about the lack of 3.5mn but that's reality. I don't like the fingerprint placement.

I do like most everything else though. I'm used to Sony.

The Huawei P20 Pro did interest me but not sure I could get used to the launcher. I know I could change it but I dislike the idea of having to do that when buying a phone. I like changing launchers because I feel like it not because I have to.
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 04-23-2019 at 07:43 AM.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-22-2019 04:58 AM
    I watch a lot less YouTube these days, actually. I don't watch every video from everyone I've mentioned either. Some of the people I've mentioned I don't follow their channels anymore either.

I think that it is actually harder to get a feel of a device from watching YouTube than ever before because of the biases. It why I'm glad I'm essentially out of the enthusiasts market now. While there are devices I would try if given the opportunity to do so, I'm not cutting corners and busting my *** to get them.
    libra89 likes this.
    04-22-2019 07:29 AM
    So I'm sorry of narrowing in on the Sony ZX3 as a possible replacement for my phone.

I have to admit I don't like everything about it. But I like more about it than other phones.

It's sort of a comfort thing. Sort of the devil you know.

I'm a bit annoyed about the lack of 3.5mn but that's reality. I don't like the fingerprint placement.

I do like most everything else though. I used to Sony.

The Huawei P20 Pro did interest me but not sure I could get used to the launcher. I know I could change it but I dislike the idea of having to do that when buying a phone. I like changing launchers because I feel like it not because I have to.
    Well, believe it or not, your struggle is a common one. Which is why it is hard to change brands for some people. But is also why in a lot of ways Android sucks. Great hardware options, but the software variance (Google included) can leave something to be desired.
    libra89, aximtreo, N_LaRUE and 1 others like this.
    04-22-2019 07:32 AM
    It's not hard for me lol, even though I'm a part-time student. I have must watch people (so I watch all of their stuff) and like MIA said, I don't watch everything for a lot of people. Fortunately, not all of my must watch people are always consistent (or upload a lot).

To be fair, I do a lot of watching at work by having it in my ear.
    04-22-2019 07:42 AM
    Some people are ****ting on the G8 because they are comparing it to both the XR and the S10e. It should be compared to the X/XS and the S10 instead.

Again, the brand hatred is annoying.
    True about the brand hatred. It's not worth it for what is actually a good phone.
    It kinda reminds me what happened with one of the HTC phones a year or so.
    04-22-2019 08:10 AM
    It's not hard for me lol, even though I'm a part-time student. I have must watch people (so I watch all of their stuff) and like MIA said, I don't watch everything for a lot of people. Fortunately, not all of my must watch people are always consistent (or upload a lot).

This is why you hear people talk about consuming content on the go. Lots of people watch YouTube, movies, videos in . So things like battery life, speaker performance, display for that purpose is very important.
    libra89 likes this.
    04-22-2019 10:26 AM

I tried to listen at work but I can't turn the screen off my phone otherwise the video stops. I don't have YouTube red or whatever it's called.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-23-2019 12:26 AM
    I had eBay bucks to use so picked up the LG G7 Thinq. Let's see how it turns out.
    N_LaRUE, libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-23-2019 12:28 AM
    Well, believe it or not, your struggle is a common one. Which is why it is hard to change brands for some people. But is also why in a lot of ways Android sucks. Great hardware options, but the software variance (Google included) can leave something to be desired.
    It's also the reason why people stick to Apple.

They don't have to think, it just works... Insert Apple fan words...

See my previous statements on change...
    libra89, aximtreo and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-23-2019 12:30 AM
    It's also the reason why people stick to Apple.

They don't have to think, it just works... Insert Apple fan words...

See my previous statements on change...
    This is true, but also Apple is super easy with the switching process from one iPhone to another. Now, as long as the other phone is on, you can use it to set up the other one in the exact same way with everything. No need to go back and change small things. When I say everything, I do mean every single detail.

Smart switch is pretty good on Samsung but Apple's way is the best with the ease and the amount of time it takes.
    04-23-2019 09:28 AM
    This is true, but also Apple is super easy with the switching process from one iPhone to another. Now, as long as the other phone is on, you can use it to set up the other one in the exact same way with everything. No need to go back and change small things. When I say everything, I do mean every single detail.

Smart switch is pretty good on Samsung but Apple's way is the best with the ease and the amount of time it takes.
    True dat. For chronic switchers like me (us), it makes life simpler.
    libra89, aximtreo and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-23-2019 09:53 AM
    Did anyone try to see the meteor shower last night? We stayed up for a bit (way past the kid's bedtime) and saw a couple of really nice ones streaking across the sky. Also saw the International Space Station go streaking by again.
    fatclue_98 and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-23-2019 12:53 PM
    Did anyone try to see the meteor shower last night? We stayed up for a bit (way past the kid's bedtime) and saw a couple of really nice ones streaking across the sky. Also saw the International Space Station go streaking by again.
    I wasn't aware that there was a meteor shower, which is unfortunate, since I love seeing those phenomenas.
    libra89 likes this.
    04-24-2019 03:15 AM
    Can't recall who it was, but in the other thread ("your latest purchase") someone had nice stargazing telescope. I'm sure that would have come im handy.

Talking about fate, it's not so good for my kitten I rescued couple of months back... Triple infections including virus, blood parasite & protozoa... its 50/50 at the moment.. He's a strong and spirited cat. Hope he pulls through
    Laura Knotek and aximtreo like this.
    04-24-2019 03:15 AM
    Can't recall who it was, but in the other thread ("your latest purchase") someone had nice stargazing telescope. I'm sure that would have come im handy.

Talking about fate, it's not so good for my kitten I rescued couple of months back... Triple infections including virus, blood parasite & protozoa... its 50/50 at the moment.. He's a strong and spirited cat. Hope he pulls through
    Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about Mickey. I hope he will recover from his illnesses.

That was Guytronic who got the cool telescope. I would sure love to have it.
    raycpl, libra89 and aximtreo like this.
    04-24-2019 03:21 AM
    Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about Mickey. I hope he will recover from his illnesses.

That was Guytronic who got the cool telescope. I would sure love to have it.
    Thanks Laura

... And I'm off tonight, going back to Penang for a couple of weeks.. Visiting my mum, food, beaches, shopping, food, old school mates.. did I mention food??
    Laura Knotek, N_LaRUE and libra89 like this.
    04-24-2019 03:39 AM
    Thanks Laura

... And I'm off tonight, going back to Penang for a couple of weeks.. Visiting my mum, food, beaches, shopping, food, old school mates.. did I mention food??
    Ooh! Enjoy your holiday. Please post pictures of the great food you enjoy.
    libra89 and raycpl like this.
    04-24-2019 03:44 AM
    So Google is releasing two new Pixels (sorry haven't been paying attention).

They don't appear to be a big step up from the current 3 and the names sort of suggest that.

It's a bit odd or am I missing something?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-24-2019 10:19 AM
    So Google is releasing two new Pixels (sorry haven't been paying attention).

They don't appear to be a big step up from the current 3 and the names sort of suggest that.

It's a bit odd or am I missing something?
    I think you kinda are. They are releasing them to enter the midrange market, from my understanding. It's just meant to have the same great camera but make sacrifices in certain areas. Considering how quick they pull their older phones, I guess this was their best option.

I'm personally interested if the smaller model would be smaller than the S10e.
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-24-2019 10:54 AM
152,676 ... 59145915591659175918 ...