WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

...and yes, this won't melt for weeks...

Posted approved via Moto Maxx
Well technically you don't want it to melt and freeze. That just makes lots of ice..

If we ever had anything like that over here I'd be off work for weeks... This whole place would come to a standstill. They simply wouldn't cope.

Our public transport stops with the slightest disturbances so a lot of people would be stranded. The roads wouldn't be cleared for days... It would be stormageddon here. The kids would love it of course. 😜

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Sahib only has history left, whatever algebra he learnt he has long forgotten, if he can remember the past accurately he will not have any issues passing history this semester
American history is somewhat dull. Hopefully he has a good teacher.

I took American history back in high school. I got a good grade. I imagine our learning of it was probably different than what pupils learn in the US. Still, it wasn't as good as thought it would be. I did get bored but managed to slog through it.

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

American history is somewhat dull. Hopefully he has a good teacher.

I took American history back in high school. I got a good grade. I imagine our leaning of it was probably different than what pupils learn in the US. Still, it wasn't as good as thought it would be. I did get bored but managed to slog through it.
I didn't take US history in university, but I took history of western civilization. My professor was a British guy who moved to the US. The course was very interesting.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I didn't take US history in university, but I took history of western civilization. My professor was a British guy who moved to the US. The course was very interesting.
Unfortunately I went to an engineering school for undergraduate studies an no general study courses were offered to us! Only science, math and basic engineering classes from the get go...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Unfortunately I went to an engineering school for undergraduate studies an no general study courses were offered to us! Only science, math and basic engineering classes from the get go...
That pretty much was like my college. We had a couple of other classes like English (for CV/resume writing) but not much else.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Beside English composition, the other English course I took was 17th-19th Century British literature. A British professor also taught that course.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Beside English composition, the other English course I took was 17th-19th Century British literature. A British professor also taught that course.
The professor for whom I taught Chemistry labs to engineering and pre-med students in graduate school was British married to an African American lady... he had a very diverse group of students and TAs. Really liked working with him. The next professor was Greek American...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Well technically you don't want it to melt and freeze. That just makes lots of ice..

If we ever had anything like that over here I'd be off work for weeks... This whole place would come to a standstill. They simply wouldn't cope.

Our public transport stops with the slightest disturbances so a lot of people would be stranded. The roads wouldn't be cleared for days... It would be stormageddon here. The kids would love it of course. 😜

That's always the concern...black ice on the road for drivers, high snowbanks for pedestrians and drivers to navgiate and frozen ice for pedestrians to walk on. Fun times indeed...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. So i picked this up recently. Going to do a test drive for two weeks then post a mini review.

Yes, it's a G Watch R.

Attachments

• 24310.jpg
    24310.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 5

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That pretty much was like my college. We had a couple of other classes like English (for CV/resume writing) but not much else.

Same here for my undergraduate degree. Fortunately, i liked history as a child and took European history - French Revolution to 1945 - and Caribbean history - End of Slavery through about decolonization in the 1960s - in high school as what Americans would call AP History. Was on my way to be a curator, actually...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

NJ Transit rail is close to schedule today. Buses are too, but of course they drive slower due to the road conditions. Glad our tax dollars was put to good use and the officials prepared well enough. Still, lots of streets need to be dug out (mostly side streets).

A few folks died in the area, mostly from people who were shoveling snow. Sometimes the overexertion can bring out underlying conditions...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99