Dynamic range is great with the Gcam port.
    The Gcam shots are generally darker. I like the overall results. The jpeg file is about half the size.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-06-2019 01:02 AM
    Got an email today from Dropbox stating the obvious, support for Windows Mobile ends.......today! The gits and shiggles got going and I fired up the Primo. Not only did Dropbox still work there was a Store update for it and I had to sign in all over again and do a 2 factor auth. For reasons only Microsoft can explain, Facebook contacts are syncing again along with photos. Fitbit, Xodo PDF, Piny and myTube all had fresh updates too. This is crazy y’all.
    libra89, Laura Knotek and aximtreo like this.
    05-07-2019 05:44 PM
    So the 3a is real and I'll like one. I'm shocked that it is $399 for that camera. While it is around the height of the Xr, it isn't as brick like.
    05-07-2019 05:55 PM
    So the 3a is real and I'll like one. I'm shocked that it is $399 for that camera. While it is around the height of the Xr, it isn't as brick like.
    So are you getting the Purple one?
    05-07-2019 06:00 PM
    I think I just might but I need some camera comparisons to make me actually do it. The purple is really unique so that one is probably the most interesting.

Edit: On second thought, the white is kind of drawing me in. I don't like yellow on a daily device lol.
    Last edited by libra89; 05-07-2019 at 09:41 PM.
    05-07-2019 06:35 PM
    Pixel 3a, eh? Heh.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-07-2019 06:59 PM
    Hopeful that the new 2-in-1 Qi charger will recover my Gear Sport. If it doesn't, I may have to buy another one. It used to charge on th GF's charger but now it doesn't.

I saw the Active and I just cannot get that one because it is so small and similar to my Android Wear watches sans rotating bezel.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-07-2019 07:02 PM
    Pixel 3a, eh? Heh.
    With Google making a mid range phone, does that mean they've fixed their QC issues?
    05-07-2019 08:13 PM
    With Google making a mid range phone, does that mean they've fixed their QC issues?
    That would be nice. I hope so.
    05-07-2019 09:34 PM
    That would be nice. I hope so.
    Always interesting to hear how people are quicker to call the LG bootloop situation of 3 year ago and conveniently forget Google's Pixel QC issues or the Note 7 fiasco...
    libra89, Laura Knotek and aximtreo like this.
    05-07-2019 10:12 PM
    Always interesting to hear how people are quicker to call the LG bootloop situation of 3 year ago and conveniently forget Google's Pixel QC issues or the Note 7 fiasco...
    Samsung recalled the Note 7, gave people phones and gave great trade in deals.
    Google swapped out people's Pixels without much hassle.
    LG didn't help me with my new G4 and didn't help people with the boot loop issue devices and that's why people remember LG. Their notoriety is well deserved.
    05-07-2019 10:24 PM
    It appears the purple-ish isn't available in France. I was going to suggest it to wife but my wife wouldn't like it anyway.

If they're going to do purple do it right. The colour is a bit fugly.

I'm still not a fan of the design either.

Oh well.

I'm currently trying to convince her to get a XZ2 compact as an upgrade. She likes small phones and there just aren't any around.

I did point out the Samsung 10e but she's not a fan of Samsung.

It's going to become more difficult to find her a phone she likes as time goes by.

Hell I'm still having difficulty figuring out what I want.

I wish Nokia would hurry up and get a decent flagship out but they're too busy with the mid and low end.

The phone market is a bit meh at they moment.
    libra89, aximtreo and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-08-2019 02:53 AM
    It appears the purple-ish isn't available in France. I was going to suggest it to wife but my wife wouldn't like it anyway.

If they're going to do purple do it right. The colour is a bit fugly.

I'm still not a fan of the design either.

Oh well.

I'm currently trying to convince her to get a XZ2 compact as an upgrade. She likes small phones and there just aren't any around.

I did point out the Samsung 10e but she's not a fan of Samsung.

It's going to become more difficult to find her a phone she likes as time goes by.

Hell I'm still having difficulty figuring out what I want.

I wish Nokia would hurry up and get a decent flagship out but they're too busy with the mid and low end.

The phone market is a bit meh at they moment.
    Unfortunately, this is true about options. I'm amazed that there's even 3 to start with in this category. I wish her good luck and I hope that she'll be able to make the choice before her phone does it for her
    05-08-2019 07:07 PM
    So WhatsApp decided to end support for Windows Phone after December 31. They had a good run but it's still sad.

My dad will have to change now, since that's the only app he uses really. I don't even know if Android is really the best option for him as a Microsoft user with Outlook email addresses and occasionally adding contacts to his phone. I wonder how the Outlook app is now with connecting to the phone contacts.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-08-2019 07:16 PM
    I think I just might but I need some camera comparisons to make me actually do it. The purple is really unique so that one is probably the most interesting.

Edit: On second thought, the white is kind of drawing me in. I don't like yellow on a daily device lol.
    Seeing the camera comparisons is interesting. I really like the improved colors but I'm considering changing my mind with getting one.

The height difference between the S10e and the Pixel 3a is great. I see that they are essentially the same width which is great but I really like the smallness of the S10e to fit in pockets and how the UI seems to help with the size. I don't think I can get myself to give that up. It can probably work for me, but I would notice the pocket difference immediately in the way I did when I had the Xr, even though that was also really wide.

https://www.phonearena.com/phones/si...es/11060,11114
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-08-2019 09:41 PM
    So WhatsApp decided to end support for Windows Phone after December 31. They had a good run but it's still sad.

My dad will have to change now, since that's the only app he uses really. I don't even know if Android is really the best option for him as a Microsoft user with Outlook email addresses and occasionally adding contacts to his phone. I wonder how the Outlook app is now with connecting to the phone contacts.
    The Outlook app will sync contacts. If he uses whatever MS email to set up the phone then it will sync everything without issues.

The main thing with contacts is ensuring that the account they're associated with is linked in the app and set to sync.

Best thing to do is try it with an old phone to ensure it works but I don't think the issues that were around in the past exist anymore.
    05-08-2019 11:22 PM
    Unfortunately, this is true about options. I'm amazed that there's even 3 to start with in this category. I wish her good luck and I hope that she'll be able to make the choice before her phone does it for her
    She actually needs a larger phone but refuses to get one because of the issue of carrying it around she doesn't typically carry a bag so it comes down to pockets. Which in women's clothing is hit and miss.

The state of the mobile market is pretty depressing and a touch boring but that was bound to happen.

It's sad when you think there's really only one OEM in Android putting out what most people consider an 'everyday' phone currently.
    05-08-2019 11:28 PM
    The Outlook app will sync contacts. If he uses whatever MS email to set up the phone then it will sync everything without issues.

The main thing with contacts is ensuring that the account they're associated with is linked in the app and set to sync.

Best thing to do is try it with an old phone to ensure it works but I don't think the issues that were around in the past exist anymore.
    Okay, this is good to know, thank you. My dad never uses the calendar so I think he should be good to go.
    N_LaRUE, aximtreo and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-09-2019 07:42 AM
    She actually needs a larger phone but refuses to get one because of the issue of carrying it around she doesn't typically carry a bag so it comes down to pockets. Which in women's clothing is hit and miss.

The state of the mobile market is pretty depressing and a touch boring but that was bound to happen.

It's sad when you think there's really only one OEM in Android putting out what most people consider an 'everyday' phone currently.
    Ooh okay. I can believe and understand this. The S10e is the only one I would recommend with this issue. It doesn't work as well as the XZ1 Compact in size but aside from the XZ2 Compact, that's it. The Pixel 3a is much longer.
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-09-2019 07:46 AM
    Ooh okay. I can believe and understand this. The S10e is the only one I would recommend with this issue. It doesn't work as well as the XZ1 Compact in size but aside from the XZ2 Compact, that's it. The Pixel 3a is much longer.
    S10e is probably the only compact phone worth recommending on the Android side. There might be a few Chinese devices but software support will be horrible and the camera will be way worse than Samsung.
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-09-2019 10:23 AM
    The other two compact phones (albeit slightly larger than S10e) are
    https://www.phonearena.com/phones/si...es/11060,11095

And I am getting both of them. The LG G8 ThinQ just got delivered at home and I placed the order for the 3a in White with T-Mobile a few minutes ago.

Looking forward to trying both of them out.
    05-09-2019 03:05 PM
    The other two compact phones (albeit slightly larger than S10e) are
    https://www.phonearena.com/phones/si...es/11060,11095

And I am getting both of them. The LG G8 ThinQ just got delivered at home and I placed the order for the 3a in White with T-Mobile a few minutes ago.

Looking forward to trying both of them out.
    Cool beans, give us the skinny on them. I’ve gone compact myself but it’s more for health reasons than anything else. My RA has become very aggressive and it hurts my thumbs to reach across large screens. I’m rocking the smallest iPhone and the largest iPad. The XZ2 Compact may be going on eBay, still undecided.
    libra89, aximtreo and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-09-2019 06:28 PM
    Give me MiUI over EMUI all day every day and twice on Sundays.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-09-2019 10:08 PM
    What's worse than leaving off the 3.5mm jack on a phone? Putting on one with a bad dac and amp. I'm glad that most OEMs who gave up on audio axed the port on their high end models. I blame Google for not having a consistent USB-C audio standard though.
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-09-2019 10:13 PM
    Two new goodies that I hope will pair together nicely. MEE X1 earbuds and LG G8 ThinQ.
    libra89, N_LaRUE, raycpl and 1 others like this.
    05-10-2019 08:17 AM
150,166 ... 59175918591959205921 ...