WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

That's true but it's still PITA since First time after I was 15 I will have to relay solely on my parents to drive me around.
I can understand that.

The last time I had a leg injury was when I was 14 and needed knee surgery, but driving age here is 16.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

There is an image problem that WM has. Having your lead using a competitors device while traveling for a year doesn't boost confidence for those considering a possible change.

Not that I care I'm just going by perception.

This just adds to all that talk of WM dying and no one at MS caring about it.
I think I mentioned this already that in our Microsoft partner conference in Singapore last year, majority of attendees including Microsoft employees are using products from Apple.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

For all of you who think hard reset on WP is bad, or using WDRT is a pain, or that WP stuck in a bootloop is a PITA, try resetting an iPhone stuck in a bootloop using iTunes, good lord what a PITA and how slow is the process, the spinning gears and download stuck at 4% on WP is way better than a black screen on the phone and virtually no sign of progress bar movement on the iTunes screen (the phone screen is black throughout the process). Watching paint dry is a better use of time than this!!!

Ain't it fun to be peeling rotten iFruit like this?

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I think I mentioned this already that in our Microsoft partner conference in Singapore last year, majority of attendees including Microsoft employees are using products from Apple.

I'm not really surprised by that as WP was initially developed with capitalising on an Apple type platform. Getting people to buy into the ecosystem and locking them in.

Strangely however, though they seem to cater to iOS first (like everyone) they appear to be leaning more towards an Android like interface than a iOS type one. Then again I don't know enough about iOS to really comment.

Still, I have no gripe or bones to pick about what they use personally. It just doesn't give consumers confidence when you've got the top brass and other MS employees using competitor phones and then trying to sell their product to you. Doesn't look good overall.

Though consumers have voted with their feet ever since WP has come out. Some have stuck around others have come in and out of WP lots of people keep waiting for that 'ah ha' moment when the rest of the world will realise how great WP is and shift over. Thing is, there is very little compelling reason to go to WP. There's little reason to want to use it unless you're a fan of interface because that's all it's got to offer. The average consumer will not use Continuum, nor will enterprise. Continuum is a unique, niche area which will appeal to a small segment of the populace.

With WP still lacking mainstream apps (excluding the 3rd party equivalents), lacking enterprise support (they're still missing apps for it) and then releasing top tier phones that hasn't been marketed (still haven't seen a single ad for a L950 here) you have to wonder what they're doing and what their plans are.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks.

At the end of the day, people want devices that perception wise, "just works" and have the conveniences modern platforms have - aka access to the apps of their choosing. As good as Android is, devs will still when making a cross platform app do the iOS version first...that's where the user base with the $ is. There is not doubt that Windows phone works, it works well as an OS. But MSFT's ability to build mindshare hasn't been good and even though their long term strategy in theory seems nice, it has the chance to blow up in their faces.

Plus, the recent hardware snafus and software delays with Windows 10 for older devices and bugginess of some builds on the newer Windows devices (and how unnecessarily overpriced the new hardware is) just isn't helping matters. The cellphone market is saturated. The upper budget range and mid range is where the battle is at these days, and if MSFT cannot court devs to build universal apps, the ship is sunk.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Rue, looks like you're the only one now with a Sony phone as a regular here...

Posted approved via Moto Maxx

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Rue, looks like you're the only one now with a Sony phone as a regular here...

For the time being. I haven't discounted the possibility of a new phone this year. Just no idea what to get at the moment and I'm in no hurry really.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

For the time being. I haven't discounted the possibility of a new phone this year. Just no idea what to get at the moment and I'm in no hurry really.

Understood. I'm on the market for a G4. Nothing else interests me. While I'm not a fan of the LG UI, the camera for what i plan to do will do the trick. I do miss my Z3 already.

I may score either a 950 or 5X later in the year as a 3rd device.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Understood. I'm on the market for a G4. Nothing else interests me. While I'm not a fan of the LG UI, the camera for what i plan to do will do the trick. I do miss my Z3 already.

I may score either a 950 or 5X later in the year as a 3rd device.

I have little interest in the 950 or the Nexus devices. This is why I'm in no hurry.

I'm also only a one device user so going back to WP would just irritate me. LOL!

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

How did that happen by playing football ? 😓 did you step in a pothole or something
We are playing inside. I stepped badly and it happened. Hopefully it's not that bad since I managed to drive back home tomorrow, go back to schools to a lecture and that. I hope.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I have little interest in the 950 or the Nexus devices. This is why I'm in no hurry.

I'm also only a one device user so going back to WP would just irritate me. LOL!

I may get a 5X. I'm not rushing for one. I'm looking into doing a solo vacation to Puerto Rico within the next year and wanted not to take the G4 or Maxx. We'll see. Nexus devices are...meh.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Some serious sh**t is going on here. They've started arresting politicians.
Well it was about the time. Altough it is an election year, so, politiclly motivated it is.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Early days so far, but I really like my G Watch R. A perfect compliment to my Sony SW3. Much, much better than the 360 (2014).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)