Protect your tech:Get an Upsie warranty & save up to 70%
    I have no interest in that either...

There's enough issues over than to worry about baby 45.
    Baby 45
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-18-2019 02:31 PM
    Enjoying using the V35 without a case. I have a wood skin on the back and tempered glass on the front.
    Visuals... img_20190518_161700.jpegimg_20190518_161709.jpeg
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-18-2019 03:18 PM
    Visuals... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190518_161700.jpeg 
Views:	7 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	140805Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190518_161709.jpeg 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	140806
    Ooh very nice!
    05-18-2019 03:22 PM
    I forgot to say that I'm done with school for a week and a few days so it's been good to just relax.
    Laura Knotek and raycpl like this.
    05-18-2019 03:23 PM
    Baby 45
    Yep
    05-18-2019 03:25 PM
    Ooh very nice!
    Thanks. Runs on Niagara launcher, which looks surprisingly good on it as it did on the 8. Have the carbon fibre skin too but the wood goes good with my watch straps.

Yep, like the V35 a lot.
    Last edited by MSFTisMIA; 05-18-2019 at 09:47 PM.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-18-2019 05:50 PM
    I have no interest in that either...

There's enough issues over here than to worry about baby 45.
    Don't go hurting his feelings. His supporters don't like that.
    Laura Knotek, N_LaRUE and libra89 like this.
    05-18-2019 09:48 PM
    Visuals... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190518_161700.jpeg 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	140805Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190518_161709.jpeg 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	140806
    That looks really nice.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-19-2019 02:07 AM
    Don't go hurting his feelings. His supporters don't like that.
    I'm well aware of the 45

Unless we don't watch or read the news we can't escape hearing about what happens in the USA.

With 45 the GOP finally got the president they wanted. Someone who keeps their base happy while they get what they want.

45 is as much a good president and he is a a good businessman.

That should scare anyone normal.

And yes I know how the evangelicals feel about him too...

But like I said we have our own problems over here. The right is on the rise, funded and supported by Bannon and Russia.

Goal is destabilisation of the EU.

Unfortunately their base, like those in the USA only hear and see what they want. It's no different. The tactics are the same and we got here the same way the USA did by ignoring those who've been hit the hardest by the economic change in the last 30 - 40 years

However, Europe is a lot different than the USA in a lot of ways but those who support populists think very much like the ones in the USA. The unfortunate part is they often don't realise how good they have it because they've never stepped outside their own backyard. Just like it's easy to be racist if the place you live in has people who look like you.

The EU elections are very important this time around. I just hope the right parties come on top. It's hard to judge.

That's politics.

I haven't even begun to tell you the nonsense I have gone through the last three months.
    TgeekB, libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-19-2019 03:34 AM
    Well, I'm back working on this corner of the internet again. It's been good so far, at least for me to do.

For the closet lurkers who love to see my rants, you can find that on wider topics here:

https://rumbaradvice.wordpress.com/
    To give some context here...

My blog is old. About 10 years, actually. It came out of some conversations that I had with some high school friends on Facebook (when I used to use it). For those who choose to look in the archives, there's lots of stuff to see...and it's interesting how cyclical some topics have been over the years.

Blogging is hard. I do miss the old format where it was a mix of commentary and quotes... It was as just too much to sustain. So even though the blog is old, it seems inconsistent if it's viewed by dates.

I'm always open for new topics. Now I just do it more casually to reduce the stress.
    N_LaRUE, libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-19-2019 12:19 PM
    To give some context here...

My blog is old. About 10 years, actually. It came out of some conversations that I had with some high school friends on Facebook (when I used to use it). For those who choose to look in the archives, there's lots of stuff to see...and it's interesting how cyclical some topics have been over the years.

Blogging is hard. I do miss the old format where it was a mix of commentary and quotes... It was as just too much to sustain. So even though the blog is old, it seems inconsistent if it's viewed by dates.

I'm always open for new topics. Now I just do it more casually to reduce the stress.
    I plan to catch up now that I can!

I had no idea that you have blogged for so long though.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-19-2019 03:59 PM
    Welp. I wonder if this is just for future phones or for all phones, including the Honor line.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/0...he-play-store/
    05-19-2019 04:01 PM
    Welp. I wonder if this is just for future phones or for all phones, including the Honor line.

2020 can't come soon enough. We need to get rid of MIA's tio, and that right soon.
    libra89, Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    05-19-2019 04:38 PM
    05-19-2019 05:34 PM

Oh, this would include Honor as well, being a Huawei sub-brand. I knew my Mate was a collector's piece, but now I need to confirm what software version I'm on.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-19-2019 05:39 PM
    I do hope this isn't true
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-19-2019 05:39 PM
    2020 can't come soon enough. We need to get rid of MIA's tio, and that right soon.
    While you're busy throwing him out, don't forget to put out his Republican enablers using him as a wrecking ball to push through these policies.
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-19-2019 05:40 PM
    I do hope this isn't true
    ZTE, Huawei. Is Xiaomi next?
    05-19-2019 05:40 PM
    Oh, this would include Honor as well, being a Huawei sub-brand. I knew my Mate was a collector's piece, but now I need to confirm what software version I'm on.
    That would suck. My brother in law has a Honor 8 so I don't think he would be pleased with this.

Will this possibly affect your setup?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-19-2019 05:45 PM
    Well, I guess if Google does band Huawei, I wonder what it does to the resale market on Swappa...
    05-19-2019 07:14 PM
    That would suck. My brother in law has a Honor 8 so I don't think he would be pleased with this.

Will this possibly affect your setup?
    Nope. Because I was never planning to use it as a daily driver. Mine is on Pie, with the Jan 2019 patch. I may just grab a few more apps today and turn off the auto update in the event this doesn't work and Huawei pushes out its home-grown OS to Mate users.
    05-19-2019 07:51 PM
    Well, I guess if Google does band Huawei, I wonder what it does to the resale market on Swappa...
    Or what does this do for accessories? I was all set to get one of their annoyingly expensive nano SD cards. Guess I'll just do the old manual back ups for my photos. I think I have enough screen protectors to get me by.

Does this mean I will still be allowed to use the phone on these US networks? I think so, but I am very curious now.
    05-19-2019 07:56 PM
    Or what does this do for accessories? I was all set to get one of their annoyingly expensive nano SD cards. Guess I'll just do the old manual back ups for my photos. I think I have enough screen protectors to get me by.

Does this mean I will still be allowed to use the phone on these US networks? I think so, but I am very curious now.
    Guess this means I may have to bring my V35 along to the wedding.
    05-19-2019 08:23 PM

So far the information is that current phones are fine, it's only future phones.

Though they're making a big thing out of phones they haven't mentioned laptops or anything else other than 5G network infrastructure.

I'm not sure how convinced I am about the Chinese government using Huawei is but I guess it's no different than the USA using it's tech companies...

China has issues, there's no doubt but this is looks more and more like the US trying to cripple China because they're scared of them being better (stronger) than the US...

Typical.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-20-2019 01:47 AM
    So far the information is that current phones are fine, it's only future phones.

Though they're making a big thing out of phones they haven't mentioned laptops or anything else other than 5G network infrastructure.

I'm not sure how convinced I am about the Chinese government using Huawei is but I guess it's no different than the USA using it's tech companies...

China has issues, there's no doubt but this is looks more and more like the US trying to cripple China because they're scared of them being better (stronger) than the US...

Typical.
    https://www.phonearena.com/news/Qual...uawei_id116152

There goes the laptops, if accurate...
    N_LaRUE and libra89 like this.
    05-20-2019 05:25 AM
148,678 ... 59215922592359245925 ...