Morning folks.

@martin, love that deadpool picture. He was always one of my favorites during my comic reading days in early adolescence. If that's a female deadpool in the front, she's pretty cute...

Getting used to GDR3. I do like the change with the multitasking. For some reason, everything seems a little larger than it did with Update 2. My hope is that when Nokia puts out their Black update it really tweaks the 1020. It is slowly getting cheaper and I'm waiting until it hits a certain price to grab it...
    martinmc78 likes this.
    10-29-2013 07:08 AM
    Got a short week this week (off on Friday). Looking forward to a food night's sleep on Thursday and typing papers and catching up on my reading for school.
    10-29-2013 07:12 AM
    Having an early lunch so I can finish some training at work. They added a tonne to my workload and the people I could ask for help are on holiday for the next week so I'm being thrown into the deep end. On the bright side they came clean and said this job has no hope of any design work except on a blue moon. At least I know where I stand and can concentrate getting a job elsewhere.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    10-29-2013 07:24 AM
    Getting used to GDR3. I do like the change with the multitasking. For some reason, everything seems a little larger than it did with Update 2. My hope is that when Nokia puts out their Black update it really tweaks the 1020. It is slowly getting cheaper and I'm waiting until it hits a certain price to grab it...
    I don't feel any difference. I didn't often use multitasking anyway, only when copying something into an email or something like it. Except that the phone didn't vibrate until I turned it on and off a few times and my lock screen time was set differently, everything feels the same.
    10-29-2013 07:30 AM
    Got a short week this week (off on Friday). Looking forward to a food night's sleep on Thursday and typing papers and catching up on my reading for school.
    You're the third person on here with a short week. Everyone is taking the first of Nov off. :P
    Chregu and MSFTisMIA like this.
    10-29-2013 07:47 AM
    Morning folks.

@martin, love that deadpool picture. He was always one of my favorites during my comic reading days in early adolescence. If that's a female deadpool in the front, she's pretty cute...
    If you think she's cute shes got nothing on some of the girls that were there. Had a Deadpool group picture taken with a Lara Croft lookalike. All im saying is im glad we were all wearing masks covering our faces
    N_LaRUE, MSFTisMIA and sahib lopez like this.
    10-29-2013 07:52 AM
    You're the third person on here with a short week. Everyone is taking the first of Nov off. :P
    I had yesterday off due to the storm knocking out virtually every form of public transport. Ive now got a long week to make up for the lost day.
    10-29-2013 07:54 AM
    I had yesterday off due to the storm knocking out virtually every form of public transport. Ive now got a long week to make up for the lost day.
    That sucks. Yeah I had the same issue. I ended up driving and getting in late. I'm making up my time next Friday. Yay. :/
    10-29-2013 08:03 AM
    That sucks. Yeah I had the same issue. I ended up driving and getting in late. I'm making up my time next Friday. Yay. :/
    Transport in this country is farcical - checked the trains at 6am and it said no service until 9am checked at 9am it said no service until 10am checked at 10am no service until 12. Decided at 10 I wasn't going to bother going in. Checked the trains at 12 just for sh*ts and giggles and it said there will be no service all day.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    10-29-2013 08:09 AM
    Transport in this country is farcical - checked the trains at 6am and it said no service until 9am checked at 9am it said no service until 10am checked at 10am no service until 12. Decided at 10 I wasn't going to bother going in. Checked the trains at 12 just for sh*ts and giggles and it said there will be no service all day.
    That's more or less what happened to me. I knew there were going to be delays or cancellations. When I woke up it said 8am. Then it jumped to 9. I checked what time I could catch a train it said 9:52am. However I don't think the service started until late. This morning was crazy at the station. Thankfully I had my tickets already.
    martinmc78 likes this.
    10-29-2013 08:13 AM
    That's more or less what happened to me. I knew there were going to be delays or cancellations. When I woke up it said 8am. Then it jumped to 9. I checked what time I could catch a train it said 9:52am. However I don't think the service started until late. This morning was crazy at the station. Thankfully I had my tickets already.
    Yeah trouble is working in London I am not about to drive into work even if by some miracle the roads were clear - congestion charge and parking for the day would have cost me a fortune. I left late this morning to intentionally miss the mayhem.
    10-29-2013 08:31 AM
    Yeah trouble is working in London I am not about to drive into work even if by some miracle the roads were clear - congestion charge and parking for the day would have cost me a fortune. I left late this morning to intentionally miss the mayhem.
    Don't blame you for not driving. Going home I got stuck on the M3. I'm only on it for a short distance. Two right lanes were closed. Took me 1 1/2hr to drive home, it should have been a 1/2hr drive.

I have to say this country doesn't cope well with 'severe weather'. :P
    10-29-2013 08:39 AM
    Don't blame you for not driving. Going home I got stuck on the M3. I'm only on it for a short distance. Two right lanes were closed. Took me 1 1/2hr to drive home, it should have been a 1/2hr drive.

I have to say this country doesn't cope well with 'severe weather'. :P
    This is an example for a not very clear Wikipedia article: Microscale thermophoresis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I can follow the pyisics described in it to some extend, but I'm very lost at the last sentence: "This binding curve can directly be fitted with the nonlinear solution of the law of mass action, with the dissociation constant KD as result.[5][6][7]"

Seems like a massive short-cut to me, explanation-wise.
    10-29-2013 08:45 AM
    It's no better here in Dallas with bad weather. Instant idiots, just add water.
    Chregu, N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    10-29-2013 08:45 AM
    It's no better here in Dallas with bad weather. Instant idiots, just add water.
    I spent some time in Dallas airport years ago on a transit flight. We decided we'd order the biggest milk shake McDonalds has to offer, real American style. I was the only one who finished it.
    stmav likes this.
    10-29-2013 08:47 AM
    This is an example for a not very clear Wikipedia article: Microscale thermophoresis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I can follow the pyisics described in it to some extend, but I'm very lost at the last sentence: "This binding curve can directly be fitted with the nonlinear solution of the law of mass action, with the dissociation constant KD as result.[5][6][7]"

Seems like a massive short-cut to me, explanation-wise.
    It's Wikipedia. :P Short-cut is the rule.

Also 'extent' not 'extend'.

extent - the particular degree to which something is or is believed to be the case

extend - cause to cover a wider area; make larger
    Chregu likes this.
    10-29-2013 08:50 AM
    They've gone with the McCafe shakes now. I don't think you can get those large ones anymore. Less shake for more money, typical.
    10-29-2013 08:55 AM
    Also 'extent' not 'extend'.

extent - the particular degree to which something is or is believed to be the case

extend - cause to cover a wider area; make larger
    You told me this before. I think this will be a hard one to get used to.

The extend of my incompetence to use extent in the right context annoys my to a high extent.
    10-29-2013 08:55 AM
    They've gone with the McCafe shakes now. I don't think you can get those large ones anymore. Less shake for more money, typical.
    We don't have McCafes here in the UK. As far as I know. They were popular in Oz though.
    10-29-2013 08:56 AM
    Yes, I guess the movie Super Size Me is responsible for it to some extent. (I'm practicing with extent now.) How's Dallas? I know only little about it.
    stmav, N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    10-29-2013 08:57 AM
    Yes, I guess the movie Super Size Me is responsible for it to some extent. (I'm practicing with extent now.) How's Dallas? I know only little about it.
    Yeah, that movie and the pc health conscious crowd had them cleaning up their act. I still think their best seller are the old reliables that aren't healthy.

Dallas is good at the moment. Nice temperature, so you can get out and do things without melting. There is about anything you would like to do here, very diverse. But in the summer months, it had better be indoors. Great zoo in Ft Worth. Went last weekend for a birthday, and 4 hours later only had seen half of it. Also plenty of museums, theater and such. Plus Six Flags for those that like amusements parks and roller coasters. All major sports and the FC Dallas team isn't bad for the soccer lovers. There are worse places to be than Dallas I guess.
    Chregu likes this.
    10-29-2013 09:05 AM
    Yeah, that movie and the pc health conscious crowd had them cleaning up their act. I still think their best seller are the old reliables that aren't healthy.

Dallas is good at the moment. Nice temperature, so you can get out and do things without melting. There is about anything you would like to do here, very diverse. But in the summer months, it had better be indoors. Great zoo in Ft Worth. Went last weekend for a birthday, and 4 hours later only had seen half of it. Also plenty of museums, theater and such. Plus Six Flags for those that like amusements parks and roller coasters. All major sports and the FC Dallas team isn't bad for the soccer lovers. There are worse places to be than Dallas I guess.
    I've haven't made it there, yet. I have some co-workers from there and they didn't give it very high praise. LOL! Some people aren't really good saying what's good about their city. I have to admit, I'm not a fan of zoos.
    10-29-2013 09:08 AM
    I've haven't made it there, yet. I have some co-workers from there and they didn't give it very high praise. LOL! Some people aren't really good saying what's good about their city. I have to admit, I'm not a fan of zoos.
    Me either, but it was a family outing so there was no option out. But for a non-zoo person, I'll say it was entertaining none the less. They do a good job of entertaining the little ones. New Orleans is where I'm from, but been in Dallas for years due to work. It's not a bad place to live. If you ever do make it here, do not come during the summer is the best advice I can give you.
    10-29-2013 09:15 AM
    Me either, but it was a family outing so there was no option out. But for a non-zoo person, I'll say it was entertaining none the less. They do a good job of entertaining the little ones. New Orleans is where I'm from, but been in Dallas for years due to work. It's not a bad place to live. If you ever do make it here, do not come during the summer is the best advice I can give you.
    Zoos have some good points but they not enough to change my opinion in general. It's still using animals as 'entertainment'.

I was in Vegas in July once. I'm assuming it would be something similar? That was hot. I've since been in hotter but yeah that was bad.
    10-29-2013 09:22 AM
    If you think she's cute shes got nothing on some of the girls that were there. Had a Deadpool group picture taken with a Lara Croft lookalike. All im saying is im glad we were all wearing masks covering our faces
    I'd be too distracted that those kind of smoking hot look-a-likes at a comic con, so that's why I stay away...
    10-29-2013 09:30 AM
143,556 ... 591592593594595 ...