Watch UFC 245 Exclusively on ESPN+

Catch Every Moment of UFC 245 Experience UFC PPV events like never before with ESPN+ and save over 25%!

Expand Minimize
    Hey Laura, did you see those hot rods I posted earlier?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-29-2019 07:09 PM
    So I'm being lazy and I'm staying with the Mate 20 Pro for the rest of the week. Partly because I got a friend to do a lunch date with on Saturday.

I still want to pair a Q Explorist HR with it eventually. Audio for music sucks but that's OK. Looking forward to really pushing the camera over the summer.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-29-2019 07:11 PM
    I'm surprised we haven't hit 150K posts here yet.
    aximtreo, libra89, N_LaRUE and 1 others like this.
    05-30-2019 07:33 AM
    These days work is an incredible exercise in fitting a square peg into a round hole.
    Last edited by MSFTisMIA; 05-30-2019 at 07:55 PM.
    N_LaRUE, raycpl and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-30-2019 05:03 PM
    My working days are behind me.. It's not easy helping out in the fruit orchard either. It's full-on sweat & elbow grease. None of that technology malacky!!
    Pick up that secateur, or that machete and get swinging under the blistering hot sun..
    05-31-2019 04:27 AM
    I'm surprised we haven't hit 150K posts here yet.
    I'm not surprised. It's been quiet in here more often than not.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    05-31-2019 09:31 AM
    That's unfortunate. The attacker sounds like one of those disgruntled blue collar workers getting washed away in the changing global economy.

He may have a story similar to this guy (parts of it, anyways):

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/27/u...gtype=Homepage

I ranted about this recently too:

https://rumbaradvice.wordpress.com/2...of-patriarchy/

To me, it's this complicated sentiment that breed ground rife for the skin-head stuff to re-emerge under that guise of neo-nationalism that is worrisome.
    Manufacturing jobs have been in decline since before the computer came out. To give a time reference. As automation continues soon there will be only maintenance jobs left. Until they figure out how to get rid of those too.

To give some perspective.

I was working on a 40 billion dollar oil and gas plant. It's completely automated. Unmaned except for twice or three times a day check ups by maintenance staff.

A plant like this in the past would've had hundreds of people working at it.

This is reality. Do I like this reality? Not really. I've yet to see how they will sort out an economy reliant on consumerism when no one can buy anything. I know were not quite there yet but it's heading that way. Rich people can only buy so much...

Of course the idea that we need to buy 'stuff' to keep the economy moving is part of the overall problem here. We no longer have a real tangible economy and I think that's part of the problem. A service only economy doesn't really work.

I'm not a fan of regressive thinking but the future has to be seen differently than it is now. Work needs to change and our materialism needs to be slowed to a trickle.

Unfortunately the rich people don't like those thoughts as it's money out of their pockets but what other choices or power do we as individuals have? The world cannot keep going 'as is' and manufacturing jobs are not sustainable anywhere.

Our world is a mess, the population is too big and the US populace has to stop living large because that's unsustainable. Of course it's all very complicated and doesn't help the traditional 'blue collar' worker or any worker that is under threat of automation or cheap labour. That's why I said things need to change. Change isn't easy and we as humans have gotten really really lazy.

We need a new economic model and new training to provide a decent life for the many and not just the few. That is our only hope but I don' think this will happen any time soon. Sorry to be pessimistic.
    05-31-2019 10:34 AM
    Hey Laura, did you see those hot rods I posted earlier?
    Yes, those are cool.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-31-2019 10:35 AM
    My working days are behind me.. It's not easy helping out in the fruit orchard either. It's full-on sweat & elbow grease. None of that technology malacky!!
    Pick up that secateur, or that machete and get swinging under the blistering hot sun..
    I hear ya brutha. I was a grease monkey in my teens and was foolish enough to think being a plumber would be better. Laying pipe in the South Florida heat is definitely for the young. I’m glad I’m not in either of those rackets now. I get to wear dress slacks and a white shirt now but the sins of my youth still dog me every day. Thank God for drugs (prescription).
    N_LaRUE, raycpl, libra89 and 1 others like this.
    05-31-2019 10:41 AM
    I hear ya brutha. I was a grease monkey in my teens and was foolish enough to think being a plumber would be better. Laying pipe in the South Florida heat is definitely for the young. I’m glad I’m not in either of those rackets now. I get to wear dress slacks and a white shirt now but the sins of my youth still dog me every day. Thank God for drugs (prescription).
    I too bare the wounds of my working youth.

Hearing problems, scars, weak knees (no ops yet), two compressed discs in my neck, etc.

I worked in places with no air conditioning for years. Heavy, noisy work.

I'm glad I left that many years ago now and though I work in an office I can happily wear what I want. Got to love France
    raycpl, libra89 and fatclue_98 like this.
    05-31-2019 11:30 AM
    Yes, those are cool.
    Randomly walked into them. They were out as the town we were in for the wedding had a memorial day parade about to start. There were three more behind them on top of the hill I wasn't able to take pictures of.
    Last edited by MSFTisMIA; 05-31-2019 at 05:44 PM.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    05-31-2019 12:19 PM
    Ramdnomlt walked into them. They were out as the town we were in for the wedding had a memorial day parade about to start. There were three more behind them on top of the hill I wasn't able to take pictures of.
    That was a nice surprise. The pictures look great too.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    05-31-2019 01:05 PM
    I'm working through a cluster**** at work that is grinding my gears. Very disheartening, but I shall soldier on.
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    05-31-2019 05:52 PM
    I was gonna ask if FL allows for la tarjeta de marihuana medicinal, but I remember Rick Scott and Ron DeSantis are elected officials there...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-31-2019 06:25 PM
    I was gonna ask if FL allows for la tarjeta de marihuana medicinal, but I remember Rick Scott and Ron DeSantis are elected officials there...
    Well, the measure passed by more than 60% this past November. Of course the Florida Chapter of the American Tal!ban is up to its usual shenanigans in ignoring the will of the people. They’re trying to make the requirements so ridiculous that it would be almost impossible to get.
    05-31-2019 07:19 PM
    Well, the measure passed by more than 60% this past November. Of course the Florida Chapter of the American Tal!ban is up to its usual shenanigans in ignoring the will of the people. They’re trying to make the requirements so ridiculous that it would be almost impossible to get.
    In other words... No.

Flori-duh. Gotta love it.
    fatclue_98 and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-31-2019 07:38 PM
    The thing I like with LG prototypes is you can flash standard software on it... I speak from the experience of owning a pre production V20 that I had to manually update that ran just fine.

https://www.xda-developers.com/lg-g6...napdragon-835/
    Last edited by MSFTisMIA; 05-31-2019 at 09:59 PM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-31-2019 07:39 PM
    I'd say some days I wonder who Rick Scott works for but I forget with his cluster**** nature he's as American as a Baby Boomer.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-31-2019 07:40 PM
    On the Zenfone 6 hype train. I'd love to get one of my friends back home one. He's got 40 million numbers so as a pure work phone, it's be awesome for him to have a true dual Sim and microSD slot on a big *** battery.

Would I own one personally? Yes. Especially if this was in my uber pack rat days of having only one phone. Would I buy one now? Nope. I would trade my G7+ for one though.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-31-2019 10:46 PM
    On the Zenfone 6 hype train. I'd love to get one of my friends back home one. He's got 40 million numbers so as a pure work phone, it's be awesome for him to have a true dual Sim and microSD slot on a big *** battery.

Would I own one personally? Yes. Especially if this was in my uber pack rat days of having only one phone. Would I buy one now? Nope. I would trade my G7+ for one though.
    My same friend would LOVE these gaming phones - especially the Asus ROG and the Nubia Red Magic 3. If he got the 30th year edition Zenfone 6 with the 12GB RAM +512 GB ROM model, he'd **** a brick and put a G Cam port plus a 512GB card in it. He was an old school ROM flashaholic, so he'd fill that thing up with all sorts of bits.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-31-2019 10:52 PM
    I like that there's little battery anxiety on the Mate 20 Pro. With my current usage I could use it as a daily driver by charging it every two days.

Still a nice phone but with having used it as a daily driver all week, my initial comments remain unchanged.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-31-2019 10:54 PM
    That was a nice surprise. The pictures look great too.
    Thanks. Huawei was doing some nice stuff in the camera dept on Android until Tio Don dragged them into the ******* match with Chairman Xi. Some shots can be a bit too oversharpened, but it's a nice camera to use.
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-31-2019 10:57 PM
    Huawei prices on swappa are in the toilet. That's the biggest reason why I'm not selling mine.

My first choice would have been a Mate RS. While being a semi suped up P20 pro, I just liked a lot of the design elements on that phone more than the Mate 20 Pro. But the Mate has the best spec package overall, especially since it's newer.

I kinda wish I hadn't bought my mate prior to this ****storm as a cheapskate, but I feel it for those trying to sell Huawei phones right now.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-31-2019 11:14 PM
    Looks like an invasion has taken place in Madrid..
    Gonna be a heck of a game

Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-01-2019 10:33 AM
    06-01-2019 01:18 PM
152,172 ... 59285929593059315932 ...