WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Nice try, but the problem is you're thinking the right way.

With all the Lumia zealots around here, the first thing you'd hear is how the Chinese are snooping through your phone, or it isn't as good as a Lumia...

Still, this actually may happen, with all the Xiaomi WP rumors. I'd love to see them port WP 10 to the Mi 5 pro as sell that for $400. Or, convert the Mi Note Pro or Mi 4C. I'd go with the Mi 4C at $300-$350. Now, THAT would move units too...

Posted approved via Moto Maxx

Mi4C is fixed storage at 16GB which is a downside. If they added the SD card slot, NFC and bumped the price up to $275 that would be the one step up to Redmi 3.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
You have a Moto that may or may not even be updated to Marshmallow and you are bugging me about software issues?

Source kernels have been released for my Quark (Moto Maxx), so i can always let the chefs do the work for me, if it doesn't get updated. The current 5.1 ROMs are very nice.

And for the record, it is on the 6.0.1 update list for Moto. Looks like a bug did hit you square in the coconut after all...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Looks like my M8 was delivered... That means I've got an evening project...

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Understood. I just was milking that joke for all its worth, that's all. Some days i really wonder if it's worth it to get a house, but that means i may have to move out of the NYC area to be able to afford one...

That's my preference ever since. A big house doesn't appeal to me since I live alone (plus a dog) and I spend most hours of the day at the office, in my car, or elsewhere. I pay $300 for my current rent and is 3 km from the office.

That condominium purchase was like fart in the wind and I'm almost regretting it.

Last Monday I took delivery of the vehicle that replaced the Impreza.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's my preference ever since. A big house doesn't appeal to me since I live alone (plus a dog) and I spend most hours of the day at the office, in my car, or elsewhere. I pay $300 for my current rent and is 3 km from the office.

That condominium purchase was like fart in the wind and I'm almost regretting it.

Last Monday I took delivery of the vehicle that replaced the Impreza.

That's my thing...ideally, I'd love to own a piece of land and build my house on it. That way the land and the house stays in the family. Pay the land tax off and the government can kiss my *** because the land itself is mine. So I'd build...nothing crazy and prefer it simple.

But i cannot do any of that here in NYC. I'd have to move to Florida or something like that. At this point it isn't practical because there are many loose ends in the Northeast for me to tie up, but it is something to consider. I don't mind the condo route, but i don't even know if i want to stay here permanently.

I don't own a car because I'm in the city so much that driving is counterproductive for me. If i move though, I'll have to get one.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

.71 is having my battery for breakfast and early lunch...

Lol. We'll see how the M8 fares. I wanted a T-Mobile version because i wouldn't mind using it occasionally and giving Android a rest, but they're so hard to find. And at $115 for a very good used model, i couldn't say no to the Verizon variant.

Haven't owned a carrier branded phone in about 2 years now...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Looks like i was correct, sadly.

I really like Windows 10 on the M8 so far. Wish this was a T-Mobile version as I'd actually use it as an occasional daily driver. As always, the M8 feels great in hand...too tall for me, prefer the M7 and the M9's feel in hand. I suppose i have a thing for phones with cameras as the weak spots, but i like the feel of the hardware combo of the M8.

No offense, the S801 is a much, much better chip than the S800. While the 930 didn't lag, this feels pretty slick on the M8. Audio quality is how i like it...really good. Maybe i should put out a WTT ad for a T-Mobile version...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Picked up a pair of Xiaomi Piston 3 headphones. Need a good set of wired ones as the GF lost the eartips for my Marley's in Magic City and i cannot find a suitable replacement...

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Looks like i was correct, sadly.

I really like Windows 10 on the M8 so far. Wish this was a T-Mobile version as I'd actually use it as an occasional daily driver. As always, the M8 feels great in hand...too tall for me, prefer the M7 and the M9's feel in hand. I suppose i have a thing for phones with cameras as the weak spots, but i like the feel of the hardware combo of the M8.

No offense, the S801 is a much, much better chip than the S800. While the 930 didn't lag, this feels pretty slick on the M8. Audio quality is how i like it...really good. Maybe i should put out a WTT ad for a T-Mobile version...

After owning a couple of HTC phones, experience tells me they know how to make good music.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

After owning a couple of HTC phones, experience tells me they know how to make good music.

Yup. The issue I have is the battery is too small. Other than that, it would have been nice to run this as a daily driver on ocassions.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro