(if you've owned an iPhone, you've used an iPod touch).

Well, let us know how it goes. Apple used to be pretty good with audio. Nowadays, I hear they're OK.
    Haha true. Will do if/when I decide to give it a try.

I have to admit that I'm basic on the audio front. I don't know what is great sound. As long as it sounds decent. I'm putting myself down the review rabbit hole now
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-05-2019 09:00 PM
    Haha true. Will do if/when I decide to give it a try.

I have to admit that I'm basic on the audio front. I don't know what is great sound. As long as it sounds decent. I'm putting myself down the review rabbit hole now
    Plug in some decent headphones into a high end LG phone, if you want to start to know about good audio.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-06-2019 07:41 AM
    06-06-2019 07:55 AM
    Interesting. I'm kinda surprised that this didn't happen earlier but the fact that TV is still so high though is shocking. It makes sense though, since life and commuting makes this possible.

Thanks for sharing.
    06-06-2019 08:28 AM
    So I did buy it after all. The idea of paying $300 for the iPod touch is something I couldn't swallow. I think the base should suffice.

I'm looking forward to trying it out as a dedicated device. I would like to do the thing that I was trying to do with the Note 4 but hopefully it will work out better. It sounds like the battery life will be better for sure though.
    06-06-2019 10:29 AM
    Man, I need to get off the hamster wheel that is work. SMH.
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-06-2019 08:12 PM
    It's been a month in, and I'm glad I added the Mate 20 Pro to the stable. My impressions haven't changed much.

It's still a nice phone. Just will never be a fan of curved displays like this one.
    raycpl, libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-06-2019 09:59 PM
    It's been pelting down with raining for four continuous day... it's nice when it no longer feels like I'm in a oven.
    Definitely can use with more cool weather...
    N_LaRUE, libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-07-2019 06:47 AM
    Well, after much lollygagging, finally got the new headphones and tempered glass.

So it's back to the V35 next week. I should have the Q Explorist HR by the end of the month, along with the tools to do the battery swap for the Gear Sport.

I think if those go well, I'll be situated. I'd like to leave the Watch 2 paired with the G7+, the Q Explorist with the Mate 20 Pro, the 10 with the Watch Classic, and the Falster + Gear Sport with the V35. If I add some other collectable, I'd pair the Falster with that instead.
    06-07-2019 05:30 PM
    Looks like 9.0 is slowly rolling out for the G7. I'm almost tempted to try it out. Almost. I'll be more interested when it comes to the v35.
    06-07-2019 09:22 PM
    Well, after much lollygagging, finally got the new headphones and tempered glass.

So it's back to the V35 next week. I should have the Q Explorist HR by the end of the month, along with the tools to do the battery swap for the Gear Sport.

I think if those go well, I'll be situated. I'd like to leave the Watch 2 paired with the G7+, the Q Explorist with the Mate 20 Pro, the 10 with the Watch Classic, and the Falster + Gear Sport with the V35. If I add some other collectable, I'd pair the Falster with that instead.
    This sounds like a plan. I wish you good luck with it.
    06-07-2019 09:36 PM
    Just set up the iPod touch (mostly anyway, but I have to finish logging into the select apps I have downloaded) and the S10e feels big next to it. It makes me think that maybe I should use a popsocket on it because of that feeling. That would probably be better for my hand.

Also I have tried to buy tech or considered it for months now, but couldn't stick or commit. This is the first thing that I didn't feel regret with buying and that says a lot. I also just realized that the separation/dedicated device that I seek can actually be real and I'm looking forward to that.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    06-07-2019 10:27 PM
    I dusted out the Huawei Watch classic. Gonna pair it with the V35 for a while. The battery life ain't great, but it may be a fun time.
    06-08-2019 08:20 AM
    Oh shoot...
    the strap on the Charge2 wasn't as robust as I thought...
    Hope to get some replacements tomorrow.

06-08-2019 10:39 AM
    Oh shoot...
    the strap on the Charge2 wasn't as robust as I thought...
    Hope to get some replacements tomorrow.

[IMG=1008x567]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190608/036bf9fc1ff091878d9ad614432b83ce.jpg[/url]
    You sure the ghost of Mikey the kitten isn't the culprit?

For my Alta HR, I've got metal, milanese loops and regular rubber straps for replacements.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-08-2019 10:43 AM
    While there are lots of things I quibble about with the Mate 20 Pro, one thing I don't is the battery life. I really wish LG did a better job of optimizing their software and their displays to improve the battery life. Hardware wise, they have good components, but their software optimization always annoys the F outta me.

I don't mind small batteries in a phone if the display and software are tweaked accordingly. Which is why I'm sad Sony decided lazy year was the one to axe the 3.5mm. I'd have loved a XZ2 or especially an XZ3 with a 3.5mm.

It's one of the reasons why as much as I like the size of the G8, I'd still pick the V50 between those two if I were getting a 2019 LG offering.
    06-08-2019 10:48 AM
    Rue, I like what I see...except for the dimensions of the phone and the lack of Qi, of course. I'd love to see an IDFPS here for this larger model and a side mounted reader for a smaller unit.

https://m.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_1-review-1941.php
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-08-2019 10:51 AM
    Looks like 9.0 is slowly rolling out for the G7. I'm almost tempted to try it out. Almost. I'll be more interested when it comes to the v35.
    I tried and got the April 2019 patch, with Android 8.0. Progress!?
    libra89 likes this.
    06-08-2019 10:56 AM
    Still have that new device itch. Guess that'll always be the enthusiast's DNA. Or maybe it is the search for what I want as balance.

If I was in a slightly different place, that Zenfone 6 has some serious chops to be the daily driver. Two SIMs and SD with a decent jack? Yes please. Doubt I'd use the camera though.

Maybe I get a Mix 3 and swap out the V35. It would have to be that jade green 256GB model though. Not feeling 128 and certainly not 64GB fixed storage. I'd keep the G7+ to handle audio duties. Plus if I have to deal with #dingleberrylife , Xiaomi's audio is at the top of the list for adapters.

Doubt I'll do it, but never say never. Would love to try the 9 Purview and the XZ3 of course.

The ideas can be endless, but the cash at hand isn't.
    06-08-2019 12:14 PM
    Thanks for all the the lurkers who have peeked on the blog and sent in ideas. Feel free to keep them coming.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-08-2019 01:26 PM
    It's been amazing to look back and see all the devices I've used and think about how the industry has grown over the last 15+ years. I'm curious to see where the industry will go, but are concerned about quite a few issues.
    06-08-2019 06:34 PM
    It's been amazing to look back and see all the devices I've used and think about how the industry has grown over the last 15+ years. I'm curious to see where the industry will go, but are concerned about quite a few issues.
    I'm amazed that you remember all of them really but I can just picture that you have seen a lot.
    06-08-2019 09:41 PM
    Trying to figure out my balance with some things. I feel like I dropped the ball with some goals and began others that I wanted to do this year. It's not over though, I'll work to catch up. This month is a pricey one for me but I'll be having a nice experience.
    06-08-2019 10:07 PM
    You sure the ghost of Mikey the kitten isn't the culprit?

For my Alta HR, I've got metal, milanese loops and regular rubber straps for replacements.
    Haha.... May he rest in peace, poor lil fella . I still hear the sounds of kittens outside & around the house. It's not the the spirit of Mickey but his mom has been 'active' again.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-09-2019 01:42 AM
    Rue, I like what I see...except for the dimensions of the phone and the lack of Qi, of course. I'd love to see an IDFPS here for this larger model and a side mounted reader for a smaller unit.

https://m.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_1-review-1941.php
    I'm surprised. GSM Arena typically trashes Sony.

From what I've seen on videos and other reviews. Though it's a tall thin phone it feels really good in hand. Feels more natural. Going by my very brief time with the X10 they do feel very nice.

I'm thinking this is the start of this format though. I wouldn't be surprised if more phones come out this size.

I find it amusing that more and more reviews give cons to not having a 3.5mm jack when I'm sure it was them who made a big thing about having it... Can't win I guess.

Maybe the bullying will work eventually...

In any case I'd like to get the X1 but I'm not going to drop that kind of cash on one. Also the small battery does bother me. I'm not bothered by lack of Qi though.

I'd rather wait for the next revision.

Still thinking the XZ3 is a strong possibility. I just can't think of anything else I like currently and I do need a new phone.

I'm just waiting for the X1 release here so the XZ3 drops a bit more. It's almost at the price I want.
    06-09-2019 02:45 AM
149,447 ... 59335934593559365937 ...