WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

safety level 3 is correct. Its very hard yo work with tb. Generation times are anywhere from 18-30 hours. And if an experiment doesn't work, its a week down the drain.

Its difficult to change perceptions that people have about tb, so publishing is difficult. If there are results that people do not expect, they just reject it.

I can only imagine.

I applied for a PhD position in a lab that works under safety 3 conditions, but with Brucella. This lab is shared with a tuberculosis group. However I then took another offer and now I'm working with the most harmless bacterium imaginable, Caulobacter ;-)

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site

I can only imagine.

I applied for a PhD position in a lab that works under safety 3 conditions, but with Brucella. This lab is shared with a tuberculosis group. However I then took another offer and now I'm working with the most harmless bacterium imaginable, Caulobacter ;-)

that's nice.

Brucella is scary. As for TB, its been found that lab workers have the lowest incidence of TB, because of all the precautions in place in the lab. Still, one can't be complacent.

I better find someone to help me with my netbook, or this presentation won't be done on the weekend :-(

See you later.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I will now find a freind who has win XP.

Thank you so much anyway. :)

You're welcome. Sorry I couldn't help more.

Personally I would recommend getting a portable USB CD/DVD drive and borrowing the Xp CD from your friend. That's the easiest way to do things. I don't think they're that expensive these days. Where do you live? Having the portable drive can come in handy too.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

A rather late good morning from me - Got to love the randomness of this thread - IT support and biology discussion on the same page.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

A rather late good morning from me - Got to love the randomness of this thread - IT support and biology discussion on the same page.

I just realized today is Friday. And I think I don't have to go to the lab this weekend, mostly because I can't really work at Monday due to seminars and meetings.

Isn't that all great?

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I just realized today is Friday. And I think I don't have to go to the lab this weekend, mostly because I can't really work at Monday due to seminars and meetings.

Isn't that all great?

So what will you do with your free weekend??

Its my little girls 4th birthday on Monday so having a party for her with my family this weekend.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Its my little girls 4th birthday on Monday so having a party for her with my family this weekend.

Very nice, I hope there will be a lot of cake :)

I'll see a play tonight, and Saturday evening a colleague organizes a dinner. Apart from that I don't have plans. I still might visit my mother at Sunday, but I don't really plan to do it.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Very nice, I hope there will be a lot of cake :)

I'll see a play tonight, and Saturday evening a colleague organizes a dinner. Apart from that I don't have plans. I still might visit my mother at Sunday, but I don't really plan to do it.

Indeed there will be - but it will be very pink. My girlfriend is making it, jam sponge with pink icing, pink edible glitter, mini marshmallows and popping candy

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So I put a picture in for the Glance Background thingy. Probably won't win anything but thought I'd throw something in anyway.

Shinigami910

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

There is a cake making contest at work today. So there are lots of cakes in the office which im hoping to eat at lunch time :)

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

So I put a picture in for the Glance Background thingy. Probably won't win anything but thought I'd throw something in anyway.

Me too - that's a good picture you put up - its kinda like the regional variant of the NY with yellow taxi cab picture from Nokia

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Me too - that's a good picture you put up - its kinda like the regional variant of the NY with yellow taxi cab picture from Nokia

Thanks. I took that with my N8 a while back and did the red bus with black & white in photoshop. I can't wait for GDR3 to have the notifications on Glance. That's one thing I miss from Symbian. My wife will be very happy to have that back too. LOL!

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Thanks. I took that with my N8 a while back and did the red bus with black & white in photoshop. I can't wait for GDR3 to have the notifications on Glance. That's one thing I miss from Symbian. My wife will be very happy to have that back too. LOL!

And now photoshop isn't needed to make the same effect. Got to love nokia for adding all those photography magic apps. Yes saw the video for those glance notifications yesterday and now I too am hoping they push those through with GDR3

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I want to go try it again with my Lumia with Smart Cam and see if I can wipe the people out. :) That would be cool.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3