It's been nice to pull out the OG Huawei Watch. They really designed this thing well back in the day.

The weaknesses still are glaring - the charging system and the lack of ambient light sensor for adaptive brightness. But it's been nice to use.
    My wrist thankfully allows me to wear all sorts of watches and still looks decent. I like slightly bigger style watches, but never the super huge ones.

It's why the Huawei OG, Moto 360 OG, Moto 360 42mm, Gear Sport, Huawei Watch 2, LG Watch R, Sony Smart watch 3, Q Explorist 3, Falster OG have been ones I've liked using. Analog wise I still have an Eco Drive which is the smallest watch I own (and don't wear that much).

On the flip side, the Watch Active, LG Watch style were just too small, as small as my Eco Drive. One of these days, I'll take some pictures with stuff on my current watches to illustrate the point.

I was debating recently on adding a Q Explorist HR to the mix. I I may pivot and add a Gear S3 Classic instead. I want to see if I can fix the Gear sport first before I do so. I still prefer Android Wear (Wear OS) vs Tizen (One UI), but I really like the rotating bezel.

For me, the biggest issue with wearables especially Wear OS is that you cannot pair one watch to multiple phones. That's why I now just pair phones to watches and use them in concert. With how wearable are going, their resale value isn't great either. So it makes sense to just keep the ones I like.
    Last edited by MSFTisMIA; 06-15-2019 at 10:34 AM.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-15-2019 10:13 AM
    My wrist thankfully allows me to wear all sorts of watches and still looks decent. I like slightly bigger style watches, but never the super huge ones.

It's why the Huawei OG, Moto 360 OG, Moto 360 42mm, Gear Sport, Huawei Watch 2, LG Watch R, Sony Smart watch 3, Q Explorist 3, Falster OG have been ones I've liked using. Analog wise I still have an Eco Drive which is the smallest watch I own (and don't wear that much).

On the flip side, the Watch Active, LG Watch style were just too small, as small as my Eco Drive. One of these days, I'll take some pictures with stuff on my current watches to illustrate the point.

I was debating recently on adding a Q Explorist HR to the mix. I I may pivot and add a Gear S3 Classic instead. I want to see if I can fix the Gear sport first before I do so. I still prefer Android Wear (Wear OS) vs Tizen (One UI), but I really like the rotating bezel.

For me, the biggest issue with wearables especially Wear OS is that you cannot pair one watch to multiple phones. That's why I now just pair phones to watches and use them in concert. With how wearable are going, their resale value isn't great either. So it makes sense to just keep the ones I like.
    For the reason of the poor resale value, I've bought most of my watches mint. The only ones I bought new outright were the G watch OG, Sony Smartwatch 3 and (maybe) the G Watch R. Even those I never bought at launch, always on sale. Most I was able to flip at the height of the wearable curiosity. Now I buy only what I will keep.
    06-15-2019 10:53 AM
    For the reason of the poor resale value, I've bought most of my watches mint. The only ones I bought new outright were the G watch OG, Sony Smartwatch 3 and (maybe) the G Watch R. Even those I never bought at launch, always on sale. Most I was able to flip at the height of the wearable curiosity. Now I buy only what I will keep.
    This sounds like a great strategy. At least you get to use them here and there.
    06-15-2019 11:01 AM
    At this point, I'm fine with what I have. The only thing I'd move is the G7+. I could move the V35 under another scenario but it is likely to stay. The only things I'd add are any one of these: Mix 3 (5G)/XZ3/ 9 Pureview. As a wildcard, if the keyboard wasn't as cramped, the Key2 would be on the list.

I may make a few moves, but I doubt I'll add anything significant this year. The Mate 20 Pro has filled its spot nicely, my gripes with it and all. I plan to keep a HTC and the 950 XL for nostalgia, an LG for audio and manual video, the Mate for stills and video backup duties. I'd love a daily for battery and performance, but I'm not fully chasing another compromised experience.
    06-15-2019 11:29 AM
    This sounds like a great strategy. At least you get to use them here and there.
    Yup. These smartatches are for design, really. I like the Watch 2 because I could use it functionally. I want a Gear Sport for the same reason, but with the added ability when I put on a better strap it looks more dressed up. I'm hopeful to do the battery swap to fix the issues the one I have currently is experiencing.

I wish Fossil made a regular gold Q Explorist HR though. That would have been great as I don't have a gold watch. I can get a Q Explorist Gen 3, but would rather not. I can go the rose gold route again, but I wanted a traditional gold. We will see.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-15-2019 11:33 AM
    At this point, I'm fine with what I have. The only thing I'd move is the G7+. I could move the V35 under another scenario but it is likely to stay. The only things I'd add are any one of these: Mix 3 (5G)/XZ3/ 9 Pureview. As a wildcard, if the keyboard wasn't as cramped, the Key2 would be on the list.

I may make a few moves, but I doubt I'll add anything significant this year. The Mate 20 Pro has filled its spot nicely, my gripes with it and all. I plan to keep a HTC and the 950 XL for nostalgia, an LG for audio and manual video, the Mate for stills and video backup duties. I'd love a daily for battery and performance, but I'm not fully chasing another compromised experience.
    I can get this. To me, it seems like you tried some that were decent phones but you had to compromise with something significant. It seems like you have the best options for your use case at the moment.
    06-15-2019 11:49 AM
    I can get this. To me, it seems like you tried some that were decent phones but you had to compromise with something significant. It seems like you have the best options for your use case at the moment.
    I'm thinking about maybe some app development. If that thought gains traction, I'll grab back Andy's phone or a Pixel 3. If I had a different setup, I would have added an iPod touch too. But I need to survey the landscape first. I was going do this on the 10, but I'll leave that on the t-mobile stock 7.0 software. Lol.
    Last edited by MSFTisMIA; 06-15-2019 at 01:16 PM.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-15-2019 12:43 PM
    My take on software remains unchanged - I'd prefer getting routine security patches over major versions if dealing with a skinned OEM. If LG went to bi monthly patches, they'd be in much better shape.
    06-15-2019 12:45 PM
    Roasting some asparagus (pink salt + cumin + smoked paprika) and red skin (parsley + turmeric + seasoned salt + black pepper + a kiss of cayenne + paprika + cumin blend) potatoes today.

Finally bought a cooling rack + slip mat combo. Need to step the game up, I suppose.
    N_LaRUE, Laura Knotek and raycpl like this.
    06-15-2019 03:15 PM
    Ok Xperia 1 bought. Just waiting now.
    06-15-2019 03:47 PM
    Have to admit to being a bit excited.
    06-15-2019 03:49 PM
    Roasting some asparagus (pink salt + cumin + smoked paprika) and red skin (parsley + turmeric + seasoned salt + black pepper + a kiss of cayenne + paprika + cumin blend) potatoes today.

Finally bought a cooling rack + slip mat combo. Need to step the game up, I suppose.
    Since I was bored... G Cam ports. First two regular, second two with Night sight...img_20190615_171247.jpegimg_20190615_171403.jpegimg_20190615_171304.jpegimg_20190615_171333.jpeg
    06-15-2019 04:17 PM

Finally, LG. First two are wide angle and the last two are regular with AI mode. 20190615_171450.jpeg20190615_171508.jpeg20190615_171530.jpeg20190615_171516.jpeg
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    06-15-2019 04:19 PM
    Have to admit to being a bit excited.
    Well, you know the drill... Mini review.

Do you use tempered glass and cases on your device?
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    06-15-2019 04:20 PM

Normally I put the olive oil on the asparagus. I decided to go without it this time. Interesting taste. I was in the store today as saw a spray bottle for oil. I thought to myself, "when would I ever use that?"

As I was prepping the potatoes and asparagus, the bottle popped into my head and I thought "I could have used that bottle now."

SMH. It's all good. It'll go with a grilled steak I did. The GF plans to eat it with black beans.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-15-2019 04:23 PM
    Hey Laura,

Wow! That's awesome.
    MSFTisMIA, raycpl and aximtreo like this.
    06-15-2019 04:29 PM
    Ok Xperia 1 bought. Just waiting now.
    Congrats! How does it feel? I can't remember if I was here when you got your current phone. No really, I can't, so I'll be looking forward to your impressions and thoughts on it.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-15-2019 04:57 PM
    Congrats! How does it feel? I can't remember if I was here when you got your current phone. No really, I can't, so I'll be looking forward to your impressions and thoughts on it.
    Think he went from a Lumia 920 to a Xperia Z3 to a XZS to now a X 1. I'm curious to see his landscape shots, as he has a very good eye.
    Laura Knotek, N_LaRUE and libra89 like this.
    06-15-2019 11:41 PM
    Wow! That's awesome.
    Harry's garage ain't no joke. It almost makes me want to go to Italy.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-15-2019 11:41 PM
    Think he went from a Lumia 920 to a Xperia Z3 to a XZS to now a X 1. I'm curious to see his landscape shots, as he has a very good eye.
    You're almost right. I currently have an XZ.

I've had it for over two year's now.

I'm looking forward to having the triple cameras.

Still not sure about the size but I'm sure I'll be fine.
    aximtreo, libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-16-2019 03:55 AM

I'm going to find a nice clear case for it. Not sure about tempered glass though. Had a bad experience getting it for the XZ and I've been fine without it so possibly not.
    06-16-2019 03:58 AM

It might be a bit of time before the review. We have visitors coming Wednesday and I'll probably have it either that day or the next.
    06-16-2019 04:00 AM
    Unfortunately all of the Nokia's with decent cameras are too big. The Nokia 8 sirocco is the only one that isn't.

It sounds like she'll have to choose the one that bothers her the least because you shared all of the options with her. Everything else is really tall.

If it helps, Samsung has changed things with One UI. It's really good. It's much better than what used to be.

If she never takes any photos in low light, the zx2c should be okay. For me, I had to download open camera for better results.
    She's come to the conclusion she'll need a bit larger phone but will be happy to wait until the next Nokia flagship. She was interested in the 9 but doesn't like the issues with it. Lack of expandable storage was strange as well.

She may pick up the XZ2C as an intermediate.

As she put it. Her current phone XZ1 takes nice photos. Half the time it's the person who has no skill that takes a bad shot regardless how good their camera is.

We watched a lot of reviews these last few days. The Pixel interested her but not enough.

There's also the possibility of the smaller Xperia 1. Depends on how big it is

So we'll see.
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 06-16-2019 at 04:36 AM.
    raycpl, libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-16-2019 04:06 AM
    You're almost right. I currently have an XZ.

I've had it for over two year's now.

I'm looking forward to having the triple cameras.

Still not sure about the size but I'm sure I'll be fine.
    I'm sure you'll adjust. With these phones going up in weird sizes, I use wearables...but you know what my thoughts are there (see above).
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-16-2019 08:08 AM
    It might be a bit of time before the review. We have visitors coming Wednesday and I'll probably have it either that day or the next.
    Take your time. Would rather you break in the camera first before you start the review.
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-16-2019 08:09 AM
149,373 ... 59395940594159425943 ...