WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Hey Laura, how long have you had your Moto X 2015? Can we harass you to do a follow up mini-review?

Posted approved via Moto Maxx
I've had it for about 4 1/2 months now. The only differences are the battery lasts longer with Doze in Marshmallow, and the Moto Camera app got updated and focuses better now. Volume settings are more easily configurable, due to Marshmallow as well.

I really don't use Google Now On Tap.

I don't use Adoptable Storage, since I have the 64GB version, so there aren't any differences with my microSD card. I still use it as external storage.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Even if the oneplustwo doesn't have nfc and the correct bands for the us ?

Dual SIM, better processor, more RAM, slightly better camera with OIS and runs its software a bit better. Because you're getting H+, battery life it a bit better too, and it has the better fingerprint scanner.

Yup, comparable.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I've had it for about 4 1/2 months now. The only differences are the battery lasts longer with Doze in Marshmallow, and the Moto Camera app got updated and focuses better now. Volume settings are more easily configurable, due to Marshmallow as well.

I really don't use Google Now On Tap.

I don't use Adoptable Storage, since I have the 64GB version, so there aren't any differences with my microSD card. I still use it as external storage.

Cool. I know if Moto updates my Quark (AKA the Moto Maxx), the battery should be better and that alone is worth it. I want to get my 2.5 days of usage comfortably, possibly 3 with lighter usage.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Dual SIM, better processor, more RAM, slightly better camera with OIS and runs its software a bit better. Because you're getting H+, battery life it a bit better too, and it has the better fingerprint scanner.

Yup, comparable.

In my case, lack of NFC is a deal breaker, since I use Android Pay.

I wouldn't use a fingerprint scanner, since law enforcement cannot get access to a device without a warrant if it is locked with a PIN, but they can get access to a device locked with a fingerprint without a warrant.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

In my case, lack of NFC is a deal breaker, since I use Android Pay.

I wouldn't use a fingerprint scanner, since law enforcement cannot get access to a device without a warrant if it is locked with a PIN, but they can get access to a device locked with a fingerprint without a warrant.

If fingerprint scanners become more pervasive across OEMs, this law will get modified to treat the scanners the same way as the PINs currently...

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

If fingerprint scanners become more pervasive across OEMs, this law will get modified to treat the scanners the same way as the PINs currently...

I agree, but I wouldn't count on it happening anytime soon with the way our government works (or doesn't work). :unhappy:

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

So T-Mobile plans to sell another cheap Windows phone. Guess when the 5 people bought their 925 and 10 people bought their M8, they decided enough was enough. Wonder if they pushed updates to slew of 521s and the other cheap models they sold?

This is why i cannot use a US carrier branded model for a daily driver...especially from T-Mobile. They just do a ****ty job with updates. At least Verizon has their M8 running the latest 8.1 firmware.

99, if you're using a carrier branded model, what was the last official version your 640 is on?

I have 8.1 Update 2 on my AT&T branded 640 which I use on TMO.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Yup, comparable.

I love Android Pay so NFC is a big downside for me and the camera on the 5X can hold its own without the OIS. Also OP has been terrible about providing software updates. So all in all it's a wash...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I love Android Pay so NFC is a big downside for me and the camera on the 5X can hold its own without the OIS. Also OP has been terrible about providing software updates. So all in all it's a wash...

Which makes neither an appealing buy at Brand new prices...exactly my point. Under $300, these are worth a look. Over $300, they're a waste of time...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Which makes neither an appealing buy at Brand new prices...exactly my point. Under $300, these are worth a look. Over $300, they're a waste of time...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
Having used the OPO and OPX, I would still put my $ on the Google device as I still think the N5 and N7 are both still relevant.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I want to try out a new WP but MSFT needs to clean up their act on the OS and hopefully we'll get some good devices if the VAIO and NuAns phones are any indication.

suryakumar1

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site

I'm seeing a fuuny.. LOL!!!!!!How Senseless This Guy!!! Smoking Kills a man By
Ha Ha:grin::grin:
facebookcom/Latestonecom/videos

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I'll have a review of a device I've had for awhile but didn't have time to post about very soon.

It'll be on Connectedly, but I'll share a link here. 😊

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Having used the OPO and OPX, I would still put my $ on the Google device as I still think the N5 and N7 are both still relevant.

I don't know why the 5X should be given a pass for its performance issues becuase it's a Nexus. I'm talking about performance, not relevance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb