What a horrible day I'm having at work mostly software related.

I never had AutoCAD run this slow in my entire career using it.

I can only assume it has something to do with the lock-down nature of the computers here. Never experienced anything like this.

I could drive home and back by the time a single operation is complete... it feels that way anyway.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-16-2019 09:34 AM
    What a horrible day I'm having at work mostly software related.

I never had AutoCAD run this slow in my entire career using it.

I can only assume it has something to do with the lock-down nature of the computers here. Never experienced anything like this.

I could drive home and back by the time a single operation is complete... it feels that way anyway.
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-16-2019 10:15 AM
    Not bad. I've seen some good computer rage videos in past.

It was a bit like that today but such is life I need to look at some adjustments to AutoCAD to hopefully speed it up.

I bought the files I'm working on to do some diagnostics in them. Something I can't do at work. So annoying.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-16-2019 11:49 AM
    So Dump is showing his true colours again. Surprise.

Some think it's a distraction from the Epstien case but I think it's to get his base going for 2020... Scary thought that.

Even if it comes out that Dump did mess with young girls and it's proven his rabid base won't care one bit.

The hope is that there are some who won't be able to stomach it but that's of course if Faux News covers any of it.

That's where we are in politics in the USA today folks.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-16-2019 12:03 PM
    So Dump is showing his true colours again. Surprise.

Some think it's a distraction from the Epstien case but I think it's to get his base going for 2020... Scary thought that.

Even if it comes out that Dump did mess with young girls and it's proven his rabid base won't care one bit.

The hope is that there are some who won't be able to stomach it but that's of course if Faux News covers any of it.

That's where we are in politics in the USA today folks.
    https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/07/16/p...eet/index.html
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-16-2019 03:02 PM
    That is so Sony. 20190716_165434_hdr.jpeg20190716_165459.jpeg
    libra89, Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    07-16-2019 04:09 PM
    That is so Sony. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190716_165434_HDR.jpeg 
Views:	5 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	141046Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190716_165459.jpeg 
Views:	6 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	141047
    Sony Xperia T (Tall)?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-16-2019 04:35 PM
    Sony Xperia T (Tall)?
    That's the new Xperia 1. You missed the most Sony part of the picture though.

(I liked the old Xperia T. Almost got one.)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-16-2019 04:53 PM
    That is so Sony. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190716_165434_HDR.jpeg 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	141046Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190716_165459.jpeg 
Views:	6 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	141047
    I see why you say that! lol
    07-16-2019 05:22 PM
    I see why you say that! lol
    I'm used to that from Sony. The Z2 was in this bracket, maybe a little bit lower back in the days.
    07-16-2019 06:36 PM
    While I kvetch about lots of stuff with the Mate 20 Pro, I like how Huawei handles transition between each of the three lenses. Not a fan of what Sony did for the X 1, although I can understand why pairing up the main and telephoto can make sense.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-16-2019 06:38 PM
    I like the screen and hand feel of the X 1. Would be curious to see how a smaller version (X 2) would be. Didn't think the Xperia 10(10+) were that unwieldy.
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    07-16-2019 07:06 PM
    Shout out to all the (more well known) old school Android skins:

Samsung - Touch Wiz
    HTC - Sense
    Moto - Motoblur
    Sony - Timescape UI
    Xiaomi - MIUI
    LG - Optimus UI
    Huawei - EMUI

Oh yeah, Xiaomi been around THAT long. I could have flashed MIUI on Nexus devices...galaxy nexus, that is. So has been Huawei, but Xioami's skin was always a bit more developer/enthusiast friendly.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-16-2019 09:14 PM
    Shout out to all the (more well known) old school Android skins:

Samsung - Touch Wiz
    HTC - Sense
    Moto - Motoblur
    Sony - Timescape UI
    Xiaomi - MIUI
    LG - Optimus UI
    Huawei - EMUI

Oh yeah, Xiaomi been around THAT long. I could have flashed MIUI on Nexus devices...galaxy nexus, that is. So has been Huawei, but Xioami's skin was always a bit more developer/enthusiast friendly.
    I hated Motoblur with a passion. I was happy when they ditched it and went with almost stock Android.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-16-2019 09:40 PM
    That's the new Xperia 1. You missed the most Sony part of the picture though.

(I liked the old Xperia T. Almost got one.)
    It was a good deal when it came with the headphones.

I totally agree the price is ridiculous.

I do like the phone though...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-16-2019 11:28 PM
    While I kvetch about lots of stuff with the Mate 20 Pro, I like how Huawei handles transition between each of the three lenses. Not a fan of what Sony did for the X 1, although I can understand why pairing up the main and telephoto can make sense.
    What does Huawei do differently as I haven't looked into it.

I'm not a fan of the button on the live screen personally. Since I've increased the size is not too bad but it is a touch slow going between lens.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-16-2019 11:31 PM
    This is part of my drive home. I took this when out for a walk with my wife.

It's pretty hilly where we're living so it's good exercise.

I had to make some edits.dsc_0334-02.jpg
    MSFTisMIA, raycpl and libra89 like this.
    07-17-2019 06:04 AM
    What does Huawei do differently as I haven't looked into it.

I'm not a fan of the button on the live screen personally. Since I've increased the size is not too bad but it is a touch slow going between lens.
    I'll post pictures later. Their app is a little cluttered for my taste, but in terms of the lens transitions, I like the options.

Zooming in and out changes the lens. Also, there are 4 dots to the side you can tap on for the desired lens: wide, 1x (main), 3x and 5x (telephoto).
    07-17-2019 07:00 AM
    It was a good deal when it came with the headphones.

I totally agree the price is ridiculous.

I do like the phone though...
    I like it too. I can use it one handed as it fits really nicely in my hand. I would have put the power button to the left, but that's me.

Still needed a 3.5mm, but that's me. It's not as commuter friendly (for mine at least).

Still, I really liked the XZ2/XZ3 design of last year. It wasn't as standout visually, but in hand, I liked it better than most of the competition.
    Last edited by MSFTisMIA; 07-17-2019 at 07:40 AM.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-17-2019 07:11 AM
    This is part of my drive home. I took this when out for a walk with my wife.

It's pretty hilly where we're living so it's good exercise.

I had to make some edits.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0334-02.jpg 
Size:	206.1 KB 
ID:	141048
    Hey!! That looks quite similar...
    (road up to the farm, although mine is only partially completed)
    N_LaRUE and libra89 like this.
    07-17-2019 07:27 AM
    I'll post pictures later. Their app is a little cluttered for my taste, but in terms of the lens transitions, I like the options.

Zooming in and out changes the lens. Also, there are 4 dots to the side you can tap on for the desired lens: wide, 1x (main), 3x and 5x (telephoto).
    I just checked. The zoom (using the volume rocker) does go from 1X to 2X in steps then switching lens. The wide is still an option when doing this as well. There's no 5X zoom lens but it does zoom in that far.

Though I'm not a fan of the onscreen button I've gotten used it.
    07-17-2019 07:36 AM
    I like it too. I can use it one handed as it fits really nicely in my hand. I would have put the power button to the left, but that's me.

Still needed a 3.5mm, but that's me. It's not as commuter friendly (for mine at least).

Atill, I really liked the XZ2/XZ3 design of last year. It wasn't as standout visually, but in hand, I liked it better than most of the competition.
    I wish they would have figured out a way to keep the fingerprint and power button together personally...

The 3.5mm thing is going to be an issue. I don't know why they got rid of it.

I did like the XZ3 and was planning that as my next phone but this became a real option for me so I thought why not go new? I've never done this before.
    07-17-2019 07:40 AM
    Hey!! That looks quite similar...
    (road up to the farm, although mine is only partially completed)
    [IMG=567x1008]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190717/60b8f0aed1a830e08b6c8f3cc5bf41fa.jpg[/url]
    There's probably roads like this all over the world. I went on some interesting "roads" in Australia. Is yours a driveway or road? This is an actual road. This is a small section of it. It's about a kilometer or so long.
    libra89 likes this.
    07-17-2019 07:43 AM
    I wish they would have figured out a way to keep the fingerprint and power button together personally...

The 3.5mm thing is going to be an issue. I don't know why they got rid of it.

I did like the XZ3 and was planning that as my next phone but this became a real option for me so I thought why not go new? I've never done this before.
    I don't blame you for going new when given the chance. Sometimes you have to take the plunge.

There is still a part of me that's tempted to get an XZ3. As much as I had certain gripes, I did like the XZ2. I just felt that LG was offering a bit more in the G7/V35 to what I wanted.
    07-17-2019 02:43 PM
    With how hot this week has been, I have been so tempted to get a frozen or cold drink but since I had one on Sunday, I'm holding strong. Now I have to get through the rest of the week and weekend. My smoothie is a given so I'm not counting that.

Lately, I have seen how "little" purchases can add up and it's shocking.
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    07-17-2019 04:19 PM
151,109 ... 59735974597559765977 ...