WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

You don't have to! Just play the bass lines on the keyboard. And then do Geddys keyboard parts ;)
I could probably use the bass pedals for the bass lines. That's what Geddy does when he plays keyboard. I know bass pedals, since I was an electric organ player back in the day.

Moog makes the Taurus pedals.Geddy Lee on the Taurus | Moog Music Inc

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Speaking of organs, I always wanted to play a pipe organ. I knew a guy who repaired and installed pipe organs. He said he'd take me to a church when no services were happening, so I could try out a pipe organ. Unfortunately, he moved out of state.

Playing a pipe organ is something that would require assistance from someone who knows about how they work. Playing too loudly literally could damage the structure of the building.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Speaking of organs, I always wanted to play a pipe organ. I knew a guy who repaired and installed pipe organs. He said he'd take me to a church when no services were happening, so I could try out a pipe organ. Unfortunately, he moved out of state.

Playing a pipe organ is something that would require assistance from someone who knows about how they work. Playing too loudly literally could damage the structure of the building.
Ooh I've always wanted to have a seat in front of one of those as well! Like the one in London that Hans Zimmer used to record the Interstellar soundtrack on.

Last edited:

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

There's actually some really good pipe organ apps for iOS that simulate that sound very well. I have a couple of the free (demo) ones that have some of the features neutered. They're rather expensive... Like $79 for one for example!

Napo

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Here's some of the best Synth apps (in my opinion) for iOS. Most of these are available for iPad only. I've racked up probably over $100 in synth apps alone...

Arturia iMini - $4.99
Arturia iSEM - $9.99
Propellerhead's THOR - $14.99
Yonac's Magellan - $14.99
Moog AniMoog - $29.99
Korg iM1 - $29.99

That's just naming a few that I've purchased. If you have to pick one, I'd definitely recommend Propellerhead's THOR synth... it's an amazing synthesizer! I mean you will get lost for hours!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. A quiet rainy day here in the NYC metro area. I'm doing some laundry before I head over to the GF.

It's girls night out as the GF is going to hang out with one of her good friends. Looks like it's the couch and Hulu + Netflix + homemade turkey burgers and homemade sweet potato fries for me...

G4 Approved

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. A quiet rainy day here in the NYC metro area. I'm doing some laundry before I head over to the GF.

It's girls night out as the GF is going to hang out with one of her good friends. Looks like it's the couch and Hulu + Netflix + homemade turkey burgers and homemade sweet potato fries for me...

G4 Approved

Mornin.. Yeah, we're having some T-storms down this way this morning.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

So far 24 hours with my band and I gotta say it's an upgrade to my OG band. The screen is awesome. I dig the smart alarm becuse it works ! I don't feel sleepy in the mornings. Watch mode is pretty cool since I don't have to take out my phone. I'll leave battery life out since it's only been a day. I'm looking forward to use it on Monday !

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Beautiful spring day in SoCal...
And yes that is taken by a $30 device...

Attachments

• WP_20160402_11_43_55_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160402_11_43_55_Pro.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 7

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Gotten clearer and warmer now in these parts. A nice way to finish the day in light of how tomorrow and Monday may look (wet and messy)...

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So far 24 hours with my band and I gotta say it's an upgrade to my OG band. The screen is awesome. I dig the smart alarm becuse it works ! I don't feel sleepy in the mornings. Watch mode is pretty cool since I don't have to take out my phone. I'll leave battery life out since it's only been a day. I'm looking forward to use it on Monday !

Glad you like the Band 2. If I didn't have too many wear watches, I'd have gotten one for my M8...

G4 Approved

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

WHOAAA I just remembered... I've been sitting around the house all day today, while Gamestop is currently giving away limited DOOM multiplayer BETA invite codes! BRB!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers