WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Standby times with modern OSes are tricky, and not reliable in most cases. Having owned a 1520 for around 5 months, standby times on 8.1 were fairly decent. It boils down to how well the software was optimized for the hardware. I get great standby time for the G4 with Doze on Android 6.0.1, but when I really use the phone, the QHD display eats through the battery like hell. Same with the M8 on Windows 10, which uses a smaller battery. Bugs are always a problem...my Maxx on 5.0.2 which has a nasty battery bug which mitigates the strength of the 3900mah battery.

People knock Qualcomm on their chips but it is always about comparison between chips with the right code that's helpful. Windows 10 isn't as light as Windows 8.1 anymore, so optimization counts.

G4 Approved

On my 830 the standby time is better with Windows 10. Over night when I had 8.1 it would be at 90% from a full change. With win10 it's drops to 94/95% from a full charge. The only thing that changed is that I use a lot more apps now on 10 then I did on 8.1

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The ignore filter needs serious work on this forum. Honestly. If I don't want to read what some person said why do you think I want to see their quoted posts? :/

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Don't know why but I wasn't able to quote you MIA.

Don't know the expression you folks use for this, but in my country we say I'm taking my hat off for that. Everything I wanted to say was said. I saw this coming at least a week ago, even commented one of his posts.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

MIA here's a question for you. I don't know alot about this topic so I want get some informations from someone who knows stuff about it.

How often can you donate blood?
I was willing to do it like 2-3 years ago but had to wait till I'm 18. My grandfather was kinda big donor, got some sort of medals(?) for it back in communism days. And well, why shouldn't I do it too, I've got no problems with needles and stuff.
Anyway, every year our school and local Red Cross organise some sort of a small event where our professors and students go to nearby hospital and donate blood together. It'll take place at the end of the month, so I was thinking starting it then.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
MIA here's a question for you. I don't know alot about this topic so I want get some informations from someone who knows stuff about it.

How often can you donate blood?
I was willing to do it like 2-3 years ago but had to wait till I'm 18. My grandfather was kinda big donor, got some sort of medals(?) for it back in communism days. And well, why shouldn't I do it too, I've got no problems with needles and stuff.
Anyway, every year our school and local Red Cross organise some sort of a small event where our professors and students go to nearby hospital and donate blood together. It'll take place at the end of the month, so I was thinking starting it then.

I'm on my way to my Japanese lesson so this is the short version...when I donated blood alot, you need about 90 days to replenish your own supply. Not sure if that's changed. Because when I donated blood back in the days I used to do it more through work, the most I've done it in a year was actually three times. So, you should check with the folks where you're donating blood at to see how many times you can actually donate in the course of a year safely.

G4 Approved

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I'm on my way to my Japanese lesson so this is the short version...when I donated blood alot, you need about 90 days to replenish your own supply. Not sure if that's changed. Because when I donated blood back in the days I used to do it more through work, the most I've done it in a year was actually three times. So, you should check with the folks where you're donating blood at to see how many times you can actually donate in the course of a year safely.

G4 Approved

3 months? Oh, I thought you could do it more often. I will check it within next few days. Now I'm even more curious.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

3 months? Oh, I thought you could do it more often. I will check it within next few days. Now I'm even more curious.

It depends on what you're donating. If it is whole blood I think it's every 3 months, plasma may be sooner. If you've got an upcoming doctor's appointment, you can also ask your doctor too. Usually for the next few days they say drink lots of fluids and watch your exercise levels to give your body time to start to make new blood. While they don't take alot, you're gonna have less blood and your body needs time to correct that.

Most blood places want people to donate, but to do so safely. My suggestion is that you do your research and donate once first to get a feel of it and go from there. I haven't done it in years because I liked the employees who did it in the program at work and am particular about people who draw my blood. Plus the needles they use are of the bigger size anyways.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

According to the American Red Cross, donations of whole blood can be done every 56 days. Donors must be at least 17 years old, weigh at least 110 pounds, be in good health, and have a hemoglobin of at least 12.5 g/dL (iron levels-not generally an issue for males). There are other restrictions related to medications, past illnesses, travel, lifestyle, vaccines, etc. The requirements might be different in other countries.

I haven't donated in a few years, since I always used to donate at a previous employer (the Red Cross would visit the place where I worked). However, I've donated over a gallon combined and got a gold blood drop pin for my quantity of donations.

I'd donate again if finding a place to donate were easier.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

It depends on what you're donating. If it is whole blood I think it's every 3 months, plasma may be sooner. If you've got an upcoming doctor's appointment, you can also ask your doctor too. Usually for the next few days they say drink lots of fluids and watch your exercise levels to give your body time to start to make new blood. While they don't take alot, you're gonna have less blood and your body needs time to correct that.

Most blood places want people to donate, but to do so safely. My suggestion is that you do your research and donate once first to get a feel of it and go from there. I haven't done it in years because I liked the employees who did it in the program at work and am particular about people who draw my blood. Plus the needles they use are of the bigger size anyways.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

So I'd have to stop going to gym for a period of time? Now that's the first downside. I don't doubt in our hospital staff's professionality, the person that takes your blood is a mum of one of my friends.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

According to the American Red Cross, donations of whole blood can be done every 56 days. Donors must be at least 17 years old, weigh at least 110 pounds, be in good health, and have a hemoglobin of at least 12.5 g/dL (iron levels-not generally an issue for males). There are other restrictions related to medications, past illnesses, travel, lifestyle, vaccines, etc. The requirements might be different in other countries.

I haven't donated in a few years, since I always used to donate at a previous employer (the Red Cross would visit the place where I worked). However, I've donated over a gallon combined and got a gold blood drop pin for my quantity of donations.

I'd donate again if finding a place to donate were easier.

You have to be 18 here, I'd to it earlier if I could. And I think I'm ok with all these conditions as well, I believe my lifestyle more than fine since I'm regular at the gym. Though I'm not sure about the hemoglobin. I'm sure they'll have it checked.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So I'd have to stop going to gym for a period of time? Now that's the first downside. I don't doubt in our hospital staff's professionality, the person that takes your blood is a mum of one of my friends.
I went looking for some information for you as you appear too lazy to search.
Generally they say at least 5 hours after giving blood is the earliest to start any strenuous activity but that's if you don't suffer any serious side effects. I'd say give yourself about 24 hours to return to the gym. I think everyone is different. There are guidelines from the Red Cross available. http://m.redcrossblood.org/donating-blood/tips-successful-donation

You can give blood about once every 8 weeks but the NHS recommends every 3 months to ensure your red blood cells are fully replenished.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Generally they say at least 5 hours after giving blood is the earliest to start any strenuous activity but that's if you don't suffer any serious side effects. I'd say give yourself about 24 hours to return to the gym. I think everyone is different. There are guidelines from the Red Cross available. Blood Donation Tips | Before, During & After | American Red Cross

You can give blood about once every 8 weeks but the NHS recommends every 3 months to ensure your red blood cells are fully replenished.

I was too lazy, that's true. So all in all, there shouldn't be any problems

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

You know, listening and watching those older funk music videos I've come to conclusion that once upon a time you could have been succesful even if you've kept your clothes on. Now that's a rarity these days.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Generally they say at least 5 hours after giving blood is the earliest to start any strenuous activity but that's if you don't suffer any serious side effects. I'd say give yourself about 24 hours to return to the gym. I think everyone is different. There are guidelines from the Red Cross available. http://m.redcrossblood.org/donating-blood/tips-successful-donation

That's what was told to me, which is why I mentioned the 90 days in the first place...

G4 Approved

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

How did I become the chauffer for my little brother and his soccer friends this am? It's Saturday. I should be sleep. Lmao this is making me slowly not want kids.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

How did I become the chauffer for my little brother and his soccer friends this am? It's Saturday. I should be sleep. Lmao this is making me slowly not want kids.

That's how I was when I first got my DL. I had to drive around my sisters around town. I thought driving would be fun but after all that, try took the fun out of driving !! Lol!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

You know, listening and watching those older funk music videos I've come to conclusion that once upon a time you could have been succesful even if you've kept your clothes on. Now that's a rarity these days.

Anaconda anyone ;)? I hate that song btw

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb