WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So I've decided to change carriers. I'm just tired not having a good signal. Hopefully this new one is better. At least it should be.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Chatterboxes need sleep too. Nobody told you to be living in England and all that...(lol)...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
Believe me that I never would have thought I'd be living here.

Still, it was nice when we had more from the EU...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Believe me that I never would have thought I'd be living here.

Still, it was nice when we had more from the EU...

Yup, Chregu and BigPaddy made this thread really enjoyable to read. I know Muessig pops in from time to time, but when those three were posting regular the thread was interesting.

I never thought I'd live in NJ either. It was a great reminder last year when one of my close friends from back home - we've know each other since 1994 - came to visit. He's seen where I grew up and he was pretty pleased with my space.

Just goes to show you never know where life will take you...

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Chatterboxes need sleep too. Nobody told you to be living in England and all that...(lol)...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

I'm also doing the shorter commute from the GF's to work for this month as I recover. It's mostly underground for about 45 minutes. Since she lives at a heavy transfer point, I stay off my phone.

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Still tried from last night and have another long day ahead. I need this Wednesday project at work to be over but that's a month away...

G4 Approved

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yup, Chregu and BigPaddy made this thread really enjoyable to read. I know Muessig pops in from time to time, but when those three were posting regular the thread was interesting.

I never thought I'd live in NJ either. It was a great reminder last year when one of my close friends from back home - we've know each other since 1994 - came to visit. He's seen where I grew up and he was pretty pleased with my space.

Just goes to show you never know where life will take you...

G4 Approved

I haven't really kept in touch with anyone I grew up with. Nor with school friends, there's a couple on Facebook but I very rarely interact with them, I rarely say anything on Facebook these days. Old work colleagues is the same.

I've always been the one to have to go our out of their way to stay in touch so I've pretty much just don't bother and well, there you go. I guess they weren't really friends even though I knew them for years on end. Strange isn't it?

My life experience is beyond anything I could have imagined 12 years ago. It's so different than where I was. In less than a year I went from living in Canada to living in Australia and now to the UK for the last 5 years. Since then, the world has been open to me. :) Still lots more to experience.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I would say something but I can't think of anything good to say concerning the post above me ;). I must be still sleepy !

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm also doing the shorter commute from the GF's to work for this month as I recover. It's mostly underground for about 45 minutes. Since she lives at a heavy transfer point, I stay off my phone.

G4 Approved

My commute has gotten shorter. I only ride the bus in the morning (6am early) and carpool with my friend back to Orland :)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I haven't really kept in touch with anyone I grew up with. Nor with school friends, there's a couple on Facebook but I very rarely interact with them, I rarely say anything on Facebook these days. Old work colleagues is the same.

I've always been the one to have to go our out of their way to stay in touch so I've pretty much just don't bother and well, there you go. I guess they weren't really friends even though I knew them for years on end. Strange isn't it?

My life experience is beyond anything I could have imagined 12 years ago. It's so different than where I was. In less than a year I went from living in Canada to living in Australia and now to the UK for the last 5 years. Since then, the world has been open to me. :) Still lots more to experience.

I've learned a long time ago that not everyone you meet in life you'll get to take with along your life's journey...so I appreciate everyone and try to treat them as well as possible. Those few who will stick around through the changes often require a commitment to maintaining the friendship. My friend who came to visit last year and I had a long conversation about this year's ago.

Plus, you'll learn over time who will really stick around when **** hits the fan, and who will buckle under pressure...

G4 Approved

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I've learned a long time ago that not everyone you meet in life you'll get to take with along your life's journey...so I appreciate everyone and try to treat them as well as possible. Those few who will stick around through the changes often require a commitment to maintaining the friendship. My friend who came to visit last year and I had a long conversation about this year's ago.

Plus, you'll learn over time who will really stick around when **** hits the fan, and who will buckle under pressure...

G4 Approved

Unfortunately what's happened to me is that people just find it too 'difficult' to keep in touch. Even though I'm fairly easily reached and typically respond quickly.

My own family, brother and sister, who's children are all grown up now, are probably coming home from work and sitting in front of the TV all night. Can't be bothered to message me, email me or anything else. It's always too hard for them I guess. Time zones are a problem? Don't know.

Same goes for the friends. People just have too much going on in their lives (they don't but that's the excuse) so I ended up being the one to keep things going typically so I stopped. I just can't be bothered with that any more now. I need two way streets otherwise I'm just being used.

So in general I have acquaintances now. Nothing else. My time as a contractor in Australia left me in a situation where that's all I had. I had some good one but they never became true friends.

I've found in the UK it's a bit difficult to get friends. Not entirely sure why that is. There's some barrier there of some sort.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Unfortunately what's happened to me is that people just find it too 'difficult' to keep in touch. Even though I'm fairly easily reached and typically respond quickly.

My own family, brother and sister, who's children are all grown up now, are probably coming home from work and sitting in front of the TV all night. Can't be bothered to message me, email me or anything else. It's always too hard for them I guess. Time zones are a problem? Don't know.

Same goes for the friends. People just have too much going on in their lives (they don't but that's the excuse) so I ended up being the one to keep things going typically so I stopped. I just can't be bothered with that any more now. I need two way streets otherwise I'm just being used.

So in general I have acquaintances now. Nothing else. My time as a contractor in Australia left me in a situation where that's all I had. I had some good one but they never became true friends.

I've found in the UK it's a bit difficult to get friends. Not entirely sure why that is. There's some barrier there of some sort.

My schedule and commute makes it hectic on my end also to make new contacts and maintain some of my current ones these days. Life's like that, filled with ebbs and flows.

Still, I try to maximize the ones I have. Some want to stick around, some don't. People can be fickle and that fickle nature makes life frustratingly interesting.

G4 Approved

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

My schedule and commute makes it hectic on my end also to make new contacts and maintain some of my current ones these days. Life's like that, filled with ebbs and flows.

Still, I try to maximize the ones I have. Some want to stick around, some don't. People can be fickle and that fickle nature makes life frustratingly interesting.

G4 Approved

Oh I know that. It's just unfortunate that in life I had some good friends, lost contact and now pretty much unreachable.

I've grown a lot in these last 12 years but there are family and other people I know who still see me as that other person, not that I've changed that much, but that's all they remember. That's because of the lack of communication.

Sad really. I'm hoping to make some good connections around our new home but don't know really. We haven't really spent enough time getting around. Mostly been surviving. LOL!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I'm in this weird place with the G4 and contemplating a G5.

When I used the G5 in the store, the thing flies. I like the camera and the screen is better. The design is OK. The modular stuff I don't give a **** about because the accessories aren't available and what is available is uninteresting to me. The UI is much improved.

But I like the feel design wise of the G4 more. When I used my Maxx after using the G4, I'm amazed at how faster the Maxx feels throughout transitions. Now, I use Arrow on the Maxx and Nova on the G4, and while I cannot put my finger on it the Maxx feels faster. Most likely due to "Moto" using as AOSP ROM as opposed to LG and their craziness. There isn't that much lost from using the Maxx over the G4, which is what I always knew. When using a G5 and the Maxx, there's a bigger difference.

I think what I'm grappling with is the same thing people who have a G4 and are looking at the G5 are think. While there are improvements, I'm not sure price wise I can justify grabbing a G5. Specs wise for 2015, it is clearly better than the 2014 Maxx and improves on the 2015 G4. I guess it is a grapple simply because these prices that the OEMs are charging doesn't always match up to what they are selling.

The cost ratio to upgrade yearly doesn't always leave you with improvements. I can see many G4 users waiting until the G6 comes out before deciding if it makes sense. It feels like the Galaxy S4 to S5 transition here...S5 was better but you had the sense that if you held onto your S4, the S6 was going to be a massive upgrade - which it was.

I think that conundrum may cost LG some sales for the G5 this year. I may just keep my G4 until the right deal comes along to get a G5, but as much as I like the G5 I haven't seen anything that makes me want to crazy and get one.

G4 Approved

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs