That makes sense. I didn't think I'd like Samsung, compared to LG for audio, but I've been pleasantly surprised. What colour is the Xiaomi? That's a bummer it's limited to 64 GB and doesn't support SD cards.
    This one is blue. Which means another blue phone if I get it.

I'm still sleeping on it though.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-07-2019 11:27 PM
    This one is blue. Which means another blue phone if I get it.

I'm still sleeping on it though.
    What can I say? I like blue phones. I've had more phones that are blue other than any colour besides black.
    libra89 and aximtreo like this.
    11-07-2019 11:29 PM
    Since we're talking about phones.

Just got the October update. Yeah Sony has been a bit slack.

However, it looks like they finally fixed the fingerprint scanner. It appears to be working a lot better.

I haven't looked into the camera much but it did seem quicker as well.

So all good.
    11-08-2019 12:39 AM
    Last night we tried a new recipe.

This is a vegan tagliatelle with scallops and cream sauce.

The scallops are king oyster mushrooms. You marinate them to make them a bit fishy tasting.

dsc_0137-01.jpg
    11-08-2019 12:42 AM

However, it looks like they finally fixed the fingerprint scanner. It appears to be working a lot better.

So all good.
    That's good to hear. Believe it or not, I got the November update from Samsung on 1 November.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    11-08-2019 12:42 AM

The scallops are king oyster mushrooms. You marinate them to make them a bit fishy tasting.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0137-01.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	141635
    That looks good. Do you have a version of the recipe that includes real scallops?
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    11-08-2019 12:44 AM
    That looks good. Do you have a version of the recipe that includes real scallops?
    Not much too it really.

Creamy Scallop pasta

Get a large deep fry pan on medium high heat and sear scallops (quantity up to you, don't over crowd pan) in butter (or butter sub) about 1-2 mins per side. Don't over cook otherwise they get tough.

At the same time boil tagliatelle or spaghetti or fettuccine (check cooking time for pasta)

Remove the scallops and in the same pan on medium high heat
    Add butter
    1 finely chopped onion until soft
    1 chopped courgette (zucchini) until slightly browned (or any other veggie if you prefer)
    2 cloves of garlic
    Add 2 teaspoons of small capers and and about 2 teaspoons of brine (adjust to your liking) cook for about 1 min (you can chop the capers if you want more of a sauce)
    Add white wine about 1/4 cup (adjust to your liking) this will 'clean the pan' and add flavour, cook for about 2 mins or until alcohol has evaporated

Turn down heat to medium
    Add 1 cup of cream (adjust to the quantity of pasta you are making you don't want too much)
    Add 1 teaspoon of powdered fish stock or 1 fish stock cube (make sure cube is dissolved)

Check taste

Salt and pepper to taste
    Add fresh chopped parsley

Taste sauce, add salt, pepper or capers according to your taste or anything else that you think will suit.

Drain pasta when done to your liking
    Add pasta to the fry pan and mix well
    Add scallops to warm up (keep some out if you want a photo and top the pasta with them, like we did)

Put in bowl and top with some fresh parsley

Enjoy
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 11-08-2019 at 03:11 AM.
    11-08-2019 02:44 AM
    Not much too it really.

Creamy Scallop pasta

Get a large deep fry pan on medium high heat and sear scallops (quantity up to you, don't over crowd pan) in butter (or butter sub) about 1-2 mins per side. Don't over cook otherwise they get tough.

At the same time boil tagliatelle or spaghetti or fettuccine (check cooking time for pasta)

Remove the scallops and in the same pan on medium high heat
    Add butter
    Finely chopped onion until soft
    Chopped courgette (zucchini) until slightly browned (or any other veggie if you prefer)
    Add a teaspoon of capers and and about two teaspoons of brine (adjust to your liking) cook for about 1 min
    Add white wine about 1/4 cup (adjust to your liking) this will 'clean the pan' and add flavour, cook for about 2 mins

Turn down heat to medium
    Add 1 cup of cream (adjust to the quantity of pasta you are making you don't want too much)
    Add 1 teaspoon of powdered fish stock or 1 fish stock cube (make sure cube is dissolved)

Check taste

Salt and pepper to taste
    Add fresh chopped parsley

Taste sauce, add salt, pepper or capers according to your taste or anything else that you think will suit.

Drain pasta when done to your liking
    Add pasta to the fry pan and mix well
    Add scallops to warm up (keep some out if you want a photo and top the pasta with them, like we did)

Put in bowl and top with some fresh parsley

Enjoy
    Thanks! I wouldn't necessarily use dairy products, but I do love seafood. I might try the vegetarian version, though, since I love mushrooms. It might be interesting to try the recipe with a mix of scallops and mushrooms.
    aximtreo likes this.
    11-08-2019 03:00 AM
    Thanks! I wouldn't necessarily use dairy products, but I do love seafood. I might try the vegetarian version, though, since I love mushrooms. It might be interesting to try the recipe with a mix of scallops and mushrooms.
    We use oat cream and non dairy butter that taste like butter.

You can use scallops and mushrooms together we did think of adding regular mushrooms but decided against it.

If you plan to use the king oyster mushrooms I highly recommend you marinate them for about 20 mins. You can search for other methods but this will work.

Marinade
    2 tablespoons of fish stock (you can buy a veggie version if you want)
    About a 1/4 cup of water so it's more of a loose paste than a stock
    Minced garlic
    Salt

Add the remaining marinade to the dish when you're making it. Add just after the wine.

I forgot the garlic in the original recipe but have since added it.
    libra89, aximtreo and Laura Knotek like this.
    11-08-2019 03:12 AM
    We use oat cream and non dairy butter that taste like butter.

You can use scallops and mushrooms together we did think of adding regular mushrooms but decided against it.

If you plan to use the king oyster mushrooms I highly recommend you marinate them for about 20 mins. You can search for other methods but this will work.

Marinade
    2 tablespoons of fish stock (you can buy a veggie version if you want)
    About a 1/4 cup of water so it's more of a loose paste than a stock
    Minced garlic
    Salt

Add the remaining marinade to the dish when you're making it. Add just after the wine.

I forgot the garlic in the original recipe but have since added it.
    Thanks. I'll cook this for the gf within the next few weeks. She cannot eat white pasta (and traditional whole wheat ain't that much better for her), so we do the alternative stuffs like the chick peas based or the ones mixed with grains like quinoa.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    11-08-2019 07:58 AM

So all good.
    Nice.

I'm curious about your wife's experience with the Xperia 5 once she starts using it.
    11-08-2019 07:59 AM
    Thanks. I'll cook this for the gf within the next few weeks. She cannot eat white pasta (and traditional whole wheat ain't that much better for her), so we do the alternative stuffs like the chick peas based or the ones mixed with grains like quinoa.
    We found it difficult to find good gluten free pasta. I think we only found one that was decent but even then it was not that great.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-08-2019 08:13 AM
    Nice.

I'm curious about your wife's experience with the Xperia 5 once she starts using it.
    It will probably show up next week some time. It has to be updated before she uses it otherwise the fingerprint scanner may cause her grief. It is significantly better now. I just hope she's happier with the 5 which I'm sure she will be. It won't be perfect but better.

I haven't heard back about the Nokia 9 yet. That's a bit annoying. It's not like it was cheap...
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 11-08-2019 at 08:53 AM.
    11-08-2019 08:15 AM
    What can I say? I like blue phones. I've had more phones that are blue other than any colour besides black.
    G7+ is a blue than looks like teal in the right light. Mate 20 Pro is blue. V40 has a blue skin. I don't mind blue phones, I just like more unusual colors.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-08-2019 08:18 AM
    We found it difficult to find good gluten free pasta. I think we only found one that was decent but even then it was not that great.
    Yeah, that's a pain in the *** to find here too. And when you find it, it's stupidly expensive for that reason.
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    11-08-2019 08:19 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0137-01.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	141635
    That looks really good! Do y'all plan to make it again? I don't like seafood so this sounds up my alley.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-08-2019 08:29 AM
    That looks really good! Do y'all plan to make it again? I don't like seafood so this sounds up my alley.
    Yeah plan to make it again. We didn't cook the king oyster mushrooms long enough to make them soft. So there will be a try number two. Unlike other places though France is very seasonal so we only have a limited time before the mushrooms are no longer in season.

In the future I plan to grow my own mushrooms.

You don't need to marinade the mushrooms if you don't want a seafood taste. This is a seafood tasting dish overall though.

If you just want to try the 'scallops' you could do an Asian dish and use soy sauce to marinade or even a hoisin sauce with some garlic. Then make a nice veggie packed fried rice. :)
    11-08-2019 09:01 AM
    I didn't watch the video here but the quotes said by Bill Gates in the article are interesting (in reference to Windows Mobile being in the place of Android but being late):

https://www.phonearena.com/news/Bill...Droid_id120270
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-08-2019 10:17 AM
    Awesome! I'm sure she will love her new watch.
    We hope so!
    libra89 and aximtreo like this.
    11-08-2019 12:47 PM
    I finally got some time to set up my Apple Watch 4 LTE today morning. So far so good. Still figuring out what I want on the main Infograph watchface.
    It does feel a tad bit heavier than my original Apple Watch that I had been wearing since May.
    libra89, Laura Knotek and aximtreo like this.
    11-08-2019 12:51 PM
    Sigh. Healthcare is such an exercise in frustration.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-08-2019 05:41 PM
    I finally got some time to set up my Apple Watch 4 LTE today morning. So far so good. Still figuring out what I want on the main Infograph watchface.
    It does feel a tad bit heavier than my original Apple Watch that I had been wearing since May.
    How's Apple watch life?
    11-08-2019 06:06 PM
    How's Apple watch life?
    It's been off the charger for 12 hours and I have 66% left. So I would say it's pretty decent.
    libra89, Laura Knotek and aximtreo like this.
    11-08-2019 08:55 PM
    Sigh. Healthcare is such an exercise in frustration.
    It was a fun exercise signing up for benefits today (last day and all).

I caved in and switched to a high deductible HSA plan. We'll see how it goes.
    11-08-2019 08:57 PM
    It was a fun exercise signing up for benefits today (last day and all).

I caved in and switched to a high deductible HSA plan. We'll see how it goes.
    Good luck. I left my benefits unchanged as open enrollment was the end of last month. The insurance is useless for some of the things I do. Sigh.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-08-2019 09:26 PM
151,683 ... 60586059606060616062 ...