I do wonder how people find the motivation to exercise when it's cold outside. By that, I mean people who don't do gyms and do things like biking, running, walking or even hiking (not familiar with this personally, outside of knowing that it is a thing that people do).
    People are always motivated by the things that they find important to themselves.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    11-17-2019 09:12 AM
    Those should smell wonderful!
    I'll let you know how they smell later on. We will see how long they last.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-17-2019 09:13 AM
    So here’s a great story from China. I saw a spicy hot pot place on my way back from the riverfront and decided to eat dinner there.

I forgot to change dollars to yuan before I went for the little walking tour. I tried two different bank ATMs to withdraw cash but no luck. Also since it’s Sunday the banks were closed.

I asked the hostess if I could use my credit card. She said yes. The waitress was super helpful in picking out the ingredients since the entire menu was in Chinese and she spoke little English. About three people used a translator and got my order placed. The food was great, ultra spicy (no pictures because Pixel 3a was dead). Once I was done we tried all my credit cards but no luck.

I explained to them that my hotel was a 5 minute walk. The waitress and the store manager walked with me to the hotel where I got money changed and we walked back to the restaurant to settle the account. They lent me a charger at the restaurant so that I could take a couple of pictures with them as a great memory of Guangzhou. All along they apologized profusely since my cards wouldn’t work with their credit card machine.

I learnt that the waitress is a student and she is now determined to become proficient in English. Oh and they all refused to accept a tip for all the trouble I caused.

Such great hospitality.
    This is a great example of people on the hustle in the right way. I bet you that waitress is going to remember you in her own way once she gets better at English.
    libra89, Laura Knotek and aximtreo like this.
    11-17-2019 09:15 AM
    Back to the old house for a week. Finally gonna get all the packing done. The movers will arrive this coming Friday with a container.
    Its hard to believe the things we accumulated over the past 15 years, even though we promised ourselves not to get stuff. Several months back we rid a lot of things we no longer need and gave away quite a bit of the bigger things like beds & furniture, stereo, kitchen appliances etc We're putting the house on the market, hopefully it'll fetch a decent price. We then can use the money towards the farm.
    We are moving into my wife's childhood old single storey linked city house in Kota Kinabalu. The house is much smaller...we are downsizing!!!!.. but it's ideal since it just the two of us.
    Hope our stuff fits into the container!!!
    It's amazing what you accumulate and you own see this when you have to move. I was in my apartment for scene years and I tried not to add in too much stuff. When I downsized two years ago to move in with the gf, I was just shaking my head as I did the clearing out process of the amount of stuff I had. She's been in her apartment for 20 years and she did a partial cleaning recently. She was complaining about how much **** she has.

If she has to move, it'll take her eons to pack.
    11-17-2019 09:18 AM
    I'm not entirely sure what our Xmas situation will be currently so no plans for decorations at this point.
    I'm not really a holiday decorating person. Growing up, that stuff used to give my aunt joy and I just helped. Otherwise, I'm fine without having decorations up. If I had kids I'd still feel the same way, but of course you put out that stuffs for them.

She likes the decorations so I just go along with it.
    11-17-2019 09:20 AM
    It's amazing what you accumulate and you own see this when you have to move. I was in my apartment for scene years and I tried not to add in too much stuff. When I downsized two years ago to move in with the gf, I was just shaking my head as I did the clearing out process of the amount of stuff I had. She's been in her apartment for 20 years and she did a partial cleaning recently. She was complaining about how much **** she has.

If she has to move, it'll take her eons to pack.
    I know..
    the magazines, the VHS & cassette tapes, the CD/VCD/DVDs...
    talking about disks, I have about a hundred unused DVD-R/RWs. This was all the rage to burn to disk back then.... these blanks has ceramic coating on one side that is printable... "Back in those misty olden days, we had colour printers that could print directly on the CD!"
    It's the nature of tech things to be doomed into obsolescence as soon as it emerges
    Laura Knotek, libra89 and aximtreo like this.
    11-17-2019 10:31 AM
    I know..
    the magazines, the VHS & cassette tapes, the CD/VCD/DVDs...
    talking about disks, I have about a hundred unused DVD-R/RWs. This was all the rage to burn to disk back then.... these blanks has ceramic coating on one side that is printable... "Back in those misty olden days, we had colour printers that could print directly on the CD!"
    It's the nature of tech things to be doomed into obsolescence as soon as it emerges
    I got a ton of burned CDs. I rather had offloaded my data onto those than to keep them stuck on a drive. Yup, that was the rage indeed.

People will still have an affinity for local storage. All the stuff we use now as you've rightfully said will become anitquated. Which is why overproduction of certain things is so concerning for the planet.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    11-17-2019 11:45 AM
    Hey Laura! I know your Browns are fighting to save their season, but swinging helmets ain't the way to go about it...

... meanwhile in Duvall County, we are still treading water.
    Laura Knotek and aximtreo like this.
    11-17-2019 01:45 PM
    Hey Laura! I know your Browns are fighting to save their season, but swinging helmets ain't the way to go about it...

... meanwhile in Duvall County, we are still treading water.
    Yeah, I blame the coach for the lack of discipline. Garrett was never a troublemaker in the past. I also agree with his suspension.
    aximtreo likes this.
    11-17-2019 01:53 PM
    So here’s a great story from China. I saw a spicy hot pot place on my way back from the riverfront and decided to eat dinner there.

I forgot to change dollars to yuan before I went for the little walking tour. I tried two different bank ATMs to withdraw cash but no luck. Also since it’s Sunday the banks were closed.

I asked the hostess if I could use my credit card. She said yes. The waitress was super helpful in picking out the ingredients since the entire menu was in Chinese and she spoke little English. About three people used a translator and got my order placed. The food was great, ultra spicy (no pictures because Pixel 3a was dead). Once I was done we tried all my credit cards but no luck.

I explained to them that my hotel was a 5 minute walk. The waitress and the store manager walked with me to the hotel where I got money changed and we walked back to the restaurant to settle the account. They lent me a charger at the restaurant so that I could take a couple of pictures with them as a great memory of Guangzhou. All along they apologized profusely since my cards wouldn’t work with their credit card machine.

I learnt that the waitress is a student and she is now determined to become proficient in English. Oh and they all refused to accept a tip for all the trouble I caused.

Such great hospitality.
    What a story! Wow...
    11-17-2019 04:21 PM
    Back to the old house for a week. Finally gonna get all the packing done. The movers will arrive this coming Friday with a container.
    Its hard to believe the things we accumulated over the past 15 years, even though we promised ourselves not to get stuff. Several months back we rid a lot of things we no longer need and gave away quite a bit of the bigger things like beds & furniture, stereo, kitchen appliances etc We're putting the house on the market, hopefully it'll fetch a decent price. We then can use the money towards the farm.
    We are moving into my wife's childhood old single storey linked city house in Kota Kinabalu. The house is much smaller...we are downsizing!!!!.. but it's ideal since it just the two of us.
    Hope our stuff fits into the container!!!
    I wish y'all good luck with that. Take many breaks, lol. At a point, it will probably be easier to just get rid of stuff.
    Laura Knotek, raycpl and aximtreo like this.
    11-17-2019 04:23 PM
    People are always motivated by the things that they find important to themselves.
    This is true but still hard to picture. For hiking, I figure that your body heat really helps with that.
    11-17-2019 04:24 PM
    I love hiking in cold weather.
    Interesting! Do you prefer it to hiking when it's a little warmer or is it about the same?
    11-17-2019 04:25 PM
    Yeah, I blame the coach for the lack of discipline. Garrett was never a troublemaker in the past. I also agree with his suspension.
    There are some people who are head coaches right now that may be better served remaining as coordinators *cough*Gase*cough*.
    Laura Knotek and aximtreo like this.
    11-17-2019 04:32 PM
    Interesting! Do you prefer it to hiking when it's a little warmer or is it about the same?
    I prefer it to be cool or cold. Warm weather hiking is no fun. This is the reason I hated hiking up Mt San Jacinto in July.
    11-17-2019 05:00 PM
    So...does Mobile Nations count too?
    MoNa seems to be coming through for now. Sometimes it's intermittent.
    Laura Knotek and MSFTisMIA like this.
    11-17-2019 05:03 PM
    This is a great example of people on the hustle in the right way. I bet you that waitress is going to remember you in her own way once she gets better at English.
    Ha ha. Pretty sure of that. However the sincerity of the staff to help out was quite genuine.
    11-17-2019 05:04 PM
    This is true but still hard to picture. For hiking, I figure that your body heat really helps with that.
    Yup. If hiking uphill (or downhill in the canyon) the body warms up very very quickly. I once went for a hike in upstate New York in snow and moonlight. Outside temperature was 4F. I was absolutely drenched by the time I was down from the mountain. Most of the time I am always a layer or two more and that means lots of perspiration with the exertion.
    11-17-2019 05:07 PM
    View from the hotel. Although right now most of the lights are off. It's 6AM here.
    11-17-2019 05:08 PM
    Walked down to the river to see the skyline and the site of the Asian Games. The Guangzhou Light Festival starts today so I will see if we get to go with our hosts one of the evenings.

11-17-2019 05:16 PM
    View from the hotel. Although right now most of the lights are off. It's 6AM here.[IMG=1008x756]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191117/6ce678b30b155b4147112f5a430083b5.jpg[/url]
    That's gorgeous!
    libra89 likes this.
    11-17-2019 05:22 PM
    So...a pair of these are the holiday trees for this year. Yup, they're live. Attachment 141667
    This is the other one. Not exactly a true pair, but well received just the same. 20191117_195421.jpeg
    11-17-2019 07:56 PM
    My Christmas tree is more than 10yrs.. 7foot plastic thingy.. looks a bit sparse to be honest. I need to add more shiny glittery things on it.
    11-18-2019 01:05 AM
    My Christmas tree is more than 10yrs.. 7foot plastic thingy.. looks a bit sparse to be honest. I need to add more shiny glittery things on it.
    I have a little 3 foot artificial tree that is probably older than I am. It belonged to my maternal grandparents, and I inherited it when they passed away 25 years ago.

I don't put it up until after Thanksgiving.
    11-18-2019 01:10 AM
    Growing up here not many homes had a Christmas tree, in the 60s. Some would go down to big cities like Kuala Lumpur or even Singapore where the big departmental stores sells imported Christmasy things. It was very expensive then, so we never had a tree until my elder brother started working and bought a 4footer. Some of my uncles could fashion a tree out of dried branches, wire and green crepe paper!!
    11-18-2019 02:04 AM
152,101 ... 60656066606760686069 ...