WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I thinking about doing a write up/review on the new video card; the GTX 970. I'll post it in the PC section of the forums and link it here for you guys to check out for me... (If you would!)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Just got out of a staff meeting. So boring... :/ I had to get a coffee just to stay awake and I normally don't have afternoon coffees any more.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Also thinking about starting a "gaming peripherals" thread to discuss various input devices geared toward gaming. Now that I'm actually in the market for a new gaming keyboard and mouse, I'd like to hear other users thoughts on the subject.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

OK I'm going to need some serious sleep leading up to next week. I have four half day meetings in a row (Mon - Thurs). That's going to be painful.

:/

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Just got out of a staff meeting. So boring... :/ I had to get a coffee just to stay awake and I normally don't have afternoon coffees any more.

Don't you just love those? At my job there's a culture of "meeting to have a meeting".

At least when I shared that with one of the new supervisors here, he runs his meetings different to ensure that they're productive...

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Also thinking about starting a "gaming peripherals" thread to discuss various input devices geared toward gaming. Now that I'm actually in the market for a new gaming keyboard and mouse, I'd like to hear other users thoughts on the subject.

Good move. You'll get some really good responses for sure...

G4 Approved

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

OK I'm going to need some serious sleep leading up to next week. I have four half day meetings in a row (Mon - Thurs). That's going to be painful.

:/

That's a rough schedule. Brandy/whiskey/not ******* the wife off might help...

G4 Approved

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm sure you know where the ignore button is.
The unfortunate part is that they haven't developed the software on this forum to block when someone quotes that person. It's very frustrating.
I forgot about it last week. Will take care of it today morning.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Don't you just love those? At my job there's a culture of "meeting to have a meeting".

At least when I shared that with one of the new supervisors here, he runs his meetings different to ensure that they're productive...

G4 Approved

These staff meetings are purely information based. Boring as hell and can easily be put on our internal system for us to read instead of wasting and hour each month.

I have no issues getting together to talk about useful things but these meetings are just a waste of time.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Not currently no, but I'm looking at a new setup for a "home server". Why do you ask? Curious..

And yes, been on Windows10 from day one.

I have a WD MyBookLive and it's been a PITA with W10. The security settings on W10 makes mapping drives and connecting to network connected devices painful, especially a NAS.

I was just curious if you've had any issues that's all.

I've also continuously had issues with the track pad on my laptops, all of them required a registry hack to prevent the settings from being reset.

It's been very frustrating. I know all this stuff rather well, I'd feel sorry for a 'regular' user trying to sort this stuff out.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

These staff meetings are purely information based. Boring as hell and can easily be put on our internal system for us to read instead of wasting and hour each month.

I have no issues getting together to talk about useful things but these meetings are just a waste of time.

That's how I feel about my weekly 1 hour meetings that I zone out on. I'd rather go learn how to shear sheep instead.

G4 Approved

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I just found out today that WD has created a utility to help with the situation but I haven't tried it yet....

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm thinking about getting the GF a N9. Her N7 2013 still runs well, but she wouldn't mind getting a bigger screen. I'll browse for prices a bit and once the cash is available, I'll turn that into her birthday gift...unless something more interesting comes along.

Gotta buy her stuff new as she does use her warranty periodically - she's gotten some lemons in the past.

G4 Approved

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb