So it's 3PM here and haven't heard anything from the recruiter even though a texted him twice now.

In any normal country this would be seen as poor customer service (yes I am a customer). However, this is France... Welcome to French customer service. He probably won't reply until he has an answer, unlike normal situations where you'd get some feedback.

I can't say what the chances of actually finding out about the job are today but since most French people typically work to 6 or 7PM I have a few hours yet.

I wasn't informed if there were other candidates either so there's a possibility that I may not get this position at all. Not the end of the world but not what I would prefer.

So annoyingly I am waiting on an answer. I was told I'd know today but I can't really trust that.

In the end I may be annoyed and frustrated for no reason but can't help it.
    Laura Knotek and aximtreo like this.
    12-02-2019 09:09 AM
    Mechanical failure on the train going to be work so I have to do the old get off and squeeze into the next one bit.
    Taking the circuitous route into work instead. Gotta love Mondays.
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-02-2019 09:09 AM
    Sadly more than there should be. It's all about the brainwashing of course. The schools these super rich attend doesn't cover 'giving a ****'.
    I'm sure they were taught how to **** people over in their standard curriculum just fine.
    N_LaRUE, Laura Knotek and aximtreo like this.
    12-02-2019 09:22 AM
    Wow that this is a thing. It is sad though.
    12-02-2019 09:25 AM
    So it's 3PM here and haven't heard anything from the recruiter even though a texted him twice now.

In any normal country this would be seen as poor customer service (yes I am a customer). However, this is France... Welcome to French customer service. He probably won't reply until he has an answer, unlike normal situations where you'd get some feedback.

I can't say what the chances of actually finding out about the job are today but since most French people typically work to 6 or 7PM I have a few hours yet.

I wasn't informed if there were other candidates either so there's a possibility that I may not get this position at all. Not the end of the world but not what I would prefer.

So annoyingly I am waiting on an answer. I was told I'd know today but I can't really trust that.

In the end I may be annoyed and frustrated for no reason but can't help it.
    Ahh, I hope that you will get an answer today before he leaves for the day.
    12-02-2019 09:26 AM
    Ahh, I hope that you will get an answer today before he leaves for the day.
    So the good news is I have the job. The bad news is I have no idea of the conditions currently.

Still waiting on the contract. I can't make a decision until then.
    12-02-2019 10:46 AM
    There was something that Rue shared a while ago about people having a set number of soulmates (but more so in the connection sense, not necessarily only romantic). I wish I took a screenshot of it. He said that his wife was one of those people for him, along with one of his best friends. I also recall him saying that you'll be lucky if you meet two or more in your lifetime. (Rue, I know you have a lot going on so don't worry about searching your memories for what you said). This randomly popped up in my mind today.

I was getting to know someone a little while back and the connection was unlike anything I ever had before. There were truly no cons at all about getting to know him. This was paused because he realized that he has to work on himself so we're just friends.

I'm talking to someone else now and the connection feels very different so I wonder if there's a point (to continue getting to know, that is).
    Last edited by libra89; 12-02-2019 at 11:03 AM.
    12-02-2019 10:48 AM
    So the good news is I have the job. The bad news is I have no idea of the conditions currently.

Still waiting on the contract. I can't make a decision until then.
    Congrats! I hope the terms will be favorable, or at least enough for you to make a decision.
    12-02-2019 10:49 AM

The whole article is hilarious...
    12-02-2019 01:49 PM
    There was something that Rue shared a while ago about people having a set number of soulmates (but more so in the connection sense, not necessarily only romantic). I wish I took a screenshot of it. He said that his wife was one of those people for him, along with one of his best friends. I also recall him saying that you'll be lucky if you meet two or more in your lifetime. (Rue, I know you have a lot going on so don't worry about searching your memories for what you said). This randomly popped up in my mind today.

I was getting to know someone a little while back and the connection was unlike anything I ever had before. There were truly no cons at all about getting to know him. This was paused because he realized that he has to work on himself so we're just friends.

I'm talking to someone else now and the connection feels very different so I wonder if there's a point (to continue getting to know, that is).
    libra89, Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    12-02-2019 04:40 PM
    This was the first sales week ended in a long time that I was so apathetic. Normally I'd use this time of year to take advantage of the discounts to replinsh and replace items I use, but I was so uninterested that I didn't do much of that.
    12-02-2019 10:18 PM
    This was the first sales week ended in a long time that I was so apathetic. Normally I'd use this time of year to take advantage of the discounts to replinsh and replace items I use, but I was so uninterested that I didn't do much of that.
    The only thing I needed was a new phone, but I couldn't wait until last Friday till now, so I didn't very anything.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    12-02-2019 11:10 PM
    Well someone has to game the system.
    Right?
    12-02-2019 11:32 PM
    Wow that this is a thing. It is sad though.
    It was written in humour based on what feels like reality.

These types of humans have been around for a long time. Just feels like there's more of them because there are...
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    12-03-2019 12:36 AM
    The whole article is hilarious...
    Hilarious truth is always funnier than made up isn't it?
    Laura Knotek and aximtreo like this.
    12-03-2019 12:37 AM
    There was a sale week on? Never would have guessed... (Sarcasm alert)

Unfortunately black Friday and cyber Monday have made it here. Also Mobile Nations might as well been called Amazon Nations for the past few weeks....
    Laura Knotek, aximtreo and libra89 like this.
    12-03-2019 12:41 AM
    There was a sale week on? Never would have guessed... (Sarcasm alert)

Unfortunately black Friday and cyber Monday have made it here. Also Mobile Nations might as well been called Amazon Nations for the past few weeks....
    The company formerly known as Mobile Nations is now Future PLC, which is a UK based company with headquarters in Bath. https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/03757874
    12-03-2019 12:46 AM
    The company formerly known as Mobile Nations is now Future PLC, which is a UK based company with headquarters in Bath. https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/03757874
    Ah, UK based for "tax purposes" I'm sure.... I guess Brexit wasn't an issue for them. I wouldn't personally base my company in the UK at this point in time.

Though Bath is nice...

The website still says Mobile Nations though.
    aximtreo and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-03-2019 01:53 AM

I don't fully remember what I said but basically it was more like a feeling, almost like a pull, like I had to meet or be with these people. It's difficult to put into words.

I'm not one for love at first sight or anything like that either. We have chemicals in our brains that purposely trick us into 'falling in love' as it were very quickly (typically lasting for about two years). The idea of 'sparks flying' and chemistry (literally). This is believed to be based on the idea of producing children as soon as possible. It's generally part of our genetic makeup. But of course, nothing is that simple when you're human with all the extra baggage we carry and have created.

Of course biology is messy, there are differences. Hence people with different sexuality etc.

When it comes to meeting people it's always a choice to decide to be part of their lives or not. As MIA put it with the video. Just have fun and enjoy the experiences. I think we tend to get too caught up in things too quickly.
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 12-03-2019 at 03:21 AM.
    12-03-2019 02:05 AM
    Just a quick update. Things aren't looking too good for the job.

The negotiations (which I have little part in) are not producing the results I want so it may happen that I'll turn this job down.

It's unfortunate but I don't really need the job, I already have one. I don't think this has sunk in to the people discussing things yet.

Nobody is going to take a job where they have more responsibility and make less money unless you're really keen on working for that company.

In my situation, I can care less.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-03-2019 07:41 AM

The negotiations (which I have little part in) are not producing the results I want so it may happen that I'll turn this job down.

It's unfortunate but I don't really need the job, I already have one. I don't think this has sunk in to the people discussing things yet.

Nobody is going to take a job where they have more responsibility and make less money unless you're really keen on working for that company.

Management always seems to have this affinity with wanting to give people more work for less pay.
    12-03-2019 08:20 AM
    Ah, UK based for "tax purposes" I'm sure.... I guess Brexit wasn't an issue for them. I wouldn't personally base my company in the UK at this point in time.

Though Bath is nice...

The website still says Mobile Nations though.
    Future bought Mobile Nations so both points are correct. One of the choices they made was to remove ads from the forums...
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    12-03-2019 08:33 AM
    Future bought Mobile Nations so both points are correct. One of the choices they made was to remove ads from the forums...
    I honestly didn't know about the change. I should find out what this 'Future' company is. Probably getting user data...

I'm already contemplating deleting my Facebook account and Instagram account. I might keep Whatsapp but not sure. I really want to get away from Facebook and it's other companies. It's unfortunate that they have so many things now. I don't use Twitter or Snapchat.

All these social media companies (along with Google, MS, Apple) are just sucking society dry of any normalcy and intellect.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-03-2019 08:44 AM
    Management always seems to have this affinity with wanting to give people more work for less pay.
    It's a bit more complicated than that.

I work in one industry sector currently and this job is in another sector. They typically have different wage expectations because of this.

However, it's still a supervisor position and still working on pretty large mega/giga projects so I'm not sure what to make of it.

They also have this weird idea I've never run into before. A two month period of a lower wage and then an increase to your proper wage (lower by about €20-30 per day). I don't know if this is the company or the recruiter doing this. It's completely bizarre and adds a level of WTF to the whole thing.

So not looking overly promising at the moment.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-03-2019 08:55 AM

It sounds like you have the best attitude. It's disappointing that this is what they are offering.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    12-03-2019 09:20 AM
152,164 ... 60766077607860796080 ...