WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

You're PhD is meaningless. I've actually met English PhD students from other countries who spoke worse English than I did.

The slang term is just another way of saying sh*t. I'm sure you gathered that. However what you failed to realise is the context in which it's used. You wouldn't say 'piece of pants' as that makes no sense at all.

Blame it on Chregu.

Haven't you ever heard the slang "That guy is a piece of siht"?

Don't tell me that Chregu is giving meaningless PhD's, he sits in his lab all the day to hear these kind of comments, take random photos of sunrise and sunshine and share with us, it makes me very sad now.

LOL, am sorry Chregu but this thread is a complete non sense playground, you may join the ride ;)

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I hold a PhD. in English, awarded to me by Respected Sir Chregu (of Swiss Alps) in his laboratory while posting random stuff on this thread.
When I asked him if this is correct, he said yes it is.

I concur with the right honourable gentleman - the correct use would be
"This phone is pants"

I saw my first gold iphone today while out on lunch - the woman holding it matched the apple stereotype perfectly - designer everything - looked like she had just walked off the set of a movie in Hollywood.

I only noticed she had a gold iphone while I was walking behind her checking out her rear view

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

"This phone is pants"

I saw my first gold iphone today while out on lunch - the woman holding it matched the apple stereotype perfectly - designer everything - looked like she had just walked off the set of a movie in Hollywood.

I only noticed she had a gold iphone while I was walking behind her checking out her rear view

Do you know what do Indians say when they enter a cloth store that sells raw cloth, you can buy a few meteres and get clothes stitched as per your liking.

"Show me a shirt piece, now show me a pant piece"

I do not doubt the abilities of Sir Chregu, Swiss English is different, my avatar stays :D

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Do you know what do Indians say when they enter a cloth store that sells raw cloth, you can buy a few meteres and get clothes stitched as per your liking.

"Show me a shirt piece, now show me a pant piece"

I do not doubt the abilities of Sir Chregu, Swiss English is different, my avatar stays :D

You're avatar could be whatever you want it to be, it's still wrong.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

"This phone is pants"

I'd assume there's quite of few ladies like that around where you work? Since we're more 'rural' here the desire for the fancy stuff isn't very high. Some nice ladies about but probably nothing on the scale you have.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Exactly my point, which I am trying to explain pointlessly since the past 20 minutes.

Well, yes we know your avatar is pointless and we know it is grammatically incorrect but we'd thought we'd try to help. Something you seem to have issues with. Were you dropped as a baby or something?

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

Well, yes we know your avatar is pointless and we know it is grammatically incorrect but we'd thought we'd try to help. Something you seem to have issues with. Were you dropped as a baby or something?

Yea, but a haunted soul named, sounded like LaRue :D

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I'd assume there's quite of few ladies like that around where you work? Since we're more 'rural' here the desire for the fancy stuff isn't very high. Some nice ladies about but probably nothing on the scale you have.

Yes but its rare you get a woman that draws looks from everyone - there is also a rather famous and popular "gentlemans club" around the corner - she may well have been on her way to work as she was heading in that direction.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

"This phone is pants"

Was that all you were checking? :wink:

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Well, just to be clear about this.

I'm neither a recognized educational institution nor have I ever awarded a PhD title. All I have to do with PhD is that most of the people around me have this title, and that I maybe get one in a few years.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb