WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

About time you got your darn priorities in order, otherwise you were beginning to pull a Sahib with that wall outlet story of yours...

I had a Sahib moment last night by not charging my phone and my tablet, that's all. Turned out to be a decent day off from work anyways...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Well I recently got a serious scratch on my display, more like a shallow hole than a plain scratch. So I get you there, was even thinking getting a new phone if I manage to make a few bucks on spring break. But with this hole in it, I doubt it.

Oh, I know what I want to get phone wise...a 950 and a LG G5. Right now, I can get a G5 unlocked for $490 brand new from my favorite Asian site, shipping included. I'm giving it until October or November before I pounds as many other things needed to be dealt with before I upgrade...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So here are a few random thoughts after a trip in Best Buy, messing with some unlocked phones:

1) I can see why people think the Honor 5X is good value for money. Seemed fast enough, liked the construction and the camera seemed OK. I'm sure the 5C is still a better buy though as a newer model. $200 does one pretty nice.

2) Nexus 6P is a tall phone. Like the premium feel but as to where I an now, I wouldn't buy this. I can see the appeal of the fingerprint scanner and the dual speakers and the vanilla Android...but it's missing microSD expansion for me and I think they could have fit a 6" screen in there with smaller speakers like what Sony did with the Z2/Z5 design. They wouldn't have sounded as nice, but hey...the damn phone is tall. Looks nice in gold.

3) I really like the look and feel of the Z5 Compact. The design doesn't feel as sharp in hand as it's a smaller phone. The fingerprint reader placement is greaf and that volume button placement is horrid...no, atrocious. On a smaller phone like this, I can slide it up in my big mitts and get buy, but on a Z5 proper or Z5P, or the X series...no. Felt like the Sony engineers went to a meeting run by my supervisor when they decided on the volume button placement. I get the idea behind it, but the execution is no bueno.

4) I was so impressed by the Z5C, I'd almost get one...and then I saw how much better the Z3C design was and how at $400 brand new, this thing is typical Sony - overpriced. I'd do this at $280 right now, preferably the international model with the functional fingerprint reader. I wasn't a fan of the screen of the Z5C, but id tolerate it at this price point.

5) I don't like the G5 in this Titan grey color as much as i like the silver. I've seen a pink one and it looks OK, and the gold looks OK, but the best color for me is the silver. Problem is, the one I want they don't have it in the silver trim at the price I want.

6) Something about the G5's screen I don't like either. Maybe with a different wallpaper it looks better, but I liked the look of the G4's screen more.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Popped back into the MSFT store. My thoughts are the same...the XL is the best device they have. I'll still get a 950, even though i like screen and processor better on the XL. Not a fan of the glance on the 950 at all. But it is LG G series light weight wise, and is still powerful enough.

Posted via Moto Maxx

I honestly think the panel on the 950XL was one of the best ones i've seen. I typically like mine with colder colors and as soon as I did that on the XL, I was very pleased. More importantly though, becuase it has an such a high PPI, using it was a treat becuase of how sharp it was. I think switching to a colder setting will make the 950's screen more tolerable for me, but the sharpness isn't there when compared to the XL. This is evident with the glance screen being way better on the XL than on the 950. Looks very washed out.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I honestly think the panel on the 950XL was one of the best ones i've seen. I typically like mine with colder colors and as soon as I did that on the XL, I was very pleased. More importantly though, becuase it has an such a high PPI, using it was a treat becuase of how sharp it was. I think switching to a colder setting will make the 950's screen more tolerable for me, but the sharpness isn't there when compared to the XL. This is evident with the glance screen being way better on the XL than on the 950. Looks very washed out.

I do like my little sisters xl panel better than mine but at least I can hold the 950 with one hand but I can't with the xl

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

So here are a few random thoughts after a trip in Best Buy, messing with some unlocked phones:

1) I can see why people think the Honor 5X is good value for money. Seemed fast enough, liked the construction and the camera seemed OK. I'm sure the 5C is still a better buy though as a newer model. $200 does one pretty nice.

2) Nexus 6P is a tall phone. Like the premium feel but as to where I an now, I wouldn't buy this. I can see the appeal of the fingerprint scanner and the dual speakers and the vanilla Android...but it's missing microSD expansion for me and I think they could have fit a 6" screen in there with smaller speakers like what Sony did with the Z2/Z5 design. They wouldn't have sounded as nice, but hey...the damn phone is tall. Looks nice in gold.

3) I really like the look and feel of the Z5 Compact. The design doesn't feel as sharp in hand as it's a smaller phone. The fingerprint reader placement is greaf and that volume button placement is horrid...no, atrocious. On a smaller phone like this, I can slide it up in my big mitts and get buy, but on a Z5 proper or Z5P, or the X series...no. Felt like the Sony engineers went to a meeting run by my supervisor when they decided on the volume button placement. I get the idea behind it, but the execution is no bueno.

4) I was so impressed by the Z5C, I'd almost get one...and then I saw how much better the Z3C design was and how at $400 brand new, this thing is typical Sony - overpriced. I'd do this at $280 right now, preferably the international model with the functional fingerprint reader. I wasn't a fan of the screen of the Z5C, but id tolerate it at this price point.

5) I don't like the G5 in this Titan grey color as much as i like the silver. I've seen a pink one and it looks OK, and the gold looks OK, but the best color for me is the silver. Problem is, the one I want they don't have it in the silver trim at the price I want.

6) Something about the G5's screen I don't like either. Maybe with a different wallpaper it looks better, but I liked the look of the G4's screen more.

Only one comment, I paid $275 for a Z3C last year in June so $400 is just plain asinine.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I do like my little sisters xl panel better than mine but at least I can hold the 950 with one hand but I can't with the xl

It's still a big phone, but a nice one. We'll see if I can get a 950 in the fall. I'm starting to like the phone. My issue was that MSFT overpriced both the 950 and the 950 XL at launch last year. Especially since Windows 10 was such a mess at launch.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Only one comment, I paid $275 for a Z3C last year in June so $400 is just plain asinine.

You misread there. I meant that the Z3C (which is now for $315 including shipping brand new at our favorite Hong Kong seller) has a better design than the Z5C in some ways. The Z5C is for $400 brand new (at the same Hong Kong seller) is still too overpriced...that's still my point. There are better values to be had at that price point now.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

You misread there. I meant that the Z3C (which is now for $315 including shipping brand new at our favorite Hong Kong seller) has a better design than the Z5C in some ways. The Z5C is for $400 brand new (at the same Hong Kong seller) is still too overpriced...that's still my point. There are better values to be had at that price point now.

$400 for a Z5C?? No thanks!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

INPcpRJ.jpg

Taken from my 950. There's alot of grasshoppers out. If I had to guess it's this heat

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
$400 for a Z5C?? No thanks!

Believe it. That price from Hong Kong includes shipping, of course. Used on Swappa is still over $300. If you think that's bad, Best Buy was selling the one i saw for $550...and the US ones don't have a working fingerprint reader either...

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

1) Don't be surprised if i get back a 950 before the G5. The G5 is weird to me...i like it, but am not moved to go out of my way to get it. Same vibe for the 950. Maybe I'm getting older, but the tech isn't as exciting anymore to go through the hoops to try things out.

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

3) The camera from the Maxx continues to annoy me. Such a good package...if only it had OIS...

Posted via Moto Maxx

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Oh, I know what I want to get phone wise...a 950 and a LG G5. Right now, I can get a G5 unlocked for $490 brand new from my favorite Asian site, shipping included. I'm giving it until October or November before I pounds as many other things needed to be dealt with before I upgrade...

G5 is a great phone, but 500$ would be way too much for me to spend. I was never a fan of expensive phones.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I think even if Burnie was the democratic nomination and say he won the presidential bid he would have to convince congress to pass his ideas. Besides I don't think now the US is ready for Bernie's ideas.

Well he wasn't a communist as media tried to present him, I'd say he was a really nice guy with great, but slightly impossible ideas to execute. Bill Maher explained Bernie very well, you should check it on yt.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Woke at 5, off to do some work around weekend house. I plan to have a very long nap when I get back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077