WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I have a question regarding sports.

What country is a professional athlete allowed to compete for in the Olympics? Is it whatever country he or she is a citizen of? What if that person has a dual citizenship?

I know how it goes for football, I assume it's the same for Olympics. It doesn't matter where you were born, it's just about your citizenship which you can change only once. Let's say I'm from Bosnia, and got invited to play fkr Germany, if I accept it, I'll change citizenship, and when I do my first official game for them I can no longer play for any other nation. This rule isn't the same in handball for example, it's a bit more loose.

Same goes for dual, you're stuck with the first team you've played with.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I think that would have a big effect on basketball, baseball and soccer. I'm sure a lot of professionals will compete in those sports. Kyrie Irving already accepted an invitation to play for the US basketball team. Basketball is the only Olympic sport I really follow.

US was more than dominant on last FIBA tournament with far weaker team, it'll be ridicolous to see them play with European teams on next Olympics.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I think that would have a big effect on basketball, baseball and soccer. I'm sure a lot of professionals will compete in those sports. Kyrie Irving already accepted an invitation to play for the US basketball team. Basketball is the only Olympic sport I really follow.

I have this from the IOC

41 Nationality of competitors*

1. Any competitor in the Olympic Games must be a national of the country of the NOC
which is entering such competitor.

2. All matters relating to the determination of the country which a competitor may
represent in the Olympic Games shall be resolved by the IOC Executive Board.
Bye-law to Rule 41

1. A competitor who is a national of two or more countries at the same time may represent either one of them, as he may elect. However, after having represented one country in the Olympic Games, in continental or regional games or in world or regional championships recognised by the relevant IF, he may not represent another country unless he meets the conditions set forth in paragraph 2 below that apply to persons who have changed their nationality or acquired a new nationality.

2. A competitor who has represented one country in the Olympic Games, in continental or regional games or in world or regional championships recognised by the relevant IF, and who has changed his nationality or acquired a new nationality, may participate in the Olympic Games to represent his new country provided that at least three years have passed since the competitor last represented his former country. This period may be reduced or even cancelled, with the agreement of the NOCs and IF concerned, by the IOC Executive Board, which takes into account the circumstances of each case.

3. If an associated State, province or overseas department, a country or colony acquires independence, if a country becomes incorporated within another country by reason 81 Olympic Charter In force as from 2 August 2015 of a change of border, if a country merges with another country, or if a new NOC is recognised by the IOC, a competitor may continue to represent the country to which he belongs or belonged. However, he may, if he prefers, elect to represent his country or be entered in the Olympic Games by his new NOC if one exists. This particular choice may be made only once.

4. Furthermore, in all cases in which a competitor would be eligible to participate in the Olympic Games, either by representing another country than his or by having the choice as to the country which such competitor intends to represent, the IOC Executive Board may take all decisions of a general or individual nature with regard to issues resulting from nationality, citizenship, domicile or residence of any competitor, including the duration of any waiting period.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Bridge in Ljubljana today :)
3436f46e9417101bb3543fc50c6a95ec.jpg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Ibid. That is why I am happy with the 640 and my Nexus 5.

Agreed. It's probably better to keep my Maxx as my primary and have the 950 as a backup and for photography anyways. When it comes down to it, a big battery, Quick Charge and Qi are hard to overlook. On a day like yesterday, i still got a fair amount done on my phone as is...most of these other devices would have died.

Posted via Moto Maxx

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Good morning everyone. Things are crazy as the Irish are in town. Most of the stuff I support is going to go to Ireland so a busy day ahead including dinner. I am going to be scarce today...

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

I remember situations like that when I went to college... some students just don't get certain ideas...

Speaking of SQL server, any suggestions on a good place to learn online?
I've seen a few at Channel 9...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Next four weeks are going to be a blur. Out from Thursday till July 11. Followed by one more week with the Irish colleagues. Then I am off to Minneapolis for work for a week. More family members arrive from overseas on July 12...it is going to be a crazy ride till August 15 and then of course school starts for the kid and potentially a search for a new job....man I can't catch a break this summer!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Next four weeks are going to be a blur. Out from Thursday till July 11. Followed by one more week with the Irish colleagues. Then I am off to Minneapolis for work for a week. More family members arrive from overseas on July 12...it is going to be a crazy ride till August 15 and then of course school starts for the kid and potentially a search for a new job....man I can't catch a break this summer!
Whoa talk about being busy. Man that's great 😊😁

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720