Current iPhone lineup
    12 Mini (personal) and Xr (work issued device)img_20201217_134855.jpeg
    12-17-2020 04:52 PM
    Current iPhone lineup
    12 Mini (personal) and Xr (work issued device)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20201217_134855.jpeg 
Views:	9 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	142825
    Seriously considering the Mini. My time with the Duo reminded me how easy it is to interact with a phone sporting a short deck. I like my 11 Pro Max and its ridiculous battery life so I have to ask, how long do the lights stay on?
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-19-2020 05:16 PM
    Seriously considering the Mini. My time with the Duo reminded me how easy it is to interact with a phone sporting a short deck. I like my 11 Pro Max and its ridiculous battery life so I have to ask, how long do the lights stay on?
    Not very long. About 3 to 4 hours SoT.
    But my regular device is a Pixel 4a 5g which has a ridiculous battery life so...
    12-19-2020 06:10 PM
    12-25-2020 12:00 PM
    Well a lot was going on this year, a lot has changed. We are currently in a lockdown, again. It sucks. Everything is basically closed, masks also outside, can't go far from home. Pretty unhappy with situation, as most people are.

But something good also came out of it. Since summer I'm working at a good company. We make machines for visual inspection in pharmacy. I'm still studying but I only have this one semester until I finish so 2 more months basically. But I'm at work everyday anyway, all lecutres are over internet.
    Hey man, how's life been going? We got a very few coverages about Slovenia regarding COVID, I guess that's a good thing.

You're studying electrical engineering as well, if I remember correctly? Automatisation and stuff like that? Glad to see there are good job opportunities in times like these.
    12-27-2020 04:41 AM
    Just checking in to see how's everyone doing, hope you're all fine.

Life's been very weird for almost the whole past year. Everyone in my house got the virus around the same time, thankfully everyone got out if unharmed, even my 70yo grandmother and grandfather. I had the least symptoms of all of us, so to me it was kind of an easy time.

Not everyone was thay lucky, I know some people that have lost their loved ones due the virus.
    12-27-2020 05:00 AM
    In other news, college is still online, that sucks on so many levels I can not explain. Police hour is back in bussiness, that sucks as well.

I'm kind of tired of the masks, but I know I have to wear one and it would be irresponsible of me not to.

Job opportunities are dying here. Even fields that are blooming right now are taking advantage of the situation, such as pharmacy. They're firing people and cutting their wages by serious margins. So eh, don't know what to think about the future after I get my degree.

Have to learn that German language.
    12-27-2020 05:05 AM
    And I got myself A71. Had it for a couple of months now, no complaints for the price.
    I see reviewers complain about OneUI, I guess they haven't used MIUI. This is by far the best skin I've ever used.
    12-27-2020 05:08 AM
    Hey man, how's life been going? We got a very few coverages about Slovenia regarding COVID, I guess that's a good thing.

You're studying electrical engineering as well, if I remember correctly? Automatisation and stuff like that? Glad to see there are good job opportunities in times like these.
    Nice to hear from you too :D Yeah covid is one thing, we have right side government with mildly said odd decisions about how to handle it. Not really enjoying. But yeah, our company had best year this year, best year ever :) Happy to be a part of that.

I'm studying ribotics for my masters yeah :) I have 2 colleagues from Sarajevo that came to study here. They aren't here now though, because of Covid...
    Rose640, libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-27-2020 05:33 AM
    Anyway, Poco is back home, fixed. Waiting for case from Aliexpress so I can give it to one of the parents, whoever wants it. It is still great phone, celebrating 2 years today actually

Still happy with decision of buying S20 FE though, it is what I wanted all along. Sick phone for the price.
    12-27-2020 05:36 AM
    Here is my tech, some of it new so you probably don't know about it, some not so new and some really old that you guys might remember. Watch is Galaxy Watch, got it with my phone for free so I'm rocking that now, I didn't know I wanted one until I got it.

Headphones are Sony WH-1000XM3 bought from Amazon during black Friday promotion this year, 200€, great price for Europe, XM4 were 330€ so it was no brainer to go for previous generation. Love them, really comfortable.

Laptop is old Lenovo IdeaPad 510s, 4 years old. Replaced 250 gb ssd with 500 GB Samsung 860 EVo one this year because I got it for 50€ so it was no brainer. 250 GB SSD from this went into mom's work laptop which still had old HDD.

And last but not least it is Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 from 2014. Thise were the times I still had Nokia Lumia 820, let that sink in a bit. Can't believe this thing still works. Battery is shot but I only use it it bed for Youtube so I don't really care. Have been thinking about replacing it with iPad for 3 years now probably but I assume I will never get around to it. Phone has big enough screen for me. I never ever thought tablet could last me so long. Also one of the reasons why I was pretty fond of Samsung phone.
    12-27-2020 05:48 AM
    I find that iPhone mini so cute
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-27-2020 05:49 AM
    Nice to hear from you too :D Yeah covid is one thing, we have right side government with mildly said odd decisions about how to handle it. Not really enjoying. But yeah, our company had best year this year, best year ever :) Happy to be a part of that.

I'm studying ribotics for my masters yeah :) I have 2 colleagues from Sarajevo that came to study here. They aren't here now though, because of Covid...
    I know one guy that went to Slovenia for his masters, but this is his first year, not final though.

Yeah, weird decisions, we got plenty of those. I fell you.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-27-2020 05:54 AM
    One thing I didn't mention that happened in 2020 was also a car change. Not mine thouh but father's. Renault Laguna III was gone after 12,5 years and it was replaced by another big French car, 2018 Peugeot 508. Bought used in Germany and brought to Slovenia. 35k km, most of the options, 2.0 BlueHDI 160 HP. First non Renault after 27 years for father, first automatic ever, first time car with addaptive cruise control and lane keeping assistant. It can drive itself basically. Awesome car, we looked at many different stuff but this is the one we liked the most.
    12-27-2020 06:36 AM
    Just checking in to see how's everyone doing, hope you're all fine.

Life's been very weird for almost the whole past year. Everyone in my house got the virus around the same time, thankfully everyone got out if unharmed, even my 70yo grandmother and grandfather. I had the least symptoms of all of us, so to me it was kind of an easy time.

Not everyone was thay lucky, I know some people that have lost their loved ones due the virus.
    Wow I'm sorry that everyone in your house, including you, got the virus. I'm so relieved to hear that y'all on the other side of it now.

Edit: To answer your question, I am doing alright. My work situation hasn't changed, but I am thankful for having work still. I have had a few friends who got the virus, and all are free of it now. My family is good on that front.
    Last edited by libra89; 12-27-2020 at 08:11 PM.
    aximtreo, Rose640 and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-27-2020 07:52 PM
    In other news, college is still online, that sucks on so many levels I can not explain. Police hour is back in bussiness, that sucks as well.

I'm kind of tired of the masks, but I know I have to wear one and it would be irresponsible of me not to.

Job opportunities are dying here. Even fields that are blooming right now are taking advantage of the situation, such as pharmacy. They're firing people and cutting their wages by serious margins. So eh, don't know what to think about the future after I get my degree.

Have to learn that German language.
    Oh no, that's unfortunate about the job situation there (and also the police situation too). I feel that. I really hope that it will improve before you graduate.
    Rose640 and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-27-2020 07:53 PM
    And I got myself A71. Had it for a couple of months now, no complaints for the price.
    I see reviewers complain about OneUI, I guess they haven't used MIUI. This is by far the best skin I've ever used.
    Nicee! I'm glad to hear that it is working for you. I have heard that it is a nice phone. I really liked OneUI. I feel like the ones who don't like it are just particular.
    12-27-2020 07:55 PM
    Anyway, Poco is back home, fixed. Waiting for case from Aliexpress so I can give it to one of the parents, whoever wants it. It is still great phone, celebrating 2 years today actually

Still happy with decision of buying S20 FE though, it is what I wanted all along. Sick phone for the price.
    Wow. I'm amazed that you have already had for 2 years! That's a long time. I'm sure that it will be enjoyed.

Yay! It sounds like you have a true phone win. I have really heard that it is a good phone, and well balanced. I think 99 had it at a point too.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-27-2020 07:57 PM
    Went for another small 4 mile hike yesterday. Weather is supposed to be rainy and a bit of snow tomorrow.
    tw2mbm.jpeg20201226_145305.jpeg20201226_143752.jpeg
    12-28-2020 12:23 AM
    One thing I didn't mention that happened in 2020 was also a car change. Not mine thouh but father's. Renault Laguna III was gone after 12,5 years and it was replaced by another big French car, 2018 Peugeot 508. Bought used in Germany and brought to Slovenia. 35k km, most of the options, 2.0 BlueHDI 160 HP. First non Renault after 27 years for father, first automatic ever, first time car with addaptive cruise control and lane keeping assistant. It can drive itself basically. Awesome car, we looked at many different stuff but this is the one we liked the most.
    [IMG=1008x756]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201227/6d28497de6b1f87bc3f72ab59da930da.jpg[/url][IMG=1008x756]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201227/d2569c430c3677b2ff22159dfbe3716c.jpg[/url][IMG=1008x756]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201227/77cbe4bfe8afb2995c686e8f3ca53f30.jpg[/url][IMG=1008x756]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201227/3f2ce6c691c256233bf6c7af54e74c98.jpg[/url][IMG=1008x756]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201227/21abdba06ee17c92b061274026f7ad94.jpg[/url]
    French manufacturers really stepped up their game lately. Their cars look absolutely gorgeous from outside.

Car's pretty much new, was it a good deal? And also you get no import taxes, right?

Anyway, congratulations and best of luck with the car!
    12-28-2020 07:39 AM
    Wow I'm sorry that everyone in your house, including you, got the virus. I'm so relieved to hear that y'all on the other side of it now.

Edit: To answer your question, I am doing alright. My work situation hasn't changed, but I am thankful for having work still. I have had a few friends who got the virus, and all are free of it now. My family is good on that front.
    The elders were the critical ones, they really had the toughest of times. But yeah, we're all good now.

I said this to my friends and relatives, bad companies and employers were saved by corona. Even if people wanted to change jobs they probably had to stick to what they've already got.

Good thing you still have the job and you're all fine. Hoping it stays that way.
    12-28-2020 07:44 AM
    Nicee! I'm glad to hear that it is working for you. I have heard that it is a nice phone. I really liked OneUI. I feel like the ones who don't like it are just particular.
    I thought I wouldn't like it because of its size, but it really isn't that bigger than my previous 6'' Redmi.

I was going for S10+ or S20+ at first, but decided to save money. Considering the situation, I just wasn't ready to spend that much money.
    12-28-2020 07:56 AM
    The elders were the critical ones, they really had the toughest of times. But yeah, we're all good now.

I said this to my friends and relatives, bad companies and employers were saved by corona. Even if people wanted to change jobs they probably had to stick to what they've already got.

Good thing you still have the job and you're all fine. Hoping it stays that way.
    Aww okay.

Thank you! I am still seeking and applying for opportunities to use my earned degree. Opportunities are still coming out, but it isn't at the levels before the pandemic hit. Work is only hiring for critical positions so I can't move up at the moment.
    aximtreo, Rose640 and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-28-2020 11:24 AM
    I thought I wouldn't like it because of its size, but it really isn't that bigger than my previous 6'' Redmi.

I was going for S10+ or S20+ at first, but decided to save money. Considering the situation, I just wasn't ready to spend that much money.
    That makes sense. Wow, you have found the perfect balance then! That's awesome.
    12-28-2020 11:26 AM
    Went for another small 4 mile hike yesterday. Weather is supposed to be rainy and a bit of snow tomorrow.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	-tw2mbm.jpeg 
Views:	5 
Size:	197.5 KB 
ID:	142838Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201226_145305.jpeg 
Size:	160.4 KB 
ID:	142839Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201226_143752.jpeg 
Size:	131.3 KB 
ID:	142840
    So beautiful! Wow at snow.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-28-2020 11:27 AM
157,436 ... 62936294629562966297 ...