One small silver lining is that Slobodan Milosevic is as dead as Generalissimo Francisco Franco (that's a Chevy Chase joke, I wouldn't expect anyone under 50 to get it).
    I know who Franco is, learned a bit about him in school as well on my own. Reason I know a thing or two about him is because of football lol. Barcelona wasn't allowed to beat Real Madrid back when he was the, well, ruler? Not a president really.

Anyway, yes, he's dead, but I'd rather see him live a long life behind bars paying a fraction of what his regime has done.

But trust me, him around or not, there's still so much hate on all sides.
    04-20-2021 01:30 PM
    It may be a little of both. Hybrids are different from EVs in that they have a gas engine and use batteries to complement so the battery packs are significantly smaller. EVs like Tesla and others are full-bore electrics and have massive battery packs. If a Prius gets into a bad enough wreck where the fuel tank or a fuel line is ruptured you would likely have a fire just like any other car. Happens all the time so it wouldn't get the same press. There was a case down here in SoFla last year where an attorney was trapped in his Tesla when it caught fire after a minor fender bender but the electrical system went kaput and he was locked in his car and tragically died in the subsequent fire. The moral of the story is if you're going to get one of these fancy golf carts, get a convertible.
    From what I've seen from the reviews, Tesla is great as a new technology, but lacks a lot as a modern car.
    libra89 likes this.
    04-20-2021 01:34 PM
    Wow. It sounds like they will have a limited pool to play against. What's the point (imo)?
    Also, forgot to mention, these 12 clubs have more than 2 billion dollars debt combined. This is not 'saving football', this is saving their as**.

Just go through Real Madrid's or Barcelona's investments in the last 15 years, you'll quickly come to a conclusion as to why is this happening.

Young player, having a good season? And he's 20yo?? Well boy oh boy, he must be worth 120mil euros.
    A guy with an expired contract, that means no extra fees to the current club, well here's 20mil€/month for you plus bonuses.
    libra89 likes this.
    04-21-2021 05:08 AM
    And people have the nerve to call out clubs like Bayern for not stepping up their investment game. No 20yo is worth 120mil €.

A note to be taken, football is one of the highest payed sports out there, but there's not as many lucrative deals as there are in NBA or NFL.
    The only stupidly huge deal that made it's way to the public is that of Messi, and it's some $670mil/4 years.
    libra89 likes this.
    04-21-2021 05:14 AM
    Nobody believed the '90s war would happen.
    Nobody thought Trump would happen either.
    Rose640 and libra89 like this.
    04-21-2021 08:47 AM
    Nobody thought Trump would happen either.
    Yet, he did.

The worst part is that the history tends to repeat itself.
    fatclue_98 and libra89 like this.
    04-21-2021 09:44 AM
    Yet, he did.

The worst part is that the history tends to repeat itself.
    We're living it right now - the 1918 Flu. As for Agent Orange, I'm praying for just one felony tax conviction so he won't be an issue in 2024.
    Rose640 and libra89 like this.
    04-21-2021 02:25 PM
    And people have the nerve to call out clubs like Bayern for not stepping up their investment game. No 20yo is worth 120mil €.

A note to be taken, football is one of the highest payed sports out there, but there's not as many lucrative deals as there are in NBA or NFL.
    The only stupidly huge deal that made it's way to the public is that of Messi, and it's some $670mil/4 years.
    Wow! I wasn't aware of Leo's contract, that is stupidly insane. I thought some of the recent baseball deals were crazy but they are for 3 times longer than that monstrosity. Mike Trout - $426M/12 years, Giancarlo Stanton $325M/13 years (that one was signed in2014!). If only I hadn't blown my knee out in junior high.
    libra89 and Rose640 like this.
    04-21-2021 02:34 PM
    Post vaccination first outing.
    Actually it was a doctor appointment about 80 miles away. Reached early so enjoyed a latte and the view of the Newport Beach harbor.
    pxl_20210421_163128532.jpg
    aximtreo and libra89 like this.
    04-21-2021 11:26 PM
    TIL that a succulent in our yard can yield beautiful flowers. Hopefully in a year or two we'll see these pretty flowers.

Pictures are courtesy of the Pixel 4a 5G. Finally off the Samsung wagon.
    pxl_20210421_163110533.jpg
    libra89 likes this.
    04-21-2021 11:28 PM
    Device wise I sold off my S20 FE and switched to the Pixel 4a 5G.

Need to sell my S21 (since it stays in my drawer) and a Pixel 4a LTE.

And a few other Xiaomi devices as well.
    libra89 likes this.
    04-21-2021 11:29 PM
    Post vaccination first outing.
    Actually it was a doctor appointment about 80 miles away. Reached early so enjoyed a latte and the view of the Newport Beach harbor.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210421_163128532.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	123.0 KB 
ID:	142984
    Beautiful!
    04-22-2021 08:42 AM
    Is this the only active thread left in this forum?
    This and the post your purchase thread are! You should say more here.
    aximtreo likes this.
    04-22-2021 08:46 AM
    So I went to a Nationals game recently and aside from being cold, it was good. The mask enforcement was good and the safety precautions were solid. Seats are spaced out very well.
    worldspy99, aximtreo and Rose640 like this.
    04-22-2021 09:14 AM
    I was planning to buy the 12 mini originally but I wouldn't have guessed that they would release it in purple. I like it in purple actually, so it seems like it paid off to wait it out even though I was forced to

Now I'm curious though, for y'all that got a 12 (regular, pro, or mini), did you get a new brick? I feel like I should do that at the minimum. I'm also considering another cable for car usage.

Edit: I decided to just get a brick for now, since it doesn't come with one. I'll just deal with having "slow" chargers for a while.
    Last edited by libra89; 04-22-2021 at 11:31 PM.
    04-22-2021 12:39 PM
    Also, heads up to any of y'all wanting new windows. Go for it, but be prepared to wait for many weeks. Mine finally came a few weeks ago, but I'm a door short (they miscalculated) and I am waiting for that. I'm really hoping that it will not take another month, as it took a whole quarter of the year and some to get to this point.
    04-22-2021 12:47 PM
    Just learned that we will be returning to working on site every work day in less than 3 months. Since the start of this year, we have been doing 2 days on site. The adjustment will be real. I wonder how that's going in other areas. Also, I'm close to reaching the point of full vaccination but we still have to test 2x a week so I haven't shared any data with work about my status.

And I believe this is my last post drop in a row for now.
    Rose640 likes this.
    04-22-2021 12:56 PM
    Wow! I wasn't aware of Leo's contract, that is stupidly insane. I thought some of the recent baseball deals were crazy but they are for 3 times longer than that monstrosity. Mike Trout - $426M/12 years, Giancarlo Stanton $325M/13 years (that one was signed in2014!). If only I hadn't blown my knee out in junior high.
    Yeah, his deal is huge, I think 80% of Barcelona's budget goes to the player sales. Just very very bad decisions.

Cristiano Ronaldo's deal in Juventus is also huge, but not fully public. Because of him, the FCA (Fiat to be precise) had to lower their workers' wages since they're the ones paying for it.

And how the hell does someone sign a 12 year deal? Now that's a commitment.
    04-23-2021 03:41 AM
    There are other threads also which should have some regular activity in them but sadly we don't get to see that now. Fortunately, this place is active and other threads will get active in time as well.
    This place used to be very active once upon a time. I guess Windows Phones dying out took it's toll.
    aximtreo and libra89 like this.
    04-23-2021 04:15 AM
    Just learned that we will be returning to working on site every work day in less than 3 months. Since the start of this year, we have been doing 2 days on site. The adjustment will be real. I wonder how that's going in other areas. Also, I'm close to reaching the point of full vaccination but we still have to test 2x a week so I haven't shared any data with work about my status.

And now the vaccine will be required for everyone (students, staff and faculty) for the next semester. I have mixed feelings. I guess technically, you can be let go for not having it, unless you have a special circumstance that will enable you to work not on site. This will be interesting to see how this goes.
    aximtreo likes this.
    04-23-2021 01:09 PM

Wait, you'll have to test even though you already got your shots? What's the point?
    libra89 likes this.
    04-25-2021 06:10 AM
    Hey guys. Just came to say hi. I have some news about my professional path. On 1st of May I will start working as full time employee. It is the same company that I started working last summer. I like it, I'm doing my masters work there and since I will have my lunch and transport paid I will get more money at the end of the month. Pay isn't amazing but good enough for first employment.
    aximtreo, Rose640 and libra89 like this.
    04-25-2021 06:17 AM
    I'm pretty happy with my S20 FE although battery isn't full day for me but I do have BT always on, 120Hz mode on etc. So I top it up a bit when I get home.
    Poco is now at my father, it replaced LG K80 2017. Poco still going strong.
    Just 2 weeks ago replaced Nokia 5 of my mother with Motorola One Fusion Plus. Amazing piece of tech for 200€. I adore it and it reminded me how much I miss moto features.
    Rose640, libra89 and raycpl like this.
    04-25-2021 06:20 AM
    As for cars, fathers Peugeot 508 II is going strong. Love the car, the tech in it. Automatic with self driving is amazing to have.
    Clio IV is also still here, mostly driven by me, going well.
    VW Up is also here but it is now starting to do VW thing which is rusting so this will probably got sold this year. And since I'm the actual owner I will be probably buying something newer. Mostly leaning towards Megane IV or current Ford Focus.
    aximtreo, libra89 and raycpl like this.
    04-25-2021 06:24 AM
    Hey guys. Just came to say hi. I have some news about my professional path. On 1st of May I will start working as full time employee. It is the same company that I started working last summer. I like it, I'm doing my masters work there and since I will have my lunch and transport paid I will get more money at the end of the month. Pay isn't amazing but good enough for first employment.
    Not good enough as in for an engineer or for Slovene (Ljubljana standard for example, Maribor, idk, you get the point) standards in general?

I'll be (that is I should be, should everything go according to my plans) in similar waters by the end of September, so I'm just feeling out the situation.
    libra89 and Sport Driver like this.
    04-25-2021 01:25 PM
157,610 ... 63006301630263036304 ...