WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Clouds are nice and add drama.

The summer hasn't been that great though. Saying that, this is the UK. It's virtually impossible to avoid clouds. We sit at the top of the jet steam. It's rare to have a cloudless day.
I always liked clouds. We hardly have clouds during the summer months here in nor cal. ☺

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Yeah I hear you.

Yesterday when I was in London there was a protest building on Southbank for #blacklivesmatter.

This is around 7pm, lots of people around having dinner, etc. not exactly a protest spot. I have nothing against protest and I know the UK isn't perfect in a lot of ways, especially recently, but in a way it felt more like a social media stunt rather than anything meaningful. Lots of smartphones taking video.

This goes along with what you're saying. People get all fire up then it will die off, waiting for the next thing to happen...

I'm often left wondering if the will to fight has simply left the populace. We seem so placid. I guess the politicians and media have finally did it. An easily controlled population...
That's actually kinda scary when you put it like that :/

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Came back from swimming. I'm hungry as a wolf. Hand't had a proper breakfast, not to mention that all we had was some chips, they only make me hungrier.
Forgot to take pics, I'll make sure I do if I go again tommorow.
No pictures of the water fall :p?

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Well today was full of training and the policy's of the store. Kinda of a drag to learn about it since it take forever to get through. I still have to finish it om Monday 😛

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well today was full of training and the policy's of the store. Kinda of a drag to learn about it since it take forever to get through. I still have to finish it om Monday 😛
You have it easy. Try working in a large company on a large project. The amount of reading you have to do is crazy.

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That's actually kinda scary when you put it like that :/
I know I pick on sports a lot but I'll use it as an example. Most people know more about their favourite sports and sports people than they do about the party they vote for or what they represent.

That statement can be added to those who follow celebrities and so on.

I simply think people feel completely powerless about the political system and we've more or less given up as corporations have more control than the people do.

A revolution is needed but putting food on a plate and paying your bills is more important. Having 'fun' to distract yourself from all the stresses of life is what TV and the rest does. Though I sometimes wonder if it just adds to our life stresses.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Anyway enough with life philosophies.

My wife is still stressed over the Britexit thing. We really don't have an issue but she wants a backup plan anyway.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I don't know how many have been following the Britexit thing but I can tell you it's already affected my wife's work and has even caused us issues with trying to complete some of the work on our house. You wouldn't believe the type of language my wife has heard from some of the trades people.

Yes the UK does have a race issue.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I know I pick on sports a lot but I'll use it as an example. Most people know more about their favourite sports and sports people than they do about the party they vote for or what they represent.

That statement can be added to those who follow celebrities and so on.

I simply think people feel completely powerless about the political system and we've more or less given up as corporations have more control than the people do.

A revolution is needed but putting food on a plate and paying your bills is more important. Having 'fun' to distract yourself from all the stresses of life is what TV and the rest does. Though I sometimes wonder if it just adds to our life stresses.
Totally agree! And (here in the U.S. anyway) that's exactly what they (the government.. or should I say the big corporations that own the government and this country) want.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

The GF is really starting to hate the fact that I work all day Sat and Sunday... The money is good though... but is it really worth it? Idk.......

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

No pictures of the water fall :p?

I was too busy scanning all those ladies, lol.
I'm not going there today, obviously, I won't go tommorow either. Dad and I are working on a gates at the weekend house. I have to spend some quality time with him if I want to go that Beer Fest.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Anyway enough with life philosophies.

My wife is still stressed over the Britexit thing. We really don't have an issue but she wants a backup plan anyway.

Well, that seems logical. It doesn't affect you now, but as many other things tied to brexit, you just don't know what's going to happen in near future. I'm sure my folks would make such a thing if found in same situation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3