Haven't posted in a while myself.

School's been as good as it gets. All courses passed and a really good GPA.
    As a matter of fact, I choose not to register a grade in one course, to have it a bit higher. So kind of greedy, but I want to work in a part of industry where grades do carry a sort of significance.

Hopefully I persist in this lol.
    aximtreo, libra89, raycpl and 1 others like this.
    02-28-2022 03:59 AM
    Other than that, no job yet. Haven't been hunting for one to be honest.

Was supposed to get a really, really good one 2 months ago, but nothing yet, still waiting.
    I'll give it some more time since it's worth the wait (the money I'd get during a practice period, which is max 1 year, is 2 average wages in my country, not too shabby).

If nothing happens, I'll just move on. I'm still not in a desperate need of money, thankfully.
    libra89, raycpl and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-28-2022 04:03 AM
    Also my English went to s***. Haven't been either speaking or writing it in months, now it comes a bit of a struggle.
    aximtreo and libra89 like this.
    02-28-2022 04:05 AM
    Been following the whole Antiwork thing in US lately.
    While the anarchist anti-work stance comes a bit off to me, the most backed up idea from the movement seemed more than legit. Bascially a living wage at least and normal work conditions.
    What I'm trying to say here is, do you really think there's a labour shortage, or just a shortage of fair wages and work conditions?

I'm honestly curious. Because that's what we've had here for the past 5-10 years or so.
    I think it's a myriad of things but the biggest issue is the cost of living. Particularly the cost of domicile. Wages, for WHATEVER the reason, have been fairly stagnant for some time now but rents have skyrocketed and real estate is beyond insane. People are simply leaving the large metropolitan areas for cheaper housing elsewhere and it's leaving a huge void in the workplace. I don't know what role Covid-19 played in all this since I believe the problem was rearing its head prior to 2020.
    Rose640, aximtreo and libra89 like this.
    03-01-2022 12:08 PM
    I think it's a myriad of things but the biggest issue is the cost of living. Particularly the cost of domicile. Wages, for WHATEVER the reason, have been fairly stagnant for some time now but rents have skyrocketed and real estate is beyond insane. People are simply leaving the large metropolitan areas for cheaper housing elsewhere and it's leaving a huge void in the workplace. I don't know what role Covid-19 played in all this since I believe the problem was rearing its head prior to 2020.
    As I've heard from someone already, the real big issues started years ago, but were just amplifed and sped up during covid times. I can agree with that.

I've seen comparisons of wages to real estate costs, from back in the 60s and now. Lol. Not even comparable. Not even in the same league.

Production has gone up, profits have gone up, inflation has gone up, wages kind of went up, but stopped following previously mentioned years ago.

We started having this problem some years prior to covid. Basically, there kind of is open job opportunities, but it's so bad that people choose rather to stay unemployed or, even more popular, just leave the country.

Imagine the shock on the rich. They're not willing to work for 10% of what they'd get in Germany? Trully shocking.
    libra89, raycpl and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-01-2022 04:11 PM
    Note to myself, when running a roomba, make sure to double or even triple check to make sure to pick up all mice glue traps. What a mess!!!
    03-09-2022 09:18 PM
    So glad it's Friday!
    me just saying and libra89 like this.
    03-11-2022 03:02 PM
    heard the first sounds of spring today, unfortunately it was my doing - lawn mower, weedeater, and blower...
    Laura Knotek and raycpl like this.
    04-02-2022 03:37 PM
    Note to myself, when running a roomba, make sure to double or even triple check to make sure to pick up all mice glue traps. What a mess!!!
    I caught a mouse last week, but he was in the old fashioned snap trap. I think those still work the best.
    04-03-2022 12:47 AM
    I have a co-worker who has a part time job at a bbq joint. That business wrote her a hot paycheck. She went to filed a police report but they told her it was a civil matter. I always wonder why it is a civil matter when a business rips you off but if you ripped off a business, it is criminal. Laws can be so unfair at times.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    07-14-2022 07:17 PM
    my town finally made the big times, we are finally getting a Domino's pizza :-) Now if only we get a Burger King.
    07-22-2022 04:07 PM
    The parking lot is a mess at work. We have to pay for a parking pass, and they've removed several spaces. Grrr....
    08-23-2022 01:28 PM
    my town finally made the big times, we are finally getting a Domino's pizza :-) Now if only we get a Burger King.
    When I was a kid, our town had 1 stoplight and we got a McD's my freshman year of highschool. Kids were literally camped out over night. I would have loved it if it was a BurgerKing instead!
    08-23-2022 03:04 PM
    Hello! I do prefer BurgerKing's burgers, but McD's fries are the BEST!
    09-22-2022 02:49 PM
157,764 ... 630963106311