I never use this...
    it felt awkward when first using the "x". Now, I mostly use it. To each his own, I suppose...
    11-07-2013 12:18 AM
    Well, off to bed. Will stop by again during my AM commute...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-07-2013 12:19 AM
    it felt awkward when first using the "x". Now, I mostly use it. To each his own, I suppose...
    What is stupid is that it has been over 2 years and 3 WP devices since I have used my Palm Pre Plus, and when I go to that screen I still try to "flick up" to close open apps or web pages like I did on WebOS. Old habits do die hard.
    Laura Knotek and MSFTisMIA like this.
    11-07-2013 12:32 AM
    @Laura, are you rocking the nightshift mostly these days? Been a while since I've seen you on the graveyard side of this thread...
    I was busy the past couple days, since I was setting up my new laptop.
    11-07-2013 12:32 AM
    What is stupid is that it has been over 2 years and 3 WP devices since I have used my Palm Pre Plus, and when I go to that screen I still try to "flick up" to close open apps or web pages like I did on WebOS. Old habits do die hard.
    webOS is the only platform I've never even played with in a store. I wish I would've tried it, since so many people seem to have liked it.
    snowmutt likes this.
    11-07-2013 12:35 AM
    Please, no Akon in this thread.
    but but but akon is awesome
    11-07-2013 12:39 AM
    Agreed :P
    well I disagree !
    11-07-2013 12:39 AM
    but but but akon is awesome
    What is Akon?
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    11-07-2013 12:43 AM
    So I disappear for the day and the place goes to hell in a hand basket...who let sahib and BP into the cabinets where we locked away the sugar, cake and trip?
    you want to know how I did it ...... its quiet simple actually while I knew lazer was on guard so I teamed up with bp and we made a plan. we knew lazer wasn't going to be on guard during 10 am so we fought our way against ninja cats and we fought long and hard and then we had to jump over lasers and flying cows and dolphins and then BUM BUM BUM it was deadpool so I fought him one on one I used my super awesome powers and over took dead pool while bp fought a fighting snowflake then out of no were a killer dog and a walking cruz came out and we also fought them THEN finally we reached the cabinet where the good stuff was hidden!
    snowmutt likes this.
    11-07-2013 12:46 AM
    What is Akon?
    akon is a rap/hip-hop artist that came out around 2003 his single loney was the song that got him to be noticed ( the song that I posted here :P)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-07-2013 12:48 AM
    webOS is the only platform I've never even played with in a store. I wish I would've tried it, since so many people seem to have liked it.
    I wish i didn't have such emphasis on iOS, i should have looked at webOS and Windows Phone during 2010 and 2011. :)
    Laura Knotek and snowmutt like this.
    11-07-2013 12:48 AM
    Maybe that was the problem...they broke in because they knew you weren't on guard...
    * snickers*
    11-07-2013 12:49 AM
    akon is a rap/hip-hop artist that came out around 2003 his single loney was the song that got him to be noticed ( the song that I posted here :P)
    Never heard of akon, and i probably don't want to. :P

I'm not a fan of rap/hip-hop.
    11-07-2013 12:49 AM
    Well who was then? :P
    It was someone from the unknown o.o
    11-07-2013 12:50 AM
    Never heard of akon, and i probably don't want to. :P

I'm not a fan of rap/hip-hop.
    hes a singer I think I would like his trouble album and maybe his freedom one
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-07-2013 12:51 AM
    Someone who has a lot of explaining to do...
    * snickers even more*
    11-07-2013 12:51 AM
    hes a singer I think I would like his trouble album and maybe his freedom one
    Yeah, still, my prefered genre's are completely different.
    11-07-2013 12:54 AM
    It was a fun OS. The gestures on it were very easy to learn, and they all worked off a sensor on the bottom of the screen. So unlike BB10, they all originated from one point on the bottom of the touch screen, so it became second nature quickly. Also, the portrait slider is my all time favorite form factor. Most every device I owned was a portrait slider.

But it was on among the worst hardware ever. Stupid thing only loaded a web page every other time. Very sluggish. The keyboard needed to be bigger as well. And it was so unsupported.

But, dang I loved it........
    Laura Knotek, LMZR and MSFTisMIA like this.
    11-07-2013 12:55 AM
    Yeah, still, my prefered genre's are completely different.
    mine is old school rap/ hiphop but I still try to be open to new genres because I helps me get what the type of things are in peoples minds now :P
    snowmutt likes this.
    11-07-2013 12:55 AM
    all I can say is it was a dog that let us in hint hint
    snowmutt likes this.
    11-07-2013 12:56 AM
    well time to go to sleep I've over stayed my welcome good night all and you should read how me and BP reached the goodies
    Laura Knotek and snowmutt like this.
    11-07-2013 12:57 AM
    I wish i didn't have such emphasis on iOS, i should have looked at webOS and Windows Phone during 2010 and 2011. :)
    You may have liked the OS's, but those were some rough years. Those "pre-Mango" WP's were pretty barren of features. And like I said above, WebOS was among the worst supported OS's ever to be an OS. Palm just had nothing left in the coffers by the time they released WebOS.

Looking back, it is amazing to think how far WP has come. Somehow, MS has made vast upgrades in the OS and done a great job at keeping the ease of use and seamless operation intact. Earlier this year, I did a "Best and Worst" of WP7 devices, and was happily surprised to look at all the WP7 device forums and realize just how few major issues and bad devices there were.

So far, WP8 has been shakier at launch, but the fixes have been coming and overall MS has done nothing but build a winner. Improve XBOX music, make sure all existing devices get WP 8.1 to prove they are serious about support, and I think we here at WPC will have an OS to brag about for a long, long time.
    Laura Knotek, LMZR and MSFTisMIA like this.
    11-07-2013 01:06 AM
    all I can say is it was a dog that let us in hint hint
    Hmmm....

Don't mind me, I am propping this door open. No, don't worry, nothing to see here. Move along, move along....
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-07-2013 01:09 AM
    Wednesday, that means tomorrow is Friday.

Friday, Friday, let's all sing along with Rebecca!

Edit: Thursday, usually Friday comes after Thursday. I should probably go home and sleep another few hours.
    Laura Knotek, N_LaRUE and LMZR like this.
    11-07-2013 01:23 AM
    Wednesday, that means tomorrow is Friday.

Friday, Friday, let's all sing along with Rebecca!

Edit: Thursday, usually Friday comes after Thursday. I should probably go home and sleep another few hours.
    Rebecca Black quotes on a Thursday? Forshame!
    11-07-2013 01:30 AM
144,469 ... 632633634635636 ...