We'll see if Stephen King's Insomnia gives me insomnia. I just got the eBook from my library.
    I started to read what's happening in the book on Wikipedia just to check if I know it, then I realized they will explain the story until the end. So I stopped as I don't know the book. I'm looking forward to your opinion whether I should read it or not :)

...there are times I suffer from severe insomnia, and you start to see things differently, however I have never seen something unexplainable. ;-) At the moment it's not that bad though.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-18-2013 01:52 AM
    I started to read what's happening in the book on Wikipedia just to check if I know it, then I realized they will explain the story until the end. So I stopped as I don't know the book. I'm looking forward to your opinion whether I should read it or not :)

...there are times I suffer from severe insomnia, and you start to see things differently, however I have never seen something unexplainable. ;-) At the moment it's not that bad though.
    I will let you know how I like it once I finish reading it, and I will not spoil it by telling what happens.
    Chregu likes this.
    11-18-2013 02:02 AM
    I haven't read anything from Mr. King for sometime.

I'm only sleeping horribly due to the pain I have currently. I keep waking up with it. Not very pleasant.
    11-18-2013 02:16 AM
    I will let you know how I like it once I finish reading it, and I will not spoil it by telling what happens.
    Its a good book - Admittedly I read it when I was a lot younger but can still remember a lot of it vividly so it must count for something
    Chregu likes this.
    11-18-2013 02:25 AM
    Morning all.

Laura has got me thinking now about Stephen King books - trying to think which is the best one of his that I read. Probably The Talisman, as its the only one of his books I have read more than twice.
    11-18-2013 02:29 AM
    I'm planning on re-reading The Dark Tower series again as that was a long time ago. I had the first three books and they went missing on me.

I've read a few King books but I can't remember them all.
    11-18-2013 02:48 AM
    I'm planning on re-reading The Dark Tower series again as that was a long time ago. I had the first three books and they went missing on me.

I've read a few King books but I can't remember them all.
    Never actually read the Dark Tower series. Read the majority of his others though between the ages of 11 and 20 - then went on a long Terry Pratchett run with almost all his books and graduated to Clive Barker for my Horror fix.
    11-18-2013 03:08 AM
    I have pulled something in my neck. :\

if i look to the left, i get this stinging pain. :(
    11-18-2013 03:14 AM
    I have pulled something in my neck. :\

if i look to the left, i get this stinging pain. :(
    Take some ibuprofen and have a good sleep. A couple of days and all will be fine. :)
    LMZR likes this.
    11-18-2013 03:20 AM
    Never actually read the Dark Tower series. Read the majority of his others though between the ages of 11 and 20 - then went on a long Terry Pratchett run with almost all his books and graduated to Clive Barker for my Horror fix.
    I was reading the wiki on The Dark Tower, it apparently links several of his books and short stories together. I remember the first book being very bizzare but then it got better but I stopped reading it after my books went missing. Always meant to read it again. Now I have the ebooks I'll get around to it, hopefully.
    11-18-2013 03:22 AM
    Take some ibuprofen and have a good sleep. A couple of days and all will be fine. :)
    I might try that.
    11-18-2013 03:32 AM
    I might try that.
    You're young, you'll be fine. Just remember to take it with food as it's an anti-inflammatory.
    11-18-2013 03:35 AM
    I started to read the Dark Tower, I think I made it until half of the second book. I just didn't get into it, mostly because the protagonist was just not likable. If I don't like the most important person, and even more importantly don't care about him, then I see no sense in reading the book.

I loved the Terry Pratchett books I have read, but I have read only 3 or 4.
    martinmc78 likes this.
    11-18-2013 06:17 AM
    I started to read the Dark Tower, I think I made it until half of the second book. I just didn't get into it, mostly because the protagonist was just not likable. If I don't like the most important person, and even more importantly don't care about him, then I see no sense in reading the book.

I loved the Terry Pratchett books I have read, but I have read only 3 or 4.
    The Dark Tower series is actually one book over several books. It's typical King writing with a lot of past flashbacks. I remember finding the first two hard to get through but the third was better. I plan to give a go again anyway.

I need read some Pratchett as everyone keeps saying how good the books are.
    martinmc78 likes this.
    11-18-2013 06:38 AM
    The Dark Tower series is actually one book over several books. It's typical King writing with a lot of past flashbacks. I remember finding the first two hard to get through but the third was better. I plan to give a go again anyway.

I need read some Pratchett as everyone keeps saying how good the books are.
    Definitely give some Pratchett a read im pretty stoic at the best of times but some of Pratchetts books have made me laugh out loud on public transport.. Would recommend some of his earlier books though pre 2007 while his latest work is still really good its not got the humour it used to have.
    Chregu likes this.
    11-18-2013 06:52 AM
    We are talking about reading in a tech forum. We should be discussing Angry Birds, Instagram and Justin Bieber!
    sahib lopez likes this.
    11-18-2013 06:56 AM
    We are talking about reading in a tech forum. We should be discussing Angry Birds, Instagram and Justin Bieber!
    Angry Birds is for kids; Instagram is for kids; Bieber is still a kid.

Did that do the trick?
    martinmc78 likes this.
    11-18-2013 06:58 AM
    Morning folks. I'm one week closer to thanksgiving week...which means I'm free from work that week...
    11-18-2013 06:59 AM
    Its good to unplug every once in a while and lose yourself in the pages of a good book. Cant be tech all the time we aren't machines.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    11-18-2013 07:06 AM
    I haven't really read any Pratchett or King. I do remember seeing a book cover by King where a person was slowly turning into a cow. Weird.
    11-18-2013 07:08 AM
    Morning folks. I'm one week closer to thanksgiving week...which means I'm free from work that week...
    Morning - Being a New Yorker are you a Giants or Jets fan - or not into football? (in which case this will be a short conversation)
    BIGPADDY, MSFTisMIA and N_LaRUE like this.
    11-18-2013 07:08 AM
    Angry Birds is for kids; Instagram is for kids; Bieber is still a kid.

Did that do the trick?
    like baby, baby, baby
    11-18-2013 07:11 AM
    Its good to unplug every once in a while and lose yourself in the pages of a good book. Cant be tech all the time we aren't machines.
    Who says where not machines? O_O
    11-18-2013 07:11 AM
    I have to catch up on my reading, however I prefer reading off my phone because it remembers what page im on.
    11-18-2013 07:12 AM
    Morning - Being a New Yorker are you a Giants or Jets fan - or not into football? (in which case this will be a short conversation)
    I'm a Giants fan by transplant. I cheer loudly for the NYJets twice a year - whenever they play the Patriots. I'm originally a Jaguars fan - simply because when I stared watching the NFL on cable in Jamaica, I had to teach myself the game and I liked what the Jags were doing at the time (always liked rooting for the upstarts), and we would get a lot of Jags games. It's easy to root for the Giants because ex Jags coach Tom Coughlin is in charge. Jets...i watch their games though, but I couldn't get behind them for some reason, except for when they play the Pats.
    11-18-2013 07:12 AM
144,464 ... 669670671672673 ...