11-18-2013 12:48 PM
    BIGPADDY will receive a defective ps4. :P
    That why there warranty!
    11-18-2013 12:49 PM
    That why there warranty!
    And you'll get the replacement or repair two weeks after that! Jk. :P
    11-18-2013 12:49 PM
    And you'll get the replacement or repair two weeks after that! Jk. :P
    That why I pick shopto there warranty is one year and will instantly replace the console and pick up the broken one at the same time.
    11-18-2013 12:52 PM
    That why I pick shopto there warranty is one year and will instantly replace the console and pick up the broken one at the same time.
    And if they have no stock, what will happen? That's what I'm worried about, if I receive a defective xbox one.
    11-18-2013 12:53 PM
    ehhhhh its not the I didn't learn it its just I never did understand it that is why im not a science major
    Okay, I was shocked there for a moment. Actually it's very easy. I know, you probably aren't interested in this, but it is really easy.

Let's take a meter as an example. A meter is just a measure, like a foot or a mile. Of course it is scientifically defined, but this doesn't really interest us non-physicists. We have a meter and that's it, we don't have anything else to measure length.

Of course, it would be uncomfortable to always have to write: "I traveled 100 000 meters" or "A bacterium is 0.000001 meter" and therefore we take the decimal power and give it a funny name. Instead of 100 000 meters we write 100 * 10^3 meters. And we define 10^3 as kilo, short k. That means 100 000 meters become 100 kilometers, hence 100 km. The same for small numbers. 0.000001 becomes 1 * 10^(-6), 10^(-6) is called micro, hence a bacterium is usually around 1 micrometer, 1 μm in size.

No you just have to remember the name for the decimal powers in an area you need it, for normal people it's millimeter, centimeter, kilometer. And then you do the same for kg, for mol, for K, and so on.

Is that clear? Sometimes I think about becoming a teacher after my PhD ;-)
    11-18-2013 01:00 PM
    Okay, I was shocked there for a moment. Actually it's very easy. I know, you probably aren't interested in this, but it is really easy.

Let's take a meter as an example. A meter is just a measure, like a foot or a mile. Of course it is scientifically defined, but this doesn't really interest us non-physicists. We have a meter and that's it, we don't have anything else to measure length.

Of course, it would be uncomfortable to always have to write: "I traveled 100 000 meters" or "A bacterium is 0.000001 meter" and therefore we take the decimal power and give it a funny name. Instead of 100 000 meters we write 100 * 10^3 meters. And we define 10^3 as kilo, short k. That means 100 000 meters become 100 kilometers, hence 100 km. The same for small numbers. 0.000001 becomes 1 * 10^(-6), 10^(-6) is called micro, hence a bacterium is usually around 1 micrometer, 1 μm in size.

No you just have to remember the name for the decimal powers in an area you need it, for normal people it's millimeter, centimeter, kilometer. And then you do the same for kg, for mol, for K, and so on.

Do it become a teacher of science!
    Chregu likes this.
    11-18-2013 01:13 PM
    And if they have no stock, what will happen? That's what I'm worried about, if I receive a defective xbox one.
    I would properly just cry and break down.
    LMZR likes this.
    11-18-2013 01:13 PM
    In the US it's inch, foot, yard and mile. That's probably why it's confusing for them. :P There's no such thing as powers of 10 working with those measurements.

Why not? Sounds like fun. :P
    Chregu and sahib lopez like this.
    11-18-2013 01:30 PM
    Woah, 10^3 looks like the stuff we are doing in our math classes. Index Forms.
    Chregu likes this.
    11-18-2013 02:32 PM
    People keep telling me they can't here we well on the phone. The first two or three times I thought it's reception, but it seems to be a real problem.

So, what do we have: Restarts, SIM errors, loose USB contact, microphone defective. I've asked a friend if I can borrow a phone from her. I really have to send my beloved 8X in now.
    11-18-2013 03:05 PM
    People keep telling me they can't here we well on the phone. The first two or three times I thought it's reception, but it seems to be a real problem.

So, what do we have: Restarts, SIM errors, loose USB contact, microphone defective. I've asked a friend if I can borrow a phone from her. I really have to send my beloved 8X in now.
    Seems to be the microphone.
    11-18-2013 03:12 PM
    Seems to be the microphone.
    I'll probably get her boyfriend's old Lumia 800. That would be perfect.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    11-18-2013 03:14 PM
    I'll probably get her boyfriend's old Lumia 800. That would be perfect.
    Wish I could spot you my 810. Yup, looks like they need to just send you a new model. One of my coworkers 8X on VZW I think something is up with her SIM card slot. She doesn't get data as easily as she should. She isn't out of space (10.5GB free on her phone). Guess it is just time for yours to get looked at...
    Chregu and sahib lopez like this.
    11-18-2013 03:28 PM

heheheh I just got schooled XD well I have to re-read it like 5 more times and then do some more studying to just to comprehend it ..... that's why im a computer networking major only logical thinking without the math part.... well if you consider how many routers, switches and server and computers are needed then yes I need math :P
    Chregu likes this.
    11-18-2013 10:07 PM
    In the US it's inch, foot, yard and mile. That's probably why it's confusing for them. :P There's no such thing as powers of 10 working with those measurements.
    ^this hjahaah use US terms it would make a whole lot mor sence besides if I was in Europe I would saying " teacher teacher can you make it so it has relation to the us metric system because you know im an American "
    11-18-2013 10:10 PM
    well time to do bing searchers then Pandora while roaming the forums
    11-18-2013 10:11 PM
    heheheh I just got schooled XD well I have to re-read it like 5 more times and then do some more studying to just to comprehend it ..... that's why im a computer networking major only logical thinking without the math part.... well if you consider how many routers, switches and server and computers are needed then yes I need math :P
    You'll need to know binary for subnetting.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    11-18-2013 10:18 PM
    You'll need to know binary for subnetting.
    shhhhhhhh don't remind me I mean I know the basics but im barly understanding the advance stuff :P
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-18-2013 10:42 PM
    time to play super smash bros !!! and bp if you read this tomorrow .... I don't like rap god he's not the same anymore
    11-18-2013 10:43 PM
    Trying to get my 920 set up how I want it...not sure as to why it just won't pull the back up off the server I for my 810...i mean, my 8X did this so easily when I set it up. Maybe its because that one was the UK version & my 920 is the polish one? Anyhow, hope this thing gets set up soon so I can drop a few music files on it and take it to work tomorrow...
    11-18-2013 11:04 PM
    Saw my first T100 ad walking from work on the Upper East Side today...i snapped a picture with my 8X and will post it in the T100 forum...slowly but surely, other owners are surfacing. I swear, the T100 and the Dell Venue 8 Pro have a chance to be "hot to get items" this holiday season...
    Laura Knotek and Chregu like this.
    11-18-2013 11:08 PM
    Saw my first T100 ad walking from work on the Upper East Side today...i snapped a picture with my 8X and will post it in the T100 forum...slowly but surely, other owners are surfacing. I swear, the T100 and the Dell Venue 8 Pro have a chance to be "hot to get items" this holiday season...
    i wonder how they look in person
    11-18-2013 11:15 PM
    i wonder how they look in person
    The T100 is actually nice looking in person. The Dell is something I would have loved to play around with in person. If I were going after a 8" tablet, I would grab that one for sure.

Best Buy FINALLY has the T100. Good thing I bought it long before waiting on them to carry it. Will post my own pictures of my setup sometime this week (920, 8X & T100)...
    Laura Knotek and sahib lopez like this.
    11-18-2013 11:20 PM
    Trying to get my 920 set up how I want it...not sure as to why it just won't pull the back up off the server I for my 810...i mean, my 8X did this so easily when I set it up. Maybe its because that one was the UK version & my 920 is the polish one? Anyhow, hope this thing gets set up soon so I can drop a few music files on it and take it to work tomorrow...
    Well, looks like the 3rd time is the charm and the restore function kicked in. As before, I put the matte screen protector on so you won't see the LCD in full glory...which doesn't bother me as much on the 920 as it did with the 8X.
    11-18-2013 11:22 PM
144,428 ... 672673674675676 ...