So far in really digging the upgrades I made - very pleased with the 920/8X/T100 combo. I was really tempered to look into getting an Xperia Z Ultra too as a replacement for my Touchpad from an Android point of view. I realize why people like the 7" form factor having spent some time with a Nexus 7 (2012) I bought to ship to a friend overseas - the Z Ultra would do nicely in that role for me. It is just too expensive. Perhaps if I had only one WP8, I'd do it, but at this point, I just cannot afford to spend the cash like that right now...
    that is why we wait till next season ! :D
    11-24-2013 10:18 PM
    I still have some upgrades to make in the tech department - I ordered a replacement monitor for my aging Dell HD unit. I got an small 16" screen off Tigerdirect.com for $70. I think asnt planning to spend on something crazy because I'm not home as much and am more likely to use the T100 first. I save my desktop for Android and other content management, so I don't need the latest and great screen.

If it were up to me, I would do a set up that's I've always wanted. I'd get a 40" Touchscreen TV and run my PC, console (probably some kind of Xbox) and Cable through the same screen with some good speakers (possibly Bluetooth). I'd also go wireless with my printer, keyboard and mouse too. Simple, expensive but effective...
    whoa i never thought of that only having a touchscreen tv with an xbox and a pc ...dang i really hope that happens in our life time to the point where 40in tv are cheap enough to buy!
    11-24-2013 10:20 PM
    I'm still getting the hang of the 920's camera. The GF actually likes my 920 - when she first held it she goes "OMG! It's HEAVY!" (she owns a S4). Then when she sees a few shots I took at night, she goes "Can I have the camera"?

I really want to see Lumia Black and what the new Nokia Cam update brings. While I like the overall colors from the 920 so far, it just feels a step being the 925. Maybe my eyes are bad, but the additional lens and software adjustments make the 925's pictures seem a bit better. Not complaining about what I have at all, but you can tell that the 920 is the older handset.
    heheheh well nokia was spot on about the low light capabilities on the 920 and yet it still cant be beat knowing its a year old now..... but i wonder ..... what will be the successor to the 920 o.o ?
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    11-24-2013 10:23 PM
    So the Giants and Cowboys are tied going into the last few minutes of the game. My neighbor is a HUGE Giants fan so he is hopping up and down & yelling in his apartment across the hall. It doesn't bother me at all - he's a cool middle aged guy - but i don't think I would be able to watch a game with him because he is too noisy for my tastes. The GF isn't really a sports person - but since her favorite color is blue I'm almost tempted to get her NFL female apparel in NY Giants colors to wear to her kickboxing classes as her Xmas gift...
    DUMP HER !!!!!!!JKJKJKJK but i also i had a neighbor how did the same thing during football season who would yell at the tv and i would think this guy is too lonely where he would yell at the tv :P
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    11-24-2013 10:24 PM
    Speaking of Xmas gifts, anyone has any good suggestions? I've gave the GF a Bluetooth speaker dock last year that she uses alot - she pairs it to her Nexus 7 & S4 and plays Pandora alot through it. I'm trying not to do too much tech as fits for her because I did that already for her birthday recently. I'm gonna look into that NFL apparel (jersey or hoodie) but I want another option...
    hmm that's a hard one i think i will leave it to the married peeps because i don't know XD
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    11-24-2013 10:26 PM
    I do hope my posting barrage for the past half hour hasn't given folks too much too read...and yes, sahib, all of this was done through the WPCentral app...
    hahahahahahaha all i had to say is hahahaha well you got me i guess its possible to post a lot using the app and i am having a good time reading ..... it takes my mind of the ex and tri-tip
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    11-24-2013 10:27 PM
    Ugh, it looks like the Giants are about to lose this game. It was a good game but I think the Cowboys did JUST enough to win. Now, if we can get a block on the last play of the game here would be miraculous...

Nope. Giants lost. Ah well. We looked to be a 8-8 team this year anyways. Both NY teams lost so it is a matter of moving on to next week.
    ehhhh this one i have nothing to say because i don't watch football but i do watch soccer
    11-24-2013 10:28 PM
    I'm curious how I did in the office pool this week. I've been having decent weeks but have been not in the mix on Mondays to seal the win. Hey, I've won twice so far, but any time you can get an extra $100 in your pocket each winner (that's the pot for the winner), that's a great feeling...
    dang 100$ i would be able to buy lots of tri-tips
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    11-24-2013 10:29 PM
    Well, it looks like you've done some posting rampages.
    but not as good as mine !
    11-24-2013 10:29 PM
    Long hair is still popular with a lot of guys in rock bands today.

Even in the 70s, if those guys were office workers instead of musicians, they would've needed to get haircuts. Although men in the 70s who worked in offices didn't need to cut their hair quite as short as they do today.
    while i don't deny the fact the guys have long hair, its just i don't see them a lot and when i do i relate to the times that you mentioned :P
    11-24-2013 10:31 PM
    whoa now im tired after replying to the posts i missed :) now time to do some bing points and then play super smash bros !
    11-24-2013 10:32 PM
    i do the same but sometimes i do it on the internet because i hate the hassle of getting out of peoples way and driving in the busy streets during black Friday ... i feel that people forget how to be a person during that time
    That is why I'm going shopping on Saturday, not the actual Black Friday...if I did, I would have to elbow some folks...
    11-24-2013 10:34 PM
    whoa i never thought of that only having a touchscreen tv with an xbox and a pc ...dang i really hope that happens in our life time to the point where 40in tv are cheap enough to buy!
    you can do the setup I outlined with a regular HD TV. I just want to do that setup with a touchscreen tv just to be, well, fancy...
    11-24-2013 10:36 PM
    That is why I'm going shopping on Saturday, not the actual Black Friday...if I did, I would have to elbow some folks...
    ah well Saturday works too ! or i would wait till cyber Monday to buy all my electronics :P
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    11-24-2013 10:37 PM
    you can do the setup I outlined with a regular HD TV. I just want to do that setup with a touchscreen tv just to be, well, fancy...
    i would love to have one of those 70in touch screen from msft and BOOM i would have bragging rights from my friends !
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    11-24-2013 10:38 PM
    hmm that's a hard one i think i will leave it to the married peeps because i don't know XD
    you do not have to be married to suggest a good gift idea. I've found a nice NYG hoodie she can wear for her workouts, but I'm open to other options...
    11-24-2013 10:38 PM
    hahahahahahaha all i had to say is hahahaha well you got me i guess its possible to post a lot using the app and i am having a good time reading ..... it takes my mind of the ex and tri-tip
    Never underestimate the power of the app or equally deft thumbs...
    11-24-2013 10:40 PM
    you do not have to be married to suggest a good gift idea. I've found a nice NYG hoodie she can wear for her workouts, but I'm open to other options...
    well if i had to give something i would do the same thing i always do when im with any girl i usually talk to her to the point when she tells me about something that she likes and then i ask her about it and then i do some research about it and try to find something better ( if my wallet allows me) and get it for her :) but i like the working out i always see any girl talking about work out cloths :)
    11-24-2013 10:42 PM
    Never underestimate the power of the app or equally deft thumbs...
    well again you beat me i was never good at typing ...as you can tell i do lots of mistypes :P
    11-24-2013 10:43 PM
    well if i had to give something i would do the same thing i always do when im with any girl i usually talk to her to the point when she tells me about something that she likes and then i ask her about it and then i do some research about it and try to find something better ( if my wallet allows me) and get it for her :)
    Or, you can give her something she doesn't normally get for herself. Case in point - I sent the GF to a spa for her birthday and she loved it. It was a 2 hour package - she loved it because she hadn't gone to one for herself in YEARS. I loved it because I wanted her to pamper herself and I got the package on a crazy good discount...
    11-24-2013 10:46 PM
    well again you beat me i was never good at typing ...as you can tell i do lots of mistypes :P
    I'm not perfect either. I edit my posts a lot whenever I see the app is adding extra vowels into words...
    11-24-2013 10:47 PM
    Or, you can give her something she doesn't normally get for herself. Case in point - I sent the GF to a spa for her birthday and she loved it. It was a 2 hour package - she loved it because she hadn't gone to one for herself in YEARS. I loved it because I wanted her to pamper herself and I got the package on a crazy good discount...
    ha i wanted to do for that my ex and she said it was ok she doesn't like spas so i ended up getting her a necklace and loved it :P
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    11-24-2013 11:00 PM
    I'm not perfect either. I edit my posts a lot whenever I see the app is adding extra vowels into words...
    i blame the ebil keyboard! they are out to get us
    11-24-2013 11:00 PM
    ha i wanted to do for that my ex and she said it was ok she doesn't like spas so i ended up getting her a necklace and loved it :P
    I just did it and gave it to her as a surprise. If I had told her beforehand, she would have said no and not gone. Sometimes you've just have to trust your gut and what you know of the person you're seeing and act on that knowledge...
    sahib lopez likes this.
    11-24-2013 11:39 PM
    I just did it and gave it to her as a surprise. If I had told her beforehand, she would have said no and not gone. Sometimes you've just have to trust your gut and what you know of the person you're seeing and act on that knowledge...
    its like they like to be make our lives hard :P only to mess with our minds
    11-24-2013 11:50 PM
144,761 ... 700701702703704 ...