its like they like to be make our lives hard :P only to mess with our minds
    They keep things interesting. I'm not complaining about that, really.

Have a good night folks...be back in a few hours...
    sahib lopez likes this.
    11-25-2013 12:54 AM
    I think you need to do a hard reset on that thing. Something isn't right. I have to agree though that I've personally found the Nokia L920 slightly disappointing. Both hardware and software wise. Yes I like my L920 but I have found the battery issues very annoying. I can barely get through the day with minimum use. Let's not talk about the time it bricked.
    I have performed one (out of frustration) and even lost some data doing it. The app and WiFi issue cane afterwards.

I have 10 days to see if the device is usable or has major issues, then I hopefully get my 8X back and could send this one in...
    11-25-2013 01:05 AM
    well time to go to sleep ....good night all and good morning !
    11-25-2013 01:21 AM
    I have performed one (out of frustration) and even lost some data doing it. The app and WiFi issue cane afterwards.

I have 10 days to see if the device is usable or has major issues, then I hopefully get my 8X back and could send this one in...
    :( sad that you are having phone problem
    Chregu likes this.
    11-25-2013 01:22 AM

question how come you don't put your devices on your avatar thing o.o?
    11-25-2013 01:22 AM
    ok now im going to sleep
    11-25-2013 01:23 AM
    question how come you don't put your devices on your avatar thing o.o?
    Never thought about this. Too much work I guess.

The password for my computer is so complex, I have to put it in always multiple times. However I think it's also due to the keyboard. I had a similar password in my old lab and there it usually worked on the first try.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    11-25-2013 02:19 AM

Looks like you're playing Nokia Roulette. :P That's what it feels like with Nokia phones. You either have a phone that's absolutely perfect and you have no issues at all or it's got one of the smaller issues, like battery drain, or it's a complete disaster. I personally don't see this as good for the ecosystem. There are people on this forum who have had 2-6 phones. That's not a good thing.

Have you thought of taking it back? I know it's a pain but since it's new it should be in the return time frame, unless you ordered online that is and you will be without it.
    Chregu likes this.
    11-25-2013 02:59 AM
    Morning all. Its Monday which isn't ever a good thing - its also even less of a good thing when you only get 4 hours sleep after staying up until 2am.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    11-25-2013 04:06 AM
    Morning all. Its Monday which isn't ever a good thing - its also even less of a good thing when you only get 4 hours sleep after staying up until 2am.
    Morning. I can relate, though I wasn't playing games all night. :P
    martinmc78 likes this.
    11-25-2013 04:07 AM
    Morning. I can relate, though I wasn't playing games all night. :P

How did you know?? Can you see my Kinect feed??
    N_LaRUE and BIGPADDY like this.
    11-25-2013 04:32 AM
    How did you know?? Can you see my Kinect feed??
    Yeah didn't you know? I have access to people's Kinect feeds through that NSA... :P Because I have nothing better to do in life... :P

I remember you mentioning you got the Xbox One. :)
    BIGPADDY, martinmc78 and MSFTisMIA like this.
    11-25-2013 04:39 AM
    WPC, when it comes to TV's, Which one do you prefer, LCD, LED or Plasma?
    11-25-2013 07:29 AM
    I perfer LED simply because of the lightweight and low power usage. The quality is very good if you get the newer technology.
    11-25-2013 07:38 AM
    Have you thought of taking it back? I know it's a pain but since it's new it should be in the return time frame, unless you ordered online that is and you will be without it.
    For the moment vibration is working. If it stays that way I can live with the other glitches.

Is it a glitch written that way? I haven't installed my translation app yet ;-)

I also think I am still on GDR2 (it says Lumia Amber), so GDR3 should only improve things, whenever it is coming.
    11-25-2013 07:45 AM
    LED is LCD with LED backlight in my understanding?

LCD for me, I don't own a TV, but I think more and more Plasma factories get shut down and LED is just current tech.
    psudotechzealot likes this.
    11-25-2013 07:48 AM
    wpc, when it comes to tv's, which one do you prefer, lcd, led or plasma?
    OLED :p
    11-25-2013 08:03 AM
    For the moment vibration is working. If it stays that way I can live with the other glitches.

Is it a glitch written that way? I haven't installed my translation app yet ;-)

I also think I am still on GDR2 (it says Lumia Amber), so GDR3 should only improve things, whenever it is coming.
    Lumia Black (which includes GDR 3) comes out next year. Hopefully your 8X will be fixed by then.
    Chregu likes this.
    11-25-2013 08:08 AM
    Morning folks...enjoying the time off so far even though it is cold *** outside. Got a lengthy to do list today but I will be more on on the forums between breaks...
    Chregu likes this.
    11-25-2013 08:10 AM
    LED is LCD with LED backlight in my understanding?

LCD for me, I don't own a TV, but I think more and more Plasma factories get shut down and LED is just current tech.

absolutely re: LED.

Agree about plasma, it is a dying technology and if one don't care, there are many bargains on plasma, at least at where I am.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk
    11-25-2013 08:10 AM
    Anything over what I have. If I feel brave enough I'll post a picture. My is old, ugly, but still runs good...
    Chregu likes this.
    11-25-2013 08:11 AM
    Anything over what I have. If I feel brave enough I'll post a picture. My is old, ugly, but still runs good...
    I still use my almost 10 years old 24 inch Dell computer screen for everything. The picture quality is still great. In my lab I have a new 24 inch Dell, and it doesn't feel like an improvement at all.
    11-25-2013 08:14 AM
    Lumia Black (which includes GDR 3) comes out next year. Hopefully your 8X will be fixed by then.
    I'm still a little afraid they say it's not part of the warranty... but I really want my 8X back. It's still such a beauty, even though I have no the coating problem at one corner (at least it's the black one, so you only see it if you really look at it).

I'll give the Lumia 620 to my mother when I have the 8X back, so it should be working anyway.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    11-25-2013 08:17 AM
    I still use my almost 10 years old 24 inch Dell computer screen for everything. The picture quality is still great. In my lab I have a new 24 inch Dell, and it doesn't feel like an improvement at all.
    My 8 y.o. HD Dell monitor just died. I loved that thing and was nursing it through the last 6 months as it was acting up. Had to get a replacement which I'm waiting to get by tomorrow evening. I went with a 16" widescreen because I'm not on my desktop as much and what I would pay to fix the Dell is more than what I paid to replace it.
    11-25-2013 08:27 AM
    My 8 y.o. HD Dell monitor just died. I loved that thing and was nursing it through the last 6 months as it was acting up. Had to get a replacement which I'm waiting to get by tomorrow evening. I went with a 16" widescreen because I'm not on my desktop as much and what I would pay to fix the Dell is more than what I paid to replace it.
    I feel sorry for your old screen :)

Do you mean a 26 inch widescreen? This reminds me of the times when we used 15 inch screens. A friend of mine (with a rich father) had one of the first 15 in flat screens, and this was a really a object of wonder.
    11-25-2013 08:36 AM
145,825 ... 701702703704705 ...