WPC, when it comes to TV's, Which one do you prefer, LCD, LED or Plasma?
    Plasma all the way - LCD and LED just cant get the same contrast ratios as a decent plasma panel - Panasonic do some outstanding TV's at 50" for a decent price too
    11-25-2013 07:41 AM
    Plasma all the way - LCD and LED just cant get the same contrast ratios as a decent plasma panel - Panasonic do some outstanding TV's at 50" for a decent price too
    I think plasma's days are numbered though. People just aren't interested in the heavy displays. LED/LCD might not be able to match it 100% but they do acceptable levels and no doubt over time they'll get better, which is why plasma will disappear.
    11-25-2013 07:56 AM
    I feel sorry for your old screen :)

Do you mean a 26 inch widescreen? This reminds me of the times when we used 15 inch screens. A friend of mine (with a rich father) had one of the first 15 in flat screens, and this was a really a object of wonder.
    No, I meant a 16". Yes, it is small, but like I said, I didn't need a bigger screen at this point.
    11-25-2013 08:19 AM
    I think plasma's days are numbered though. People just aren't interested in the heavy displays. LED/LCD might not be able to match it 100% but they do acceptable levels and no doubt over time they'll get better, which is why plasma will disappear.
    Depends on the size of course but I do think they will always be around - they have really improved the panels from what they were from 10 years ago and for the price you can get them for when comparing to similar LED and LCD its a no brainer - people just don't buy them due to the old stigma about plasma TV's
    11-25-2013 08:23 AM
    I feel sorry for your old screen :)

Do you mean a 26 inch widescreen? This reminds me of the times when we used 15 inch screens. A friend of mine (with a rich father) had one of the first 15 in flat screens, and this was a really a object of wonder.
    I've attached both screens I have. It is almost embarrassing how ugly my TV is, but I got it for free and it still works. At some point I will change it out, but not right now. The second one is my old Dell. Sorry to see it go through...

wp_20131125_001.jpgwp_20131125_002.jpg
    Chregu and sahib lopez like this.
    11-25-2013 08:32 AM
    I've attached both screens I have. It is almost embarrassing how ugly my TV is, but I got it for free and it still works. At some point I will change it out, but not right now.
    It's perfect to attach a Nintendo 64 and play some good old Mario Kart!
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    11-25-2013 08:41 AM
    Depends on the size of course but I do think they will always be around - they have really improved the panels from what they were from 10 years ago and for the price you can get them for when comparing to similar LED and LCD its a no brainer - people just don't buy them due to the old stigma about plasma TV's
    True. The burn-in issue was big in my mind when we bought our LED. Though my TV was fairly cheap, I only have a 32" low end LED. Got it for under 300 on sale two years ago. Not sure when I'll upgrade but I'd like to one day. The technology is good but it could be better. Maybe when I buy a house...
    11-25-2013 08:45 AM
    I saw a plasma and I thought it look beautiful than I saw cheaper. TV then went with that. :P
    11-25-2013 08:55 AM
    True. The burn-in issue was big in my mind when we bought our LED. Though my TV was fairly cheap, I only have a 32" low end LED. Got it for under 300 on sale two years ago. Not sure when I'll upgrade but I'd like to one day. The technology is good but it could be better. Maybe when I buy a house...
    No, please don't, please never buy a house. You need to be free, having all your belongings in one bag. You should always be able just to take the next ship leaving for some obscure harbor at the end of the world. You need to have adventures, you need travelling and exploring!

..at least in my mind. Do I have a strange image of you?
    MSFTisMIA and snowmutt like this.
    11-25-2013 08:56 AM
    No, please don't, please never buy a house. You need to be free, having all your belongings in one bag. You should always be able just to take the next ship leaving for some obscure harbor at the end of the world. You need to have adventures, you need travelling and exploring!

I think he should get a cottage. :P
    11-25-2013 08:59 AM
    Yeah the prices are ridiculous - When I bought my first plasma it was a 37" and it cost 700 and it wasn't even the top of the line one, that was 8 years ago now - bought my 50" plasma in August again not top of the line because I didn't want 3d or all the additional internet enabled software on it and it cost me 400, go figure - Saw a 90" 4K TV in Costco the other day with a 6000 price tag which quite frankly is ridiculous.
    11-25-2013 09:02 AM
    It's perfect to attach a Nintendo 64 and play some good old Mario Kart!
    Yes. It is great for console gaming. But it is old, heavy as **** and eventually needs to go. But it still runs, so I'm not complaining.
    11-25-2013 09:04 AM

LOL! The next ship I'm taking heads to Dunkirk. :P I travel and explore all the time. I've been to some obscure places already and plan to go to more. As for the house, well it's an investment for the future. :) Can't stay homeless forever. :P
    Chregu and snowmutt like this.
    11-25-2013 09:06 AM
    WP8.1 im waiting for you.....
    snowmutt likes this.
    11-25-2013 09:09 AM
    Saw a 90" 4K TV in Costco the other day with a 6000 price tag which quite frankly is ridiculous.
    Ouch. That's way over my price range! I'll wait until it drops to 300 then I'll get one. :P
    11-25-2013 09:13 AM
    Does anyone want to know about the magic of this Friday as well as the AWESOMENESS?
    11-25-2013 09:20 AM
    does anyone want to know about the magic of this friday as well as the awesomeness?
    no.
    Chregu and MSFTisMIA like this.
    11-25-2013 09:21 AM
    no.
    I tell you anyway the release of the PS4 in the UK!!!
    11-25-2013 09:24 AM
    I tell you anyway the release of the PS4 in the UK!!!
    I wish I could still look forward to gadgets like this.

After a while I just realized that the anticipation was always the best part and my imagination bigger than the delivered product. Nowadays I'm looking forward to different things. ...getting some sleep, having nice food, stuff like that ;-)
    N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    11-25-2013 09:26 AM

After a while I just realized that the anticipation was always the best part and my imagination bigger than the delivered product. Nowadays I'm looking forward to different things. ...getting some sleep, having nice food, stuff like that ;-)
    Sounds like my aspirations. LOL! Though I do like looking at new tech. :)
    Chregu likes this.
    11-25-2013 09:29 AM
    When it is working, the 620 is actually a very nice device for the price.
    snowmutt likes this.
    11-25-2013 09:59 AM

Buy a PS4 and get the rush!
    11-25-2013 10:01 AM
    When it is working, the 620 is actually a very nice device for the price.
    Install the dev preview. See if that fixes anything for you. :)
    Chregu likes this.
    11-25-2013 10:02 AM
    Buy a PS4 and get the rush!
    I won't be buying either PS4 or Xbox one because I don't game.
    MSFTisMIA and Chregu like this.
    11-25-2013 10:02 AM
    Install the dev preview. See if that fixes anything for you. :)
    I didn't think of that! Maybe I will, at the moment it's okay.
    11-25-2013 10:23 AM
143,644 ... 702703704705706 ...