WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Morning folks.

@martin, love that deadpool picture. He was always one of my favorites during my comic reading days in early adolescence. If that's a female deadpool in the front, she's pretty cute...

Getting used to GDR3. I do like the change with the multitasking. For some reason, everything seems a little larger than it did with Update 2. My hope is that when Nokia puts out their Black update it really tweaks the 1020. It is slowly getting cheaper and I'm waiting until it hits a certain price to grab it...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Got a short week this week (off on Friday). Looking forward to a food night's sleep on Thursday and typing papers and catching up on my reading for school.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Having an early lunch so I can finish some training at work. They added a tonne to my workload and the people I could ask for help are on holiday for the next week so I'm being thrown into the deep end. On the bright side they came clean and said this job has no hope of any design work except on a blue moon. At least I know where I stand and can concentrate getting a job elsewhere.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Getting used to GDR3. I do like the change with the multitasking. For some reason, everything seems a little larger than it did with Update 2. My hope is that when Nokia puts out their Black update it really tweaks the 1020. It is slowly getting cheaper and I'm waiting until it hits a certain price to grab it...

I don't feel any difference. I didn't often use multitasking anyway, only when copying something into an email or something like it. Except that the phone didn't vibrate until I turned it on and off a few times and my lock screen time was set differently, everything feels the same.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Got a short week this week (off on Friday). Looking forward to a food night's sleep on Thursday and typing papers and catching up on my reading for school.

You're the third person on here with a short week. Everyone is taking the first of Nov off. :p

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks.

@martin, love that deadpool picture. He was always one of my favorites during my comic reading days in early adolescence. If that's a female deadpool in the front, she's pretty cute...

If you think she's cute shes got nothing on some of the girls that were there. Had a Deadpool group picture taken with a Lara Croft lookalike. All im saying is im glad we were all wearing masks covering our faces :winktongue:

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

You're the third person on here with a short week. Everyone is taking the first of Nov off. :p

I had yesterday off due to the storm knocking out virtually every form of public transport. Ive now got a long week to make up for the lost day. :unhappy:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I had yesterday off due to the storm knocking out virtually every form of public transport. Ive now got a long week to make up for the lost day. :unhappy:

That sucks. Yeah I had the same issue. I ended up driving and getting in late. I'm making up my time next Friday. Yay. :/

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

That sucks. Yeah I had the same issue. I ended up driving and getting in late. I'm making up my time next Friday. Yay. :/

Transport in this country is farcical - checked the trains at 6am and it said no service until 9am checked at 9am it said no service until 10am checked at 10am no service until 12. Decided at 10 I wasn't going to bother going in. Checked the trains at 12 just for sh*ts and giggles and it said there will be no service all day.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Transport in this country is farcical - checked the trains at 6am and it said no service until 9am checked at 9am it said no service until 10am checked at 10am no service until 12. Decided at 10 I wasn't going to bother going in. Checked the trains at 12 just for sh*ts and giggles and it said there will be no service all day.

That's more or less what happened to me. I knew there were going to be delays or cancellations. When I woke up it said 8am. Then it jumped to 9. I checked what time I could catch a train it said 9:52am. However I don't think the service started until late. This morning was crazy at the station. Thankfully I had my tickets already.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

That's more or less what happened to me. I knew there were going to be delays or cancellations. When I woke up it said 8am. Then it jumped to 9. I checked what time I could catch a train it said 9:52am. However I don't think the service started until late. This morning was crazy at the station. Thankfully I had my tickets already.

Yeah trouble is working in London I am not about to drive into work even if by some miracle the roads were clear - congestion charge and parking for the day would have cost me a fortune. I left late this morning to intentionally miss the mayhem.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yeah trouble is working in London I am not about to drive into work even if by some miracle the roads were clear - congestion charge and parking for the day would have cost me a fortune. I left late this morning to intentionally miss the mayhem.

Don't blame you for not driving. Going home I got stuck on the M3. I'm only on it for a short distance. Two right lanes were closed. Took me 1 1/2hr to drive home, it should have been a 1/2hr drive.

I have to say this country doesn't cope well with 'severe weather'. :p

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Don't blame you for not driving. Going home I got stuck on the M3. I'm only on it for a short distance. Two right lanes were closed. Took me 1 1/2hr to drive home, it should have been a 1/2hr drive.

I have to say this country doesn't cope well with 'severe weather'. :p

This is an example for a not very clear Wikipedia article: Microscale thermophoresis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I can follow the pyisics described in it to some extend, but I'm very lost at the last sentence: "This binding curve can directly be fitted with the nonlinear solution of the law of mass action, with the dissociation constant K[SUB]D[/SUB] as result.[SUP][5][/SUP][SUP][6][/SUP][SUP][7]"

[/SUP]Seems like a massive short-cut to me, explanation-wise.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

It's no better here in Dallas with bad weather. Instant idiots, just add water.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

It's no better here in Dallas with bad weather. Instant idiots, just add water.

I spent some time in Dallas airport years ago on a transit flight. We decided we'd order the biggest milk shake McDonalds has to offer, real American style. I was the only one who finished it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

This is an example for a not very clear Wikipedia article: Microscale thermophoresis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I can follow the pyisics described in it to some extend, but I'm very lost at the last sentence: "This binding curve can directly be fitted with the nonlinear solution of the law of mass action, with the dissociation constant K[SUB]D[/SUB] as result.[SUP][5][/SUP][SUP][6][/SUP][SUP][7]"

[/SUP]Seems like a massive short-cut to me, explanation-wise.

It's Wikipedia. :p Short-cut is the rule.

Also 'extent' not 'extend'.

extent - the particular degree to which something is or is believed to be the case

extend - cause to cover a wider area; make larger

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

They've gone with the McCafe shakes now. I don't think you can get those large ones anymore. Less shake for more money, typical.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Also 'extent' not 'extend'.

extent - the particular degree to which something is or is believed to be the case

extend - cause to cover a wider area; make larger

You told me this before. I think this will be a hard one to get used to.

The extend of my incompetence to use extent in the right context annoys my to a high extent.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

They've gone with the McCafe shakes now. I don't think you can get those large ones anymore. Less shake for more money, typical.

We don't have McCafes here in the UK. As far as I know. They were popular in Oz though.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Yes, I guess the movie Super Size Me is responsible for it to some extent. (I'm practicing with extent now.) How's Dallas? I know only little about it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss