I have worked with a rocket scientist, and he didn't like Windows 8. And your post feels condescending. I grew up with Windows after all.
    Wasn't meant to be and I appologise. I know I sometimes come off like that. :/

I've used Windows since the beginning and DOS before that. I even used another OS before that and I used early Apple OS. I think it was the II or something.
    LMZR and Chregu like this.
    12-10-2013 04:06 AM
    I grew up with Windows, my first computer OS i used was Windows 98, and then i used Windows XP, tried Vista and didn't like some aspects, although i wonder why it was criticised, although i get why now.

I used Windows 7 and my brother has a laptop which runs Windows 7, which is pretty good and Windows 8/RT i haven't properly used as i've only used computers with Windows 8 at tech stores.

I now use my Macbook Air with OSX 10.8. :)
    My dad had a Commodore 64, after that he switched to Windows 3.11. I guess I was around 10 then. After that I used every desktop version of Windows, including Windows NT, Windows 2000 and Windows ME.
    LMZR likes this.
    12-10-2013 04:11 AM
    Wasn't meant to be and I appologise. I know I sometimes come off like that. :/
    That's okay :)

I've used Windows since the beginning and DOS before that. I even used another OS before that and I used early Apple OS. I think it was the II or something.
    I use OSX quite regularly at the university. For example yesterday, and I still don't get why people like this waste of space with all the windows not being full screen and this big bar at the bottom...
    12-10-2013 04:13 AM
    My dad had a Commodore 64, after that he switched to Windows 3.11. I guess I was around 10 then. After that I used every desktop version of Windows, including Windows NT, Windows 2000 and Windows ME.
    That's like me, except it was me no dad involved though. I never had a C64 however.
    12-10-2013 04:16 AM
    I use OSX quite regularly at the university. For example yesterday, and I still don't get why people like this waste of space with all the windows not being full screen and this big bar at the bottom...
    I haven't used any of the new Macs. The guy next to me is getting a new Macbook Pro which I'm sure he'll bring in. I have no idea about Macs at all so can't comment.
    12-10-2013 04:17 AM
    I haven't used any of the new Macs. The guy next to me is getting a new Macbook Pro which I'm sure he'll bring in. I have no idea about Macs at all so can't comment.
    Don't do it!!!
    12-10-2013 05:05 AM
    Don't do it!!!
    LOL! Don't really plan to.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    12-10-2013 05:08 AM
    In approximately 30 mins I'll be boarding the coach bus that's parked outside the building and take me away to the first of three xmas lunches. Today's is the 'fancy' one. The other two are more local. I'm not even certain what I'm having. It's a 'gastro pub' with fancy sounding food. If it's any good I'll take the wife. :)
    BIGPADDY and Chregu like this.
    12-10-2013 05:10 AM
    In approximately 30 mins I'll be boarding the coach bus that's parked outside the building and take me away to the first of three xmas lunches. Today's is the 'fancy' one. The other two are more local. I'm not even certain what I'm having. It's a 'gastro pub' with fancy sounding food. If it's any good I'll take the wife. :)
    If you don't want to take your wife you can always take me.
    Last edited by BIGPADDY; 12-10-2013 at 08:04 AM.
    Chregu likes this.
    12-10-2013 05:22 AM
    After reading all the posts above, I am tempted to post here.
    Playing scrabble with my,kids

Sent from my RM-875_apac_sea_220 using Tapatalk
    BIGPADDY and sahib lopez like this.
    12-10-2013 05:23 AM
    If don't want to take your wife you can always take me.
    LOL! It's probably too fancy for you! :P It's not a standard pub. :P I don't even know what I'm going to be eating! :P

Here's what I'm having:

Crab, lemon and chervil cakes with red pepper mayonnaise
    Slow cooked feather of beef in Guinness with celeriac Dauphinoise, pumpkin mash and roast Portobello mushroom
    Cherry and almond tart with cherry crumble ice cream
    Chregu and BIGPADDY like this.
    12-10-2013 05:31 AM
    After reading all the posts above, I am tempted to post here.
    Playing scrabble with my,kids
    Welcome to the off-topic that's completely off-topic as we have no topics.

Haven't played Scrable in ages. Never was good at spelling.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    12-10-2013 05:32 AM
    Welcome to the off-topic that's completely off-topic as we have no topics.

Haven't played Scrable in ages. Never was good at spelling.
    Today's topic is cake.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    12-10-2013 06:32 AM
    Today's topic is cake.
    Not I feel disappointed, I forgot to buy one.
    12-10-2013 06:45 AM
    Heres what today looks like for me. No meetings, no special events or team lunches. Just a day working and learning in the design team. Currently eating lunch. Bit of a dull day today.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    12-10-2013 06:58 AM
    Heres what today looks like for me. No meetings, no special events or team lunches. Just a day working and learning in the design team. Currently eating lunch. Bit of a dull day today.
    I had seminar in the morning and I have to prepare two presentations. I should fit in some experiments, but I think I'll skip at least one of them and do it tomorrow. Now I have to check some publications to see if I can put my data in a logical context, before I put it into the presentation. Soon I'll have some coffee with a friend, and in the evening I have dance course.
    12-10-2013 06:59 AM
    Tomorrow my new Steelcase chair arrives, so looking forward to that. I also just reinstalled BF3 so I can play some with an old friend.

What kind of Dance class are you going to?
    12-10-2013 07:03 AM
    Morning folks. So I'm riding the rails in rush hour (what else is new?)...my trip back home got pushed back a few days. Still haven't felt like reading too much here on the forums as there's still too much to do...
    12-10-2013 07:13 AM
    Morning folks. So I'm riding the rails in rush hour (what else is new?)...my trip back home got pushed back a few days. Still haven't felt like reading too much here on the forums as there's still too much to do...
    It was (it's the last time today, but we're planning to take the advanced one) a general beginner's course. We learned Foxtrot, Disco Fox, Cha-Cha-Cha, Waltz, and The Chive.
    12-10-2013 07:44 AM
    So its snowing here on the ride from NYC to Connecticut. Its actually quite gorgeous to look at. Perhaps after I finish business, I will take a picture to post here...
    12-10-2013 07:55 AM
    LOL! It's probably too fancy for you! :P It's not a standard pub. :P I don't even know what I'm going to be eating! :P

Here's what I'm having:

Crab, lemon and chervil cakes with red pepper mayonnaise
    Slow cooked feather of beef in Guinness with celeriac Dauphinoise, pumpkin mash and roast Portobello mushroom
    Cherry and almond tart with cherry crumble ice cream
    I can be sophisticated while holding a spoon and a knife.
    12-10-2013 08:08 AM
    I can be sophisticated while holding a spoon and a knife.
    BigPaddy with a spoon? Poppycock!
    BIGPADDY, MSFTisMIA and LMZR like this.
    12-10-2013 09:37 AM
    Yeah I think sahib doesn't reallize there is no 'free'. :P

I'm still contemplating the Surface 2. I may just go get one. Still not sure though.
    Yes I do !!! :P I thought his school gave him the iPad for free :D
    12-10-2013 09:52 AM
    So its snowing here on the ride from NYC to Connecticut. Its actually quite gorgeous to look at. Perhaps after I finish business, I will take a picture to post here...
    I used to know a girl from New York :p
    12-10-2013 09:58 AM
    BigPaddy with a spoon? Poppycock!
    ITS like saying I hate tri-tip D:
    12-10-2013 09:58 AM
144,439 ... 750751752753754 ...