Church of Our Savior on the Spilled Blood.
    Nice!

Whom's blood was spilled?

...my spell checker doesn't know the word "whom", what the heavens?
    08-12-2013 04:34 AM
    Nice!

Whom's blood was spilled?

...my spell checker doesn't know the word "whom", what the heavens?
    It was built where Tsar Alexander II was assassinated. Commissioned by his son Tsar Alexander III.

Interesting that your spell checker doesn't understand 'whom'.
    08-12-2013 04:38 AM
    Well what happens is that all the pictures are being saved to the SD card. Simply because the 820 has very little storage. We're using an SD card that was working fine on her Nokia N8. Anyway, the pictures appear fine on her phone but are being corrupted when imported onto PC. I used the WP8 app on W8 and I tried transferring by just USB via Windows Explorer. Neither worked.

I plan to pick up a new SD card as I believe it may be part of the cause but I'm starting to think it has something do with the fact that WP8 and SD cards simply don't get along well at this time. I hope GDR2 fixes this.
    that might be, and what if you put this sd card to another phone? If it doesn't work then make a backup sending all photos via bluetooth to another phone or send it to skydrive. Go to settings, phones memory, tap on sd card and format it. I had an issue with SD Card and Lumia820. When I took a photo with 'save photos to SD' on, it took ages to process and save those photos, and with GDR2/Amber on aboard its fine, so maybe it will resolve your problems too. :-)
    08-12-2013 04:40 AM
    that might be, and what if you put this sd card to another phone? If it doesn't work then make a backup sending all photos via bluetooth to another phone or send it to skydrive. Go to settings, phones memory, tap on sd card and format it. I had an issue with SD Card and Lumia820. When I took a photo with 'save photos to SD' on, it took ages to process and save those photos, and with GDR2/Amber on aboard its fine, so maybe it will resolve your problems too. :-)
    I'll try uploading them to Skydrive when I get home. Don't have another phone to try it out on. I formatted the card prior to it being used. Good to hear the GDR2/Amber update seems to fix these issues. Wish it would get here already.
    08-12-2013 04:43 AM
    I'd rather not be a part of such a stupid challenge.
    08-12-2013 04:43 AM
    It was built where Tsar Alexander II was assassinated. Commissioned by his son Tsar Alexander III.
    "Kill my father, it's okay, we'll build a church for him!"

...what?
    08-12-2013 04:44 AM
    But yet you took the time to post....
    08-12-2013 04:46 AM
    "Kill my father, it's okay, we'll build a church for him!"
    LOL! I don't think his son had anything to do with the assasination. The church was built in his memory.

...what?
    Yeah I thought the same. I guess all forums have people like that.
    08-12-2013 04:49 AM
    LOL! I don't think his son had anything to do with the assasination. The church was built in his memory.
    Now I get it, the church was commissioned by the son, not the assassination ;-)

Yeah I thought the same. I guess all forums have people like that.
    Maybe he's just very ironic. By writing this post he already has participated, if he did it with this with an humorous intention it's cool ;-)
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    08-12-2013 04:52 AM
    Eating 5000 baked beans with a cocktail stick is a stupid challenge.

Collectively posting 5000 times just helps pass the time.

But thanks for the 1 post contribution.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    08-12-2013 04:55 AM
    I'm playing League of Legends ATM :D
    08-12-2013 05:20 AM
    I'm playing League of Legends ATM :D
    Nice, I'll have to wait another 5 minutes until I can exchange the buffer and finally have lunch.
    08-12-2013 05:23 AM
    Speaking of league of legends. What are some good MMORPG's that don't require you to spend half your life playing. Want to find one I can play for a few hours a week and still have an interesting experience.
    08-12-2013 05:27 AM
    Am I the only one having this issue: Writing a sensitive email, checking the recipients multiple times, checking the mail multiple times, checking the recipients again. Sending the mail, doing something different, and then suddenly having the urge to check again a few minutes later just to make really sure?
    08-12-2013 07:00 AM
    Am I the only one having this issue: Writing a sensitive email, checking the recipients multiple times, checking the mail multiple times, checking the recipients again. Sending the mail, doing something different, and then suddenly having the urge to check again a few minutes later just to make really sure?
    Well if I wrote more frequent sensitive emails I would be that paranoid too! Worst thing to happen is to have the email end up in the wrong place. There's many stories, some true, of people sending the wrong email to the wrong person.
    Chregu likes this.
    08-12-2013 07:02 AM
    So here's another picture:

The Hermitage

wp_20130806_002.jpg
    Chregu and Muessig like this.
    08-12-2013 07:12 AM
    same here, I even check manually when my mail synchronization option is set to 'after receiving'. I don't trust it :)
    Chregu likes this.
    08-12-2013 07:13 AM
    Out of curiosity, does anyone know of a good photo editing app that allows free rotation? All the ones I have downloaded only do 90 degrees and flip.
    08-12-2013 07:13 AM
    The Hermitage

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20130806_002.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	532.5 KB 
ID:	39825
    I know this from Civ IV!
    08-12-2013 07:15 AM
    I know this from Civ IV!
    Never played that. This is quite amazing though in person!
    08-12-2013 07:17 AM
    What makes the Hermitage even more impressive is the building on the other side, the General Staff Building.

This is taken from within the Hermitage through a small open window, hence the off angle.

wp_20130806_016.jpg
    Muessig likes this.
    08-12-2013 07:20 AM
    What makes the Hermitage even more impressive is the building on the other side, the General Staff Building.
    Very impressing. This area seems huge, I think I should start to think about visiting Saint Petersburg.

Still not as impressive as this: Architect Forgets Elevator for 47 Floor Skyscraper in Spain - SPIEGEL ONLINE ;-)
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    08-12-2013 07:27 AM
    Very impressing. This area seems huge, I think I should start to think about visiting Saint Petersburg.

Still not as impressive as this: Architect Forgets Elevator for 47 Floor Skyscraper in Spain - SPIEGEL ONLINE ;-)
    That is too funny. Sad, but funny. It would appear that there was a lot of rethinking on the project and that caused the mishaps. It happens. It's not the first time I've heard of issues like this unfortunately. The scary part is that sometimes these types of constant changes can have unforeseen dangers and personally I think I'll stay away from that building.
    08-12-2013 07:39 AM
    Out of curiosity, does anyone know of a good photo editing app that allows free rotation? All the ones I have downloaded only do 90 degrees and flip.
    There's no such app for Windows Phone.
    Take a look, it's an desktop app: http://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-tool-rotate.html
    Hope it's what you're looking for, then go to download section: http://www.gimp.org/downloads/
    I do use GIMP to edit my photos, but I've never used to rotate by other value than 90 + I'm not at home to check personally. :)
    08-12-2013 07:44 AM
    There's no such app for Windows Phone.
    Take a look, it's an desktop app: 4.5. Rotate
    Hope it's what you're looking for, then go to download section: GIMP - Downloads
    I do use GIMP to edit my photos, but I've never used to rotate by other value than 90 + I'm not at home to check personally. :)
    I was referring to on the phone. Sorry for the vagueness. I sometimes have a tendency to be a bit crooked and there's no easy way to fix that on the phone out of any of the editors I've seen.

Though some people hate Google, Picasa is actually a good photo editing software, has a great photo straightener. There's also Ifranview IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide that has some great plug-ins.
    08-12-2013 07:49 AM
143,641 ... 7879808182 ...