Yeah, i hate seeing Moto X ads, they're teasing me, i love that Moto X but it's only available in the US.

But i love the 1520 more. :D
    I would get the moto X if it ran windows phone 8
    12-22-2013 11:15 AM
    I've recently gotten back into PC gaming after ~12 year absence. I've already gotten 4 games in the Steam Winter Sale.

For some reason I just don't get into mobile gaming.
    good stuff :) I wonder how hard core of a gamer you are
    12-22-2013 11:16 AM
    When I had to commute I tended to play some mobile games on my phone. When I didn't feel like reading, it was a great way to pass the time. Now that I go to work by bike I haven't touched a mobile game in ages. I play may Nintendo 3DS sometimes which is a mobile device, but I only use it at home.
    I never pictured you as the gamer type o.o
    12-22-2013 11:17 AM
    $260 from ExpansysUSA. Unlocked and inclusive of shipping that will get you the phone in about 3 days. Heck, that was the phone I wanted but because Samsung took forever to release it, I got a 810. I got one for a friend of mine who bleeds Samsung. It is a nice phone, and if you can live with the "Is that an Android/Galaxy" comments, it's good. Plus, the design actually looks better than the S3.

The 810/822 is an inferior model to the Ativ S, no matter how great Nokia's add ons are. Plus, some of Nokia apps can be put on the Ativ S anyways using that WiFi hack trick. The camera in the Ativ S is on par, and it some cases a bit better than the 810/822. Wireless charging - you got me there, although in the Ativ forums, someone has added that features DIY style. Personally, the Ativ is a better buy, even than the 8X, which runs for the same price.

I'm not telling you what to buy, just sharing some useful information...
    thanks for that and well the ativ has good HW but that build quality and I don't mind doing all that stuff just to make it to how it works like a nokia phone
    12-22-2013 11:20 AM
    you're beating a dead horse. while no one here will tell you how long to grieve, you should get back in the saddle sooner than later. I was taught after a while to not invest to much energy into the past; learn from it and put it back where it belongs - in the past.
    but the horse is still kicking :P ..kidding but I thinking about it not that much anymore
    12-22-2013 11:21 AM
    Morning folks. So dinner and bowling with the GF and her mom went well. Note - bowling alleys (the high end types ones anyhow) in NYC are too expensive. Anyways, both had a good time and are happy they went. GF's mom loves the Ethiopian food and was impressed at how we're restaurant hunters.

Also managed to get the Nexus 4 too before dinner. While this one is very beat up cosmetically, it still runs nice. Should do what I want it to do just fine...
    I didn't know that there was fancy bowling allies. I just thought that all of them looked the same just bigger. but what a restaurant hunter ?
    12-22-2013 11:24 AM
    My last two were Dungeon Siege 2 and Civ 3.
    mine was league of legends and co 2.0
    12-22-2013 11:25 AM
    after getting 7.8 on the arrive ,,,,, my father is all happy that it look like my phone with the tiles colors :)
    12-22-2013 11:25 AM
    pretty cool that the super sensitivity on nokia phones works when im hovering my finger over the screen and it works :D
    12-22-2013 12:18 PM
    thanks for that and well the ativ has good HW but that build quality and I don't mind doing all that stuff just to make it to how it works like a nokia phone
    I'm disappointed that you're talking about build quality. Look in the Ativ S forums and see how many people are satisfied by the phone's build quality. It reminds me of the S2's build quality, and that was a great phone.

If you've seen the WiFi trick in the forums, it isn't that complicated. Off all the Nokia apps out there on your 810, how many can you live without? How many are truly tied to the hardware?

While I respect your concerns, I'm disappointed. If all you want is a Nokia, that's fine. But you haven't said anything so far that would make using a cheaper phone price point wise, but on a hardware level is better than what you have, not a more appealing choice.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    12-22-2013 01:43 PM
    We like good restaurants to eat at. We aren't complete foodies, but we do like to enjoy a good meal out and are always on the lookout for places with good meat and vegetarian food options.
    12-22-2013 01:45 PM
    I'm disappointed that you're talking about build quality. Look in the Ativ S forums and see how many people are satisfied by the phone's build quality. It reminds me of the S2's build quality, and that was a great phone.

If you've seen the WiFi trick in the forums, it isn't that complicated. Off all the Nokia apps out there on your 810, how many can you live without? How many are truly tied to the hardware?

While I respect your concerns, I'm disappointed. If all you want is a Nokia, that's fine. But you haven't said anything so far that would make using a cheaper phone price point wise, but on a hardware level is better than what you have, not a more appealing choice.
    what I meant for hw quality is how it feels I have held both the s2 and s3 and to me it feels kinda cheep im not saying its bad but for me I kinda don't like it. I know every phone has its strengths and weaknesses like nokia I like how all their phone feel in the hand and their software included but I hate that they don't have expandable storage on their high end phones but with Samsung I like their expandable storage and battery :D but I hate how their phones feel and how they look:/ and for the nokia apps I actually use them all when im out and about I like using the maps and when I need to catch the bus I have here transit and when I want to eat something in a new city or eve in a city I know I like to know what I have around my area :) so yeah I use most of them. that's not to say I wouldn't recommend a Samsung or htc but for me nokia has most of the things I like and need ( now) but if there was another company as dedicated as nokia and has the options I want then OK I will go to that company :)
    12-22-2013 01:55 PM
    anyways im going to bounce and do my Sunday stuff :P laters all
    LMZR likes this.
    12-22-2013 01:59 PM
    Woohoo off the meds!
    12-22-2013 02:02 PM
    Hopefully Microsoft ends up being that company.

MS, next year I want to see the successor to the 1520 available through the MS store that has the best of both current versions. That means Qi wireless charging, LTE, at least 32 GB of storage, and SD card support.
    12-22-2013 02:02 PM
    Happy

12-22-2013 04:24 PM
    12-22-2013 04:28 PM
    I would get the moto X if it ran windows phone 8
    Yeah, maybe. :P
    12-22-2013 05:17 PM
    Try emulating GBA games, then. Or buy a 3DS or PS Vita. (Yes, the Vita has games now!)

They're technically how I got into gaming, lol.
    The only real convincing games that would convince me to get a Vita would be NFS Most Wanted 2012, Borderlands 2, Killzone Mercenary and if they ever do, Gran Turismo.
    12-22-2013 05:21 PM
    ehhh its not for the 822 its for my fathers HTC arrive
    Oh ok. :)
    12-22-2013 05:21 PM
    what I meant for hw quality is how it feels I have held both the s2 and s3 and to me it feels kinda cheep im not saying its bad but for me I kinda don't like it. I know every phone has its strengths and weaknesses like nokia I like how all their phone feel in the hand and their software included but I hate that they don't have expandable storage on their high end phones but with Samsung I like their expandable storage and battery :D but I hate how their phones feel and how they look:/ and for the nokia apps I actually use them all when im out and about I like using the maps and when I need to catch the bus I have here transit and when I want to eat something in a new city or eve in a city I know I like to know what I have around my area :) so yeah I use most of them. that's not to say I wouldn't recommend a Samsung or htc but for me nokia has most of the things I like and need ( now) but if there was another company as dedicated as nokia and has the options I want then OK I will go to that company :)
    Well, life is about trade offs, like anything else. I get where you're coming from about feel in hand and such, but the Ativ S has good build and feel in hand to it as well. If you ever pop into a AT&T or Sprint store and feel the Neo, the OG Ativ S has a similar feel, albeit a little bit better.

Here Maps and Here Transit are available for all WP8 phones. I have them on my 8X and they work just as well as on the 920. Remember, Nokia's mapping day underlies all WP8 devices, so once you have it installed, you get City Lens etc folded into the Here Maps app. Samsung has the better video editor, and of course, since it is an unlocked model you will get MMS to work. The WiFi trick is something that if you really need the rest of the Nokia exclusive apps, which for the record are just regular apps Nokia got first, you can get them doing that.

The argument is still the same for me: anything not named Nokia 1020, 1520, or 92x is inferior to the Ativ S from a hardware point of view. Based on value for,money, the best two phones from WP8 you can get for under $270 are the Ativ S and 8X. Personally, I'd trade supposedly slightly better looks for more storage space and slightly faster access to updates. At the end of the day, 8GB internal is still 8GB internal. But, everyone has different types of needs...
    sahib lopez likes this.
    12-22-2013 05:53 PM
    The only real convincing games that would convince me to get a Vita would be NFS Most Wanted 2012, Borderlands 2, Killzone Mercenary and if they ever do, Gran Turismo.
    Remote play
    12-22-2013 06:14 PM
    Well, life is about trade offs, like anything else. I get where you're coming from about feel in hand and such, but the Ativ S has good build and feel in hand to it as well. If you ever pop into a AT&T or Sprint store and feel the Neo, the OG Ativ S has a similar feel, albeit a little bit better.

Here Maps and Here Transit are available for all WP8 phones. I have them on my 8X and they work just as well as on the 920. Remember, Nokia's mapping day underlies all WP8 devices, so once you have it installed, you get City Lens etc folded into the Here Maps app. Samsung has the better video editor, and of course, since it is an unlocked model you will get MMS to work. The WiFi trick is something that if you really need the rest of the Nokia exclusive apps, which for the record are just regular apps Nokia got first, you can get them doing that.

The argument is still the same for me: anything not named Nokia 1020, 1520, or 92x is inferior to the Ativ S from a hardware point of view. Based on value for,money, the best two phones from WP8 you can get for under $270 are the Ativ S and 8X. Personally, I'd trade supposedly slightly better looks for more storage space and slightly faster access to updates. At the end of the day, 8GB internal is still 8GB internal. But, everyone has different types of needs...
    that is true I know I will be stuck between either the Samsung or Nokia but since you have a point on the best windows phone 8 for the price is the Samsung ativ and the 8x, I'm always looking for the biggest bank for the buck they fit well and I hate 8gb of storage I would of gotten the Samsung ativ but since Nokia has proven to their customers that they support their products ( if the respective carrier oks the update ) then I know I'm getting my monies worth so I'm happy for now ....unless Nokia never makes ,errr I mean MSFT, a phone with a removable battery with expandable storage then I will look somewhere else for that ( not android or ios )
    12-22-2013 06:16 PM
    Another thing I like getting 3g in other places but hate getting 2g where I live :|
    12-22-2013 06:19 PM
    Remote play
    what O_O?
    12-22-2013 06:20 PM
142,845 ... 813814815816817 ...