WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I never found out how to opt out of games, so I opted out of Facebook completely.

haha yeah it's tempting but I need it primarily to keep in touch with relatives abroad. I have to manually block each game that turns up, but it's like once I block one game, they find three more others to play.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I don't use Windows 8.1 Mail. I use Outlook 2013 which does sync the pictures.

I use both.

The only way to have calender and mails on the Windows lockscreen and homescreen is to use both. Official Microsoft solution that is. I just turned off notifications.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I have given up on Facebook too. I haven't missed it one second. For people I want to stay in contact, I can use email. This has also the advantage that Zuckerberg isn't reading what I'm writing to sell it to companies and the NSA ;-)

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I have given up on Facebook too. I haven't missed it one second. For people I want to stay in contact, I can use email. This has also the advantage that Zuckerberg isn't reading what I'm writing to sell it to companies and the NSA ;-)

I absloutely hate Facebook and i hate Zuckerberg as well. I just see it as a data sneaking social network that spams you with ads and is basically Googles *****.

I would ONLY use Facebook to catch up with friends, but hey, even then they could snoop up my data and sell it.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

haha yeah it's tempting but I need it primarily to keep in touch with relatives abroad. I have to manually block each game that turns up, but it's like once I block one game, they find three more others to play.
I don't have any family abroad, but I use WhatsApp to chat with people abroad.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm the most 'socially' connected person of my family, aside from my wife of course. She's got more things going on than me. I don't use Facebook as much as I used to but I use it to keep easily in touch with friends and some relatives. I use LinkedIn for work. I have Twitter but mainly for train checks. I have Pintrest but haven't done much with that. I don't use any others. I have Whatsapp that I use to communicate with my friend in LA.

Unfortunately, most of my family is computer illiterate. :p

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Morning. I see it's a social networking discussion.

Yeah, included is my rage post, well. It's rage in my opinion.

Heck, Android Central users don't seem to criticise me for my refusal to go to Android, i just simply don't want to, however, there are some stubborn asses who simply don't get the point, YT and PocketNow comment sections are the worst offenders.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Rage is good. :p

You should ad a link to your app in your signature.

Not sure I follow your Android comment... did I miss something?

Don't worry about the android comment, just slight rage from me. :\

As for the app link, it's not in the store but i can give you a link: https://apps.windowsstore.com/DashBoard/DownloadAppXap?appId=570b0247-54e4-4b3f-9fea-45d9fa32b49f There are still some things to do, i do need feedback as you're the first person interested in the app.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, i don't know how to get it into the store.

You have to become a full developer $19/y. You can download the publishing pack to submit it to the store. When you go to the dashboard you click on your app and you'll have two options there.

appdev.png

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Morning all. I really need to stop gaming until gone 1am when I have to be up at 6am - its not good but just cant help myself.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Morning all. I really need to stop gaming until gone 1am when I have to be up at 6am - its not good but just cant help myself.

Morning. I can't say I can relate to that but I hear ya. Just getting up at 6am is never fun. I do it every day.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Morning. I can't say I can relate to that but I hear ya. Just getting up at 6am is never fun. I do it every day.

I got up at 6 for years. Doesn't feel different to 7 to me. Well, today I got up at 6.30 for my Wednesday morning run. (I get up an hour earlier and go to the lab an hour later, so I have time to run for an hour, calm down and take a shower.)

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Just had a thought - would really like to see unified profiling at some point on Windows - if I have a green theme on my phone my surface and PC change to match if I change it to blue on my surface, phone and PC change. That's one of the things im not too fond of on Windows 8 all the tiles are different colours - would like to see them all one colour as on my phone.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Just had a thought - would really like to see unified profiling at some point on Windows - if I have a green theme on my phone my surface and PC change to match if I change it to blue on my surface, phone and PC change. That's one of the things im not too fond of on Windows 8 all the tiles are different colours - would like to see them all one colour as on my phone.

I'd love to see this too. Given start screen syncing and what we know of the Xbox One, I'm confident we will see it too!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077