Morning folks. I stayed home to avoid the snow we had yesterday and now there is still work to do in the apartment. It wasn't as bad as I thought temperature wise that it would be when I snuck outside. We will see how it looks today. Maybe I should move to Florida, but I'm trading good weather for some real cluster**** individuals as neighbors there. Not sure if I'm ready for that yet...
    snowmutt and sahib lopez like this.
    01-04-2014 06:53 AM
    Wait can we spam here ? Since its a 30 k challenge anyone??
    01-04-2014 06:53 AM
    Depends on what you're doing, but I'd say not really. We try to keep the content here interesting, to make it not a complete spam fest. Of course we have some post stuffers here, but otherwise, what makes this thread get all those likes it that it can be an interesting read, if you figure out how to follow along...
    QwarkDreams and N_LaRUE like this.
    01-04-2014 06:56 AM
    Morning folks. I stayed home to avoid the snow we had yesterday and now there is still work to do in the apartment. It wasn't as bad as I thought temperature wise that it would be when I snuck outside. We will see how it looks today. Maybe I should move to Florida, but I'm trading good weather for some real cluster**** individuals as neighbors there. Not sure if I'm ready for that yet...
    Having grown up in Florida, I ask:

-Do you like really large roaches?
    -Swarms of immune to pesticides fire ants, mosquitos, and fleas?
    -Enjoy so hot/humid weather your hair sticks in unique and otherwise impossible angles?

Trust me, Florida looks nicer on postcards then it is to live in. You may huddle in your home for 4 months because of the cold, but you will do the same from May-mid September in Florida due to heat.

Just me, and I am strange, but toss me an ice storm.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    01-04-2014 07:00 AM
    Gladly the weather here in Austria isn't as cold as in the US and Canada right now, but the fog we had yesterdays evening was scarry....like Silent Hill or The Fog scarry. Real thick, I couldn't see 10m.
    01-04-2014 07:01 AM
    Having grown up in Florida, I ask:

-Do you like really large roaches?
    -Swarms of immune to pesticides fire ants, mosquitos, and fleas?
    -Enjoy so hot/humid weather your hair sticks in unique and otherwise impossible angles?

Trust me, Florida looks nicer on postcards then it is to live in. You may huddle in your home for 4 months because of the cold, but you will do the same from May-mid September in Florida due to heat.

Just me, and I am strange, but toss me an ice storm.
    Um, I'm from Jamaica. Humidity, hurricanes and killing roaches and other annoying insects just comes with the territory. Speaking of insects, I don't like freeloaders in my house - all occupants must contribute income so that's why I kill those suckers with a vengeance.

What I don't like down their is the lower wages due to the lower foster of living compared to here in the NYC area. I would live in North Florida though as long as I could find work and have enough income coming in. South Florida is gorgeous though, but almost as expensive as some spots here in NYC.
    N_LaRUE and snowmutt like this.
    01-04-2014 08:05 AM
    I find myself playing Dungeon Hunter alot these days. It reminds me of one of my favorite RPGs - Dungeon Siege. I still say Dungeon Siege 1 was the best in the whole franchise. Loved the idea that armor wasn't class specific, so if you taught a mage just enough fighting skills, you could recycle armor -as in let the mages wear armor your tanks and rangers used to wear. Loved that, because you could have a mage wearing good body armor and still trick out the rings and spellbooks and make them lethal as hell. Plus, when the potions ran low, I used to keep an extra bow and arrow handy and turn my mages into rangers and that's not fair either. I didn't mind them killing that off in Dungeon Siege 2, because the special kits got better. Once I saw was Dungeon Siege 3 was, I passed. I still have the first two games lying around in my PC games bin. Loved the storylines in Dungeon Siege 2, loved the game play in Dungeon Siege 1.
    sahib lopez and LMZR like this.
    01-04-2014 08:13 AM
    Is it wrong that I feel that 20C is cold for me?

Am I really that weak to cold?
    01-04-2014 08:51 AM

Only now I have realized how ironic my post was. For starters, my avatar is that of an ice fairy who likes freezing stuff...

(That ought to be useful during the summer, though.)
    sahib lopez and snowmutt like this.
    01-04-2014 08:55 AM

Depends on where you live. A friend of mine travels to the Philipines for about 3 weeks every year and when she comes back (mostly at the beginning of summer) she wears a thick winter jacket (since there are usually 20C difference between the Philipines and Austria at that time of the year.

Also, when the temperature starts rising to 20C, to me it's pretty warm. When the temperature starts sinking to 20C, to me it's not really cold but comfortable.
    01-04-2014 08:59 AM
    Well sent my Nokia Lumia 920 to my insurance company phone repair to fix the issue with no signal at all or signal but drop calls and the wireless dropping most of time (due to it 5ft or 6ft ish fall).

THEN MY SONY XPERIA Z1 HAS AN ISSUE AND HAD TO SEND THAT OFF TO SONY REPAIR!!!

The SONY XPERIA Z1 has an issue when I put my earphones or headphones in, their is no sound playing on the left side which is for all sounds system, music, videos, games etc.

No smartphone spare so taking my brother Nokia Lumia 610 for a few weeks.
    01-04-2014 12:25 PM
    That SONY XPERIA Z1 was great the time I had it, was getting use to it setting everything up after setting most of it up play some music through my earphones, guess what no MUSIC!!!

I tried three different set of headsets and a reinstall of the software (SONY advice) still nothing. However I got a 2 year manufactures warranty on the device which is good, but I ask if the issue would be covered they don't know from support I have to wait till the engineer take a look then ring to tell me if I have to pay for the fault or not.
    01-04-2014 12:29 PM
    Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    01-04-2014 12:30 PM
    I dont know what to do!

Oh wait I got my Surface 2!
    MSFTisMIA, sahib lopez and LMZR like this.
    01-04-2014 12:49 PM
    i dont know what to do!

Oh wait i got my surface 2!
    surface ftw!
    BIGPADDY and LMZR like this.
    01-04-2014 01:23 PM
    Well sent my Nokia Lumia 920 to my insurance company phone repair to fix the issue with no signal at all or signal but drop calls and the wireless dropping most of time (due to it 5ft or 6ft ish fall).

THEN MY SONY XPERIA Z1 HAS AN ISSUE AND HAD TO SEND THAT OFF TO SONY REPAIR!!!

The SONY XPERIA Z1 has an issue when I put my earphones or headphones in, their is no sound playing on the left side which is for all sounds system, music, videos, games etc.

No smartphone spare so taking my brother Nokia Lumia 610 for a few weeks.
    I think the phrase you're looking for here is:

"What a revolting development."
    snowmutt likes this.
    01-04-2014 02:43 PM
    surface ftw!
    FTW!

Surface 2
    01-04-2014 02:43 PM
    I dont know what to do!

Oh wait I got my Surface 2!
    Sucks to hear about your phone troubles. Hope they get sorted out soon. How's the surface 2?
    01-04-2014 02:45 PM
    We had mentioned methods of getting rid of country leaders in the past. I know I mentioned the popular method in France during the French Revolution. Here's a song about that.
    they are planning to get rid of me don't give them ideas!! I thought we were cool :(
    01-04-2014 02:49 PM
    Does anyone else besides me use their spellcheck on their phone as a quick dictionary? Sometimes I find it quicker then the "right click" opions on the computer....
    I use it all the time :P
    01-04-2014 02:50 PM
    The forecast for midstate Illinios: From Saturday night until Wednesday morning: All below zero degrees Farenheit (-17 celsius). There is a couple of places saying it may be as cold as -22 (-30 cesius) on Sunday night. That would be an all time record low for our area if it happens. (I am betting it won't get that cold.)

And I get to work 3rd shift until next Thursday.

Woo-hoo!!!
    whoa in cali we are having an all time high of 70 o.o
    01-04-2014 02:51 PM
    Attachment 53616

Good morning. I thought I'd share another picture. I have still a few left ;-)
    I think im going to take this pic because I like it :D
    01-04-2014 02:52 PM
    Morning-ish...

<complaints>So, I have a head cold. Had a **** flight home (3 hour delay) and I'm feeling pretty crap. I have to start work on Monday but my body clock is out of wack.

Yeah, holidays are great things... .</complaints>
    In other news, did I mention I survived a ice storm in Toronto? That it was so cold and windy that the cruise I booked for New Years couldn't cruise? That my wife gave me the cold I have?
    Damn, I'm just full of complaints... 2014 is sucking already.... :P
    RUE you need to hang out with younger peeps :P you are sounding like a cranky person :O
    01-04-2014 02:54 PM
    nope !
    01-04-2014 02:56 PM
    Depends on what you're doing, but I'd say not really. We try to keep the content here interesting, to make it not a complete spam fest. Of course we have some post stuffers here, but otherwise, what makes this thread get all those likes it that it can be an interesting read, if you figure out how to follow along...
    im the exception though >:)
    01-04-2014 02:57 PM
144,449 ... 855856857858859 ...