WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 20K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So, let's get this Lumia and send in my 8X.

The Lumia 620. What a huge and ugly device. Terrible, my poor mother, the Omnia W was much slimmer.

Starting it up right now. That was again a terrible experience at Orange: "Well, if we decide that this device isn't worth repairing, you'll have to pay 60 CHF to get it back."

Yeah, thank you very much.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That was again a terrible experience at Orange: "Well, if we decide that this device isn't worth repairing, you'll have to pay 60 CHF to get it back."

Yeah, thank you very much.

Ain't that some ****? That's why carriers drive me nuts sometimes...

Sorry Chregu, we Nokia owners forgot to tell you that all Lumias since the 800, especially the WP8 models are big *** phones...

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Sorry Chregu, we Nokia owners forgot to tell you that all Lumias since the 800, especially the WP8 models are big *** phones...

Except for the 620 and 520...

(The 520 is actually roughly as large as the 800.)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Unfortunately, all carriers are the same in this regard. Sunrise is even worse. Swisscom might be better, I don't know, but they are too damn expensive.

Well, I was just surprised, I have never seen a 620 before. It's not that bad, and it's a very cheap phone with a good quality. But another reason I want my beautiful 8X back. I'm just a little afraid they won't do anything and I have to pay for it.

Also I want my 720p resolution back, the space that is missing due to the other aspect ratio really matters.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, all carriers are the same in this regard. Sunrise is even worse. Swisscom might be better, I don't know, but they are too damn expensive.

Well, I was just surprised, I have never seen a 620 before. It's not that bad, and it's a very cheap phone with a good quality. But another reason I want my beautiful 8X back. I'm just a little afraid they won't do anything and I have to pay for it.

Also I want my 720p resolution back, the space that is missing due to the other aspect ratio really matters.
The carriers here are meh. I get to pay ~30 USD for unlimited data, calls and texts a month (which I abuse, naturally.) However, let's just say my internet peaks at 1 Mbps and clocks in regularly at a tenth of that. Heck, half of the time, I can't even get a hold of a decent 3G signal! The good thing is that I actually get amazing customer service, whether it be via text, call, Facebook, Twitter or e-mail. (This is a regular occurrence here.)

As for that 16:9 aspect ratio, I'm personally fine with 5:3 on my 620. However, that extra length would make more sense on a larger device, just take out those humungous top and bottom bezels. (I'm looking at you, HTC and Apple.)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The carriers here are meh. I get to pay ~30 USD for unlimited data, calls and texts a month (which I abuse, naturally.) However, let's just say my internet peaks at 1 Mbps and clocks in regularly at a tenth of that. Heck, half of the time, I can't even get a hold of a decent 3G signal! The good thing is that I actually get amazing customer service, whether it be via text, call, Facebook, Twitter or e-mail. (This is a regular occurrence here.)

As for that 16:9 aspect ratio, I'm personally fine with 5:3 on my 620. However, that extra length would make more sense on a larger device, just take out those humungous top and bottom bezels. (I'm looking at you, HTC and Apple.)

Personally, I don't mind the extra bezels. Guess I've got big hands and sometimes prefer big phones. For my money, the 8X has s better screen than the 920. I think that the 1520 and 8x are in the same ballpark, with the 1520 slightly better.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

the iPhones have the sane long narrow look of the 8X that I do like. What I miss when using my 920 is the better audio and overall portability of the 8X. If it were up to me, if I could make the 8x as it stands a quad core (600) with the 925's camera, 32GB internal, wireless charging and a 2500mah battery, I'd never buy another phone.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks...waiting on the train to go to work. Just looking to power through today to get to my vacation time...

Lendo

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site

I'm going to FutureShop today. Time to decide between a new laptop and a Surface 2 Pro.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm going to FutureShop today. Time to decide between a new laptop and a Surface 2 Pro.

Get a Asus T100! Nah, I'm slightly kidding. Hope you find something that's a good for for you. I like all this new Windows 8.1 hardware that's out now. If you shop smart, you can find a very good device...

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Nokia 2520 reviews are it got an excellent display however the Surface 2 got a magnesium body, I cant resist sexy metal body...

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Rugby League World Cup England lost against New Zealand it was an excellent game however I always support New Zealand but was disappointed at the same time England last.

It was a brutal game love it!

20-18

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I got it a month before the 925 came out.

And been kicking myself for not waiting however it a good device.

I agree that it's a good device and I like mine alot. I still would have gotten a 925 32GB if given the choice between the two. I like the convenience of the Qi built in, but I'm coming from a 810 where I used the swappable shell, so would have bought a shell for the 925. Where I wanted Qi was in my 8X, but, ah well.

You could have sold it and gotten a 925, BP. What made you keep the 920?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte