People just don't look into the right places, /rant begin or are that stubborn, they think their problem is more unique than others /rant end
    You should just use <rant> </rant> it looks better. :) Would be cool if someone came up with a RANT tag. What would that look like though?
    LMZR and sahib lopez like this.
    01-08-2014 08:16 AM
    It's Wednesay. I only have tomorrow at work then I'm done for the week. Nothing like a 'very' short week to make the start of a new year a good thing. :)
    MSFTisMIA and sahib lopez like this.
    01-08-2014 08:17 AM
    It's Wednesay. I only have tomorrow at work then I'm done for the week. Nothing like a 'very' short week to make the start of a new year a good thing. :)
    Tomorrow and the day after I have expressions. Which probably means staying in the lab for at least 11 hours. But it will be okay, I just have to take my headphones to the lab. What a great idea, I mustn't forget that! ;-)
    N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    01-08-2014 08:20 AM
    I use a Surface 2 which runs 8.1. :)
    Do you have issues with quick reply not letting you type?

Sometimes go advanced allows me to type and sometimes not. Just odd that my old playbook never had this issue. It also doesn't like to insert emoticons
    01-08-2014 08:22 AM
    I see that the forum is getting full of whine threads again... sigh.

I like to have a whinge every so often but I sometimes wish the mods would simply shut them down. It's rather depressing seeing the same stupid comments over and over again. Not to mention there's several Sticky Threads with the information people are whining about.

So... there's my whinge. I'll probably have more. :P
    They are jealous of CB forums
    Chregu and MSFTisMIA like this.
    01-08-2014 08:25 AM
    I'm glad there is no phone on the market which seems more appealing than my 8X, my brain tries to trick me into old patterns of buying a phone every year just by making me want a new gadget. But I know better than that! ;-)
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    01-08-2014 08:32 AM
    I'm glad there is no phone on the market which seems more appealing than my 8X, my brain tries to trick me into old patterns of buying a phone every year just by making me want a new gadget. But I know better than that! ;-)
    Not trying to break your resistance, but i personally find the 1520 a far better option than the 8x
    01-08-2014 08:36 AM
    And the quoting function is broken again. :\
    01-08-2014 08:37 AM
    You should just use <rant> </rant> it looks better. :) Would be cool if someone came up with a RANT tag. What would that look like though?
    I guess it would llook similar to the Quote text.
    Not trying to break your resistance, but i personally find the 1520 a far better option than the 8x
    The 1520 doesn't tempt me. It's far too big and far too expensive. Also, if I buy a phablet, I'd buy a Galaxy Note, at least that has functions utilizing the big screen.

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 costs 599 CHF, the 1520 costs 729 CHF. That's just no competition.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    Do you have issues with quick reply not letting you type?

Sometimes go advanced allows me to type and sometimes not. Just odd that my old playbook never had this issue. It also doesn't like to insert emoticons
    Yeah, i get that on occasion. I've got to try that when i have access to my Surface. :)
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-08-2014 08:39 AM
    I guess it would llook similar to the Quote text.
    That's boring! How about QUOTE text with a tint of red? And angry looking font. :P
    Chregu likes this.
    01-08-2014 08:40 AM
    The 1520 doesn't tempt me. It's far too big and far too expensive. Also, if I buy a phablet, I'd buy a Galaxy Note, at least that has functions utilizing the big screen.

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 costs 599 CHF, the 1520 costs 729 CHF. That's just no competition.
    Damn, here the difference between the Note 3 and 1520 is less than $30! With the 1520 being more expensive. -_-
    01-08-2014 08:42 AM
    Yeah, i get that on occasion. I've got to try that when i have access to my Surface. :)
    I wonder if it's windows on a tablet or the forum? I've asked on CB but no replies yet. Kind of a face palm when my old pb doesn't have those quirks. However the pb has many more quirks lol.
    01-08-2014 08:43 AM
    I wonder if it's windows on a tablet or the forum? I've asked on CB but no replies yet. Kind of a face palm when my old pb doesn't have those quirks. However the pb has many more quirks lol.
    Yeah, i own a Playbook and a Surface and even though the Playbook is good for what it is, the Surface is better. :)
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-08-2014 08:46 AM
    Yeah, i own a Playbook and a Surface and even though the Playbook is good for what it is, the Surface is better. :)
    No doubt about that. I'm looking to retire mine
    01-08-2014 09:04 AM
    If 1520 is too expensive then shouldn't the 1320 be okay? After all WP runs great on low end hardware quite well. I test drove a friend's Note for a few days but wasn't too impressed. I guess I am not in the stylus camp.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    01-08-2014 09:18 AM
    If 1520 is too expensive then shouldn't the 1320 be okay? After all WP runs great on low end hardware quite well. I test drove a friend's Note for a few days but wasn't too impressed. I guess I am not in the stylus camp.
    Is this addressed to me? ;-)

I don't think it's sold here, and I don't think the low resolution screen and the low end specs in general would appeal to me. And I still don't need or want such a big screen if it offers no additional functionality.

If Nokia wants to interest me into a new phone, they should release a Nokia 925 successor with current hardware and a reasonable price. Well, actually, it would still run basically the same software as my 8X does. I don't think I'll be interested in buying a new Windows Phone before they release 8.1.
    MSFTisMIA, azcruz and sahib lopez like this.
    01-08-2014 09:22 AM
    Is this addressed to me? ;-)

I don't think it's sold here, and I don't think the low resolution screen and the low end specs in general would appeal to me. And I still don't need or want such a big screen if it offers no additional functionality.

If Nokia wants to interest me into a new phone, they should release a Nokia 925 successor with current hardware and a reasonable price. Well, actually, it would still run basically the same software as my 8X does. I don't think I'll be interested in buying a new Windows Phone before they release 8.1.
    I'm waiting for surface phone! :D
    azcruz likes this.
    01-08-2014 09:26 AM
    Do you really see a Surface phone being all that better than what's currently available? So maybe it 'looks' better but that's not why I buy a phone personally. I want something to work right. Until WP works right I'm not spending another dime on it.
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 01-08-2014 at 09:58 AM.
    Chregu likes this.
    01-08-2014 09:38 AM
    I don't care what no one says, 8GB + memory card slot isn't better than 16GB fixed memory for combined usage. I wouldn't touch the 1320 because for me, it is simply a bigger version of every 8GB + microSD Lumia so far (more like a better 810/820).

Now, 16GB + microSD is a better starting point...
    N_LaRUE and Chregu like this.
    01-08-2014 09:50 AM
    That's going to be the first phone launched after the new merger...
    unstoppablekem likes this.
    01-08-2014 09:51 AM
    Until Nokia improves its audio, I cannot use it again as a daily driver. Of all the phones I have, I still like the 8X the best. If I could go to HTC and have them do a custom mod, I would ask for 4 things that would make me sell my 920...
    azcruz likes this.
    01-08-2014 09:55 AM
    I don't care what no one says, 8GB + memory card slot isn't better than 16GB fixed memory for combined usage. I wouldn't touch the 1320 because for me, it is simply a bigger version of every 8GB + microSD Lumia so far (more like a better 810/820).

Now, 16GB + microSD is a better starting point...
    I don't think I can change my dislike of SD cards for phones. If there's one thing I'm actually in agreement with Apple on is the no need of SD cards. All smartphones should be internal memory only. There's no reason why it should be skimpy these days. It doesn't cost that much. The bare minimum should be 16GB for low end, 32/64GB mid range and 64/126GB flagships. This low internal memory thing needs to end and the SD card needs to go. That also goes for the 512MB RAM thing. I'm expecting that to disappear quickly though.
    Chregu and sahib lopez like this.
    01-08-2014 10:03 AM
    Until Nokia improves its audio, I cannot use it again as a daily driver. Of all the phones I have, I still like the 8X the best. If I could go to HTC and have them do a custom mod, I would ask for 4 things that would make me sell my 920...
    Nokia used to be great with audio. Not sure what's happened.
    01-08-2014 10:03 AM
145,279 ... 869870871872873 ...