Do you really see a Surface phone being all that better than what's currently available? So maybe it 'looks' better but that's not why I buy a phone personally. I want something to work right. Until WP works right I'm not spending another dime on it.
    When Windows Phone 8.1 is announced, I bet the Surface phone will be announced. It will have the new hardware, as it will be in like four months from now, and have some nokia features when they merge.
    01-08-2014 10:23 AM
    When Windows Phone 8.1 is announced, I bet the Surface phone will be announced. It will have the new hardware, as it will be in like four months from now, and have some nokia features when they merge.
    AND??? There's nothing special about four months from now unless technology is about to jump. We've reached a bit of plateau in regards to mobile development if you haven't noticed. A Surface phone will be a nice looking Nokia phone with the 'latest' hardware, in other words, what every other manufacturer has put out already.
    Chregu, MSFTisMIA, kbz1960 and 1 others like this.
    01-08-2014 10:40 AM
    AND??? There's nothing special about four months from now unless technology is about to jump. We've reached a bit of plateau in regards to mobile development if you haven't noticed. A Surface phone will be a nice looking Nokia phone with the 'latest' hardware, in other words, what every other manufacturer has put out already.
    I think that's the reason WP is still in the game, although the phones always had a bit outdated hardware (except the 1520 maybe). But I think in this lies also a great danger, as software features become more and more important as a selling point.
    01-08-2014 10:45 AM
    Do you have issues with quick reply not letting you type?

Sometimes go advanced allows me to type and sometimes not. Just odd that my old playbook never had this issue. It also doesn't like to insert emoticons
    On the smartwatch forum I have this issue.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-08-2014 10:47 AM
    I think that's the reason WP is still in the game, although the phones always had a bit outdated hardware (except the 1520 maybe). But I think in this lies also a great danger, as software features become more and more important as a selling point.
    I agree most people don't really care about hardware much as long as the OS runs smooth and the apps are fast. They care about the style of the phone more than the specs. I can guarantee you that most iPhone users haven't got a clue what specs their phone is. The same could probably be said for most WP and Android users too. People simply don't care.

It is all about the software now. What the OS can do, what apps it has available. Can it be upgraded, etc. We're now in the age of software for phones. The hardware is more or less going to peak, if it hasn't already, so now it comes down to user experience.
    Chregu and sahib lopez like this.
    01-08-2014 10:57 AM
    Windows Phone doesn't need Android specs. We will get the latest stuff a few months after Android, when we ACTUALLY need it.
    01-08-2014 11:02 AM
    If you don't like Windows Phone anymore, why are you commenting on a Windows Phone site?

Windows Phone doesn't need Android specs. We will get the latest stuff a few months after Android, when we ACTUALLY need it.
    I don't like this post. The first part is a little personal and offensive. The second part is probably open for debate. Who decides what we when need?
    kbz1960 and sahib lopez like this.
    01-08-2014 11:05 AM
    NOOOOO DONT TURN THIS THREAD INTO A ARGUMENT!!! lol
    01-08-2014 11:05 AM
    I don't like this post. The first part is a little personal and offensive. The second part is probably open for debate. Who decides what we when need?
    I didn't mean to be rude, I'm sorry. I did get a bit offended by his post, though.

For the second part, that is what has been happening. We may have got quad core a year after android, but did we really need it a year ago?
    01-08-2014 11:06 AM
    Yeah, our bad. :P
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-08-2014 11:06 AM
    If you don't like Windows Phone anymore, why are you commenting on a Windows Phone site?
    And where did I state this? Just because I point out realities doesn't mean I hate WP. WP has issues. lots of issues to overcome. That's reality.

I never said that. I could care less what Android or Apple have. I don't care about specs that much. I want a good experience. WP is lacking in that regards. It's good, but not great.
    01-08-2014 11:07 AM
    And where did I state this? Just because I point out realities doesn't mean I hate WP. WP has issues. lots of issues to overcome. That's reality.

I never said that. I could care less what Android or Apple have. I don't care about specs that much. I want a good experience. WP is lacking in that regards. It's good, but not great.
    I feel WP8.1 will do a lot of nice stuff. :D
    01-08-2014 11:09 AM
    My mother just sent me a Whatsapp message. I'll visit her this weekend.
    01-08-2014 11:10 AM
    I feel WP8.1 will do a lot of nice stuff. :D
    That is the reality of WP. Waiting and having no real idea what we'll get. Hopefully it is good.
    01-08-2014 11:13 AM
    That is the reality of WP. Waiting and having no real idea what we'll get. Hopefully it is good.
    Unless you've seen some of the leaks. :D
    01-08-2014 11:52 AM
    Nokia used to be great with audio. Not sure what's happened.
    MSFT happened. From the stuff I was reading a while back, the drivers in WP7 were atrocious and that's why their audio quality wasn't great. I suppose the drivers are improved with WP8, but still not good enough. That's why for me the 8X is still a beast in the audio department. The built in amp + a good pair of earphones is really nice. I listen to music on min with Beats off and still smokes the other WP8 models I've tested out.
    azcruz likes this.
    01-08-2014 12:10 PM
    Yup, so it is official - the Z Ultra is on,ky shopping list. Got to wait a fee weeks to get it though, but it will be a welcomed edition. I still say, if my 8X had 32GB storage and wireless charging, I'd be so set...
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    01-08-2014 12:15 PM
    Only quoting you since I can't reply without quoting someone.

The talk here lately about the phones and all makes me feel like I'm still on CB lol. Exact things being said over there.

We need to get MS and BBRY working together. Lol
    01-08-2014 12:30 PM
    Yup, so it is official - the Z Ultra is on,ky shopping list. Got to wait a fee weeks to get it though, but it will be a welcomed edition. I still say, if my 8X had 32GB storage and wireless charging, I'd be so set...
    That great news hope you enjoy the Sony ultra I seen it and looks great!

I'm going to ring SONY care on Friday about my SONY XPERIA Z1 and see what happening.
    01-08-2014 12:35 PM

The talk here lately about the phones and all makes me feel like I'm still on CB lol. Exact things being said over there.

Robocop!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-08-2014 12:36 PM
    Robocop coming out sometime will definitely go to watch it!
    01-08-2014 12:37 PM

You got 50,000 POST!!!

YOU MUST HAVE SUPER POWERS! :P
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-08-2014 12:39 PM
    You got 50,000 POST!!!

YOU MUST HAVE SUPER POWERS! :P
    Or a lot of time!
    kbz1960, BIGPADDY and sahib lopez like this.
    01-08-2014 12:41 PM
    That great news hope you enjoy the Sony ultra I seen it and looks great!

I'm going to ring SONY care on Friday about my SONY XPERIA Z1 and see what happening.
    The screen is ggorgeous. I was playing in the Sony store and while the Z1's screen is a vast improvement over the Z, the Z Ultra from my eye test puts both out to pasture.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    01-08-2014 12:44 PM
    The screen is ggorgeous. I was playing in the Sony store and while the Z1's screen is a vast improvement over the Z, the Z Ultra from my eye test puts both out to pasture.
    I didn't know the Z1's screen improved from the Z! I'm glad you like the Z Ultra. I hope you enjoy it!
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    01-08-2014 12:45 PM
142,797 ... 870871872873874 ...