Yeah I saw that on the BBC site. I've been glimpsing at the news. I don't get overly excited about these things personally. I love tech but it's a tad stale at the moment.
    I keep up with CES with Engadget. Most of the news don't really interest me, I like to read about the new cameras.
    01-09-2014 08:23 AM
    Great, Microsoft can actually update stuff: http://www.engadget.com/2014/01/08/xbox-one-updates/
    Thanks for posting about this!
    01-09-2014 08:49 AM
    Well I call taking BPs spot :p lol jk

Sent from my Yellow Nokia Lumia 1020
    You've got to earn BP's spot. We cannot just anoint someone for that random spot...
    N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    01-09-2014 09:03 AM
    In Switzerland every phone works on every net, and you get usually all of them unlocked from independent shops much cheaper than directly from the carrier.
    That's how it should be all over, but the problem is that the US carriers have always had the OEMs and the consumers more importantly by the balls. Your system is what I was always used to before moving here and have decided that I'd rather just treat the hardware and the service as two separate things. Which means I buy my phones unlocked now.
    Chregu likes this.
    01-09-2014 09:06 AM
    Was that good enough? :P
    You need to go to the Sahib & BP Institute for Professional Randomness to get up to snuff...
    N_LaRUE and BIGPADDY like this.
    01-09-2014 09:07 AM
    Yeah I saw that on the BBC site. I've been glimpsing at the news. I don't get overly excited about these things personally. I love tech but it's a tad stale at the moment.
    Same here. While I like reading about the stuff, I rather tech I can use and is a great fit for me. Some of the stuff is a bit too over the top.
    01-09-2014 09:08 AM
    We don't know what WP8.1 will bring. For all we know it could be revolutionary and have things we don't expect. I really don't see the aquisition having a serious affect on the overall performance on the WP department, how much worse can it get... :P (sarcasm)

Can't say much about the competition. Currently, no manufacture has any flagship that I'm interested in. That includes Nokia. I'm not interested in large display phones.
    Same here. There is nothing out there that makes me go "Man I'm in need of that!". The stuff I have is so "because they're good at one thing". It is why at the end of the day I still sing the praises of the 8X - it is a very balanced headset. Sometimes being good enough at everything can offset being great in one or two areas (Mapping, Camera) and being a dud in others (Audio). Yup, I'm talking you Nokia...
    01-09-2014 09:13 AM
    Regardless of the weather, I feel like this everyday... :P

I'm still not feeling 100% and I'm having a hell of time concentrating at work. Oh well.
    For us commuters, work days are aalways full of crap...but what to do indeed...i just want to have enough money coming in one day where I can set my own hours and not have to worry about feeling the pinch with any bills...
    01-09-2014 09:15 AM
    For us commuters, work days are aalways full of crap...but what to do indeed...i just want to have enough money coming in one day where I can set my own hours and not have to worry about feeling the pinch with any bills...
    I use Bluetooth for audio with an old Nokia Headset. The sound is pretty good but I want something new, partially because the ones I have are not that good and hurt after a while.
    01-09-2014 09:16 AM
    I use Bluetooth for audio with an old Nokia Headset. The sound is pretty good but I want something new, partially because the ones I have are not that good and hurt after a while.
    Ah. I use my Purity wired headphones and while they are balanced, they're on the quiet side. I had some old iPhone headphones I was using that were much louder - so loud I would listen them with the volume on 10/30 and still hear nice sound but they got damaged yesterday. So I'm going to look around for something else. I'm looking into maybe one of the Sony models for Bluetooth options...
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    01-09-2014 09:27 AM
    Same here. There is nothing out there that makes me go "Man I'm in need of that!". The stuff I have is so "because they're good at one thing". It is why at the end of the day I still sing the praises of the 8X - it is a very balanced headset. Sometimes being good enough at everything can offset being great in one or two areas (Mapping, Camera) and being a dud in others (Audio). Yup, I'm talking you Nokia...
    I will give Nokia credit where it is due in the Audio dept - while comparatively ancient, the Play 360 is a bad *** speaker. I love mine because it is loud, the sound is clean and it had the versatility to pair with all my devices and be plugged into my PC as well. I wanted to get a cyan to compliment my white one but I think I will stick with one for now...
    sahib lopez likes this.
    01-09-2014 09:30 AM
    Ah. I use my Purity wired headphones and while they are balanced, they're on the quiet side. I had some old iPhone headphones I was using that were much louder - so loud I would listen them with the volume on 10/30 and still hear nice sound but they got damaged yesterday. So I'm going to look around for something else. I'm looking into maybe one of the Sony models for Bluetooth options...
    For wired I have a pair of Logitech earbuds. Damn loud things. They hold up well to volume but can be a touch tinny. I adjust the equalizer with them. I can't do much with the bluetooth ones I have.
    01-09-2014 09:37 AM
    I just wanted you to know that I feel tired. Still a lot ahead of me in the lab though.
    01-09-2014 09:44 AM
    I just wanted you to know that I feel tired. Still a lot ahead of me in the lab though.
    I'm tired too. I've had crap sleep for several days now.
    01-09-2014 09:46 AM
    I'm tired too. I've had crap sleep for several days now.
    Everything will get better as soon as we are on our blackpudding diet!

medium_015.jpg
    sahib lopez likes this.
    01-09-2014 10:22 AM
    Everything will get better as soon as we are on our blackpudding diet!
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

o.O
    MSFTisMIA and Chregu like this.
    01-09-2014 10:26 AM
    Was that good enough? :P
    For NOW!
    01-09-2014 10:28 AM
    Anyone been keeping up with CES? Just saw an article about turning your smartphone into a tricorder or a stun gun :D
    I would love one!

If I need a bit of a shock just get my phone out and zap myself.
    01-09-2014 10:30 AM
    SONY have the best headphones!
    01-09-2014 10:31 AM
    Got a headache!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    01-09-2014 10:32 AM
    15!
    14!
    01-09-2014 10:33 AM
    SONY have the best headphones!
    I highly doubt that, but then it comes down to personal preference. Everyone is different.
    MSFTisMIA and unstoppablekem like this.
    01-09-2014 10:33 AM
    14!
    You forgot the one in the front of this number... 114....
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    01-09-2014 10:34 AM
143,614 ... 876877878879880 ...