Such a damn long process...
    Yeah it must be a pain in the ***!
    unstoppablekem and MSFTisMIA like this.
    01-10-2014 05:56 PM
    Unless it dual-booted windows phone. :)
    Nope :P
    01-10-2014 05:56 PM
    Such a damn long process...
    That's why Moto killed their Motoblur Skin and Sony lightened theirs considerably. HTC has cut a lot of bloat out of Sense and Sammy and LG have made their skins bloated. A lighter skin means faster updates. We can thank Apple and their one hone system for getting consumers riled up about updates (slow process of)...
    unstoppablekem and BIGPADDY like this.
    01-10-2014 05:57 PM
    Nope :P
    You are saying you wouldn't like that?!?!?
    01-10-2014 05:57 PM
    That's why Moto killed their Motoblur Skin and Sony lightened theirs considerably. HTC has cut a lot of bloat out of Sense and Sammy and LG have made their skins bloated. A lighter skin means faster updates. We can thank Apple and their one hone system for getting consumers riled up about updates (slow process of)...
    Yeah, Apple is always the fastest, because they MAKE their chip, OS, and phone.
    01-10-2014 05:58 PM
    You are saying you wouldn't like that?!?!?
    I don't like the idea however someone else might.
    01-10-2014 06:00 PM
    I don't like the idea however someone else might.
    I know many do. Like instead of having an Android phone and a WP, it can just be one. Wouldn't you like if your Z1 ran Windows Phone as well (optional install, of course)?
    01-10-2014 06:08 PM
    Tempted to buy the Moto G and run it on T-Mo...any feedback...I mean has anyone used it on T-Mo?
    01-10-2014 06:12 PM
    I may be one of the few who are not in favor of a dual boot OS Phone. It would be a pain in the **** to keep switching. it maybe nice for now but once WP has all the apps there will really be no need for it.
    MSFTisMIA and BIGPADDY like this.
    01-10-2014 06:15 PM
    Except Vonage Extensions, I do not miss my Nexus 4. The Lumia 810 works great for me.
    01-10-2014 06:17 PM
    Whenever I see unstoppablekem and BIGPADDY icons with AMBASSADOR below it, I am reminded of the following:

Ambassador
    01-10-2014 06:21 PM
    For more detailed info please visit the following link on your WP phone and support Rudy

Hindustan Ambassador - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    01-10-2014 06:22 PM
    I don't want android anywhere near my WP goodness. But that's just me. Go for what you like.
    LMZR likes this.
    01-10-2014 06:25 PM
    I don't want android anywhere near my WP goodness. But that's just me. Go for what you like.
    It's vice versa, not wp phones running android. Android phones (optionally) running WP.
    01-10-2014 06:27 PM
    It's vice versa, not wp phones running android. Android phones (optionally) running WP.
    Still doesn't matter. Will never use android again in any form or want it on any phone I own.
    01-10-2014 06:31 PM
    01-10-2014 06:42 PM
    *If I ever decide to* go back to Android, I plan on Nexus, Moto or GPE devices. I don't think I can live with any other type of Android phone.
    I'd go for Sony, Motorola or Nexus, that's it. :)

Oh yeah, and maybe the HTC One or it's successor.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    01-10-2014 07:00 PM

But... But... Google think's it's useful!
    MSFTisMIA and unstoppablekem like this.
    01-10-2014 07:00 PM
    But... But... Google think's it's useful!
    As useful as wearing a pair of super tights briefs because all your underwear is the hamper and needs to be washed...
    LMZR, unstoppablekem and BIGPADDY like this.
    01-10-2014 07:04 PM
    As useful as wearing a pair of super tights briefs because all your underwear is the hamper and needs to be washed...
    The next feature from Google will be, "Now you can call people using Google Plus, even if you don't know their phone number"
    MSFTisMIA and unstoppablekem like this.
    01-10-2014 07:19 PM
    Still doesn't matter. Will never use android again in any form or want it on any phone I own.
    If it was optional, it would be nice, as the people who want it can download it.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    01-10-2014 07:24 PM
    The next feature from Google will be, "Now you can call people using Google Plus, even if you don't know their phone number"
    Sounds neat! :p
    LMZR likes this.
    01-10-2014 07:25 PM
    Yeah, Apple is always the fastest, because they MAKE their chip, OS, and phone.
    Apple has never made a thing a day in its life, other than its own designs and rebranded other people's ideas in consumer minds as their own **** they invented.

Having said that, Apple is fastest because they exert control over their own device and software. Because they negotiated a favorable deal with their initial carrier partners, once the iPhone started to sell, it gave them maximum leverage. New carriers had to BOW to their terms because iPhone sells in droves, and the old carrier partners had to keep it because it is getting steady subscribers. Give Apple credit - by making the focus on software primary and hardware as supportive, they stay in customer's pockets because most of their $$$ earned is from content.

They walked in and got consumers focused on content and everything else, including firmware updates are supposed to help consumers consume content faster, better. The game got changed because of that.
    Last edited by MSFTisMIA; 01-10-2014 at 08:07 PM.
    LMZR likes this.
    01-10-2014 07:26 PM
    Apple has never made a thing a day in its life, other than its own designs and rebranded other people's ideas in consumer minds as their own **** they invented.

Having said that, Apple is fastest because they exert control over the own device and software. Because the negotiated a favorable deal with their initial carrier partners, once the iPhone started to sell, it gave them maximum leverage. New carriers had to be to their terms because iPhone sells in droves, and the old carrier partners had to keep it because it is getting steady subscribers. Give Apple credit - by making the focus on software primary and hardware as supportive, they stay in customer's pockets because most of their $$$ earned is from content.

They walked in and got consumers focused on content and everything else, including firmware updates are supposed t help consumers consume content faster, better. The game got changed because of that.
    Apple does bother me A LOT, and it's mindless Sheep users, but they did revolutionize many categories, like a portable music player (that did pretty well), all in one computers, the iPhone, and the iPad (i know it is just a giant iPod Touch). Although not much has changed, in terms of "revolutionizing" technology, their basis and early products were pretty cool and changed the tech industry forever.
    01-10-2014 07:35 PM
    *If I ever decide to* go back to Android, I plan on Nexus, Moto or GPE devices. I don't think I can live with any other type of Android phone.
    For me, it is Sony, Nexus and Moto - in THAT order. That's why when I add the Z Ultra to my lineup, the only thing that would make me ditch my Nexus 4 would be a Nexus 5. I've outgrown Sense and Samsung and LG are just no good for me. I tell the GF that if I owned a S4 the FIRST thing is do is root it and drop a GPE ROM on it...
    01-10-2014 07:38 PM
145,251 ... 889890891892893 ...