A friend of mine translated letters from Latin to German. I'm helping proofreading the translation, it's confusing and frustrating. I really couldn't do this (even if I knew Latin).
    sahib lopez likes this.
    01-13-2014 03:11 PM
    I love you guys no way I'm going to travel specially with the cost of 1st class seat or even business!
    Since I am traveling in Coach (Economy) Class tomorrow early morning, I am asking with a bit of trepidation. BigP, how about cattle class to this side of the pond?
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    01-13-2014 03:12 PM
    Since I am traveling in Coach (Economy) Class tomorrow early morning, I am asking with a bit of trepidation. BigP, how about cattle class to this side of the pond?
    Sound painful is it free my favorite word FREE!
    01-13-2014 03:22 PM
    Appreciate the advice. I am relatively new to WP - Oct 25, 2013 onwards. I have cycled through 521, 810, 822 and 925. Currently an 810 is my daily driver. I am awaiting the delivery of a 920, hopefully today. I am trying to gauge up all the various WP devices. There was a great deal on an unlocked HTC 8X and hence the questions. I do like Nokia Mix Radio quite a bit. Also I use Nokia Panorama quite a bit as well. But I had an HTC TyTnII running WM6 which I liked as well. I am quite happy with my Samsung Galaxy (rooted) with its AMOLED screen.....

I think I will see which one between ATIV and 8X can I pick up on a bargain to try out something else besides NOKIA. I am on T-Mo and 920 and 8X support LTE but ATIV does not.
    Tell you what - I went with the 8X after trying a carrier variant. Of those available, if you get a hold of a cheap AT&T unlocked version, that's a nice one to try. If you can get a Rogers Ativ S (T899M, I think) that has t-mo supported LTE. Personally, I'm a HSPA+ man because all that speed I don't need since my job had me use airplane mode all day.

Unless you can get the proxy trick to work, your Nokia Panorama substitute is Photosynth, and I can look into that app for you later.
    01-13-2014 03:26 PM
    Tell you what - I went with the 8X after trying a carrier variant. Of those available, if you get a hold of a cheap AT&T unlocked version, that's a nice one to try. If you can get a Rogers Ativ S (T899M, I think) that has t-mo supported LTE. Personally, I'm a HSPA+ man because all that speed I don't need since my job had me use airplane mode all day.

Unless you can get the proxy trick to work, your Nokia Panorama substitute is Photosynth, and I can look into that app for you later.
    What about the unlocked ATIV S from Expansys USA? Is that inferior to the Rogers' version?
    AT&T 8X are 8GB and T-Mo 8X are 16GB. I'll take your advice and keep looking for an AT&T unlocked version.

HSPA+ works fine for me as well :-) I sit in a Faraday cage of a building so it is like being in airplane mode all day :-)

Thanks for the tip on Photosynth. And I will await your word on BandsMusic.
    01-13-2014 03:33 PM
    Religiously you might say....
    iSheepishly religious or religiously iSheep for the love of Sony?
    unstoppablekem likes this.
    01-13-2014 03:34 PM
    I love you guys no way I'm going to travel specially with the cost of 1st class seat or even business!
    I love how literally you took this. Is the NYC Sony Store no worth an actual trip across the pond to see?
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    01-13-2014 03:35 PM
    I have an HTC 8X and I wouldn't want any other phone at this point. Maybe a Lumia 925 if I'd get it as a gift.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    01-13-2014 03:35 PM
    What about the unlocked ATIV S from Expansys USA? Is that inferior to the Rogers' version?
    AT&T 8X are 8GB and T-Mo 8X are 16GB. I'll take your advice and keep looking for an AT&T unlocked version.

HSPA+ works fine for me as well :-) I sit in a Faraday cage of a building so it is like being in airplane mode all day :-)

Thanks for the tip on Photosynth. And I will await your word on BandsMusic.
    Well, you can try to source a 16GB version of the AT&T model...unless you are secure in your reselling prowess. I actually chose the 8X because I got a project VZW model and loved it...but once I started to get friends who sent me more pictures and group SMS, the VZW issue with the 822 I described above applies here. That's why I sold it and got an unlocked model and I'm good. If you are balling on a budget, and need a carrier variant, get the AT&T model. T-mo's own didn't get the FM radio and I haven't seen anything about it getting Update 3. I know AT&T's model got it.
    The ExpansysUSA model sold for $234 is the HSPA+ model, not the LTE one. That's why it is inferior to the Rogers model as the Rogers one supports t-mo's LTE. Otherwise, it is the same phone.
    01-13-2014 03:42 PM
    Folks, was I a bit too rough on this thread?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/showthread/258477.htm
    01-13-2014 03:42 PM
    I only skimmed it, but I don't think so.

...then again, I used to have strong opinions myself ;-)
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    01-13-2014 03:53 PM
    Nope
    MSFTisMIA and unstoppablekem like this.
    01-13-2014 04:07 PM
    Some how I paid for this month SONY Music Unlimited that cost 9.99 however it worth it for myself!

Then I got a free copy of film from SONY video Unlimited after registering which was good.

And then I got the Playstation app which I can do some good stuff on as well I can use my Playstation 3 controller to play games on my SONY XPERIA Z1!

So what I'm saying I hope my Z1 comes tomorrow!
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    01-13-2014 04:10 PM
    I only skimmed it, but I don't think so.

...then again, I used to have strong opinions myself ;-)
    Nope
    I don't mind smart opinions. Just not a fan of blind fandom. Corporations are in the business of making profits, even the ones we "like"...
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    01-13-2014 04:18 PM
    I don't mind smart opinions. Just not a fan of blind fandom. Corporations are in the business of making profits, even the ones we "like"...
    Exactly rack some common sense into that thread!
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    01-13-2014 04:29 PM
    I'm so tempted to get an SONY Smartwatch 2 ohhhhhbh

However I have the will power to wait for the 3rd generation to come out!
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    01-13-2014 04:31 PM
    Didn't seem too harsh to me but someone else's mileage may vary:-)
    01-13-2014 04:31 PM
    Well, you can try to source a 16GB version of the AT&T model...unless you are secure in your reselling prowess. I actually chose the 8X because I got a project VZW model and loved it...but once I started to get friends who sent me more pictures and group SMS, the VZW issue with the 822 I described above applies here. That's why I sold it and got an unlocked model and I'm good. If you are balling on a budget, and need a carrier variant, get the AT&T model. T-mo's own didn't get the FM radio and I haven't seen anything about it getting Update 3. I know AT&T's model got it.

The ExpansysUSA model sold for $234 is the HSPA+ model, not the LTE one. That's why it is inferior to the Rogers model as the Rogers one supports t-mo's LTE. Otherwise, it is the same phone.
    What carrier do you have? Are you using the HTC 8X 8GB on AT&T? I'm a T-Mo guy but am tempted to get $400 from AT&T and then 4 months later go back to T-MO.
    01-13-2014 04:33 PM
    What carrier do you have? Are you using the HTC 8X 8GB on AT&T? I'm a T-Mo guy but am tempted to get $400 from AT&T and then 4 months later go back to T-MO.
    I'm on t-mo. Been so for the past 8 years. My last carrier branded phone was the Lumia 810. I usually use unlocked phones.

If the hopping back and forth works for you, cool. Personally, I'd just trade one of those lumias for a 8X, or just save and do it that way. Whatever floats your boat though. Cell phones are expensive...
    01-13-2014 04:39 PM
    I'm on t-mo. Been so for the past 8 years. My last carrier branded phone was the Lumia 810. I usually use unlocked phones.

If the hopping back and forth works for you, cool. Personally, I'd just trade one of those lumias for a 8X, or just save and do it that way. Whatever floats your boat though. Cell phones are expensive...
    When do you get your Sony xperia ultra and can you do a mini review if possible please? :D
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    01-13-2014 04:42 PM
    Well off to sleep good night all and to WPC!
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    01-13-2014 04:44 PM
    When do you get your Sony xperia ultra and can you do a mini review if possible please? :D
    Of course. Give me a month.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    01-13-2014 04:58 PM
    Thanks. Been on T-Mo since day one, about 10 years ago. I also use unlocked phones or if they are branded T-Mo has been pretty good to me for unlocking T-Mo phones. I think I'll sell my unlocked 810 and see if I can get an 8X for a bit more. I am tempted to get the $400 from AT&T and then go back to T-Mo in 4 months.
    01-13-2014 05:09 PM
    Well off to sleep good night all and to WPC!
    It still afternoon where I am. :P
    01-13-2014 05:15 PM
    Folks, was I a bit too rough on this thread?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/showthread/258477.htm
    Nope.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    01-13-2014 05:17 PM
143,673 ... 909910911912913 ...