I saw this. Sad as well.
    Why sad? Because people were tricked or because the baby was so evil?
    01-15-2014 09:20 AM
    Why sad? Because people were tricked or because the baby was so evil?
    Both.

There is so much crap in the news these days, it is just a tough slog to read at times. From stories like that, to the,middle schooled who brought a shotgun to school and injured two classmates before a teach talked the kid into putting the gun down.
    01-15-2014 09:33 AM
    Both.

There is so much crap in the news these days, it is just a tough slog to read at times. From stories like that, to the,middle schooled who brought a shotgun to school and injured two classmates before a teach talked the kid into putting the gun down.
    I'm not a big fan of watching the news and US news always depressed me. We can probably get into a very lengthy discussion on gun control and the US obsession with guns in general. I can also go about how misunderstood the famous Second Amendment is and how it's been distorted to suit the gun toting public but that's a rather depressing subject on what is by far a rather miserable day here in the UK. :P

As for the baby thing, I just saw it as a bit of silliness. Especially the end bit where the thing is out driving itself around. It appears to be for some movie coming up.
    01-15-2014 10:00 AM
    Well, my family just finished getting the majority of all of our house to our new house.

Gotta love a quiet area and a pool :D
    A pool should be nice in that weather you are currently facing!
    01-15-2014 10:00 AM
    I still remember back in high school when I was wondering why we had to learn how the genetic code functions. I thought this is just something nobody would ever need to know. And now I'm sitting here, engineering genetic constructs...
    Guess like I actually have to pay attention in school!
    01-15-2014 10:03 AM
    Both.

I wanted to see what is in Swiss news (in addition two the two stories you mentioned) and I read an article about persuading or forcing children to kiss relatives or to get kissed by them. The article says it shouldn't be done, it makes the child more susceptible to pedophiles because it suppresses the child's inner impulse of saying no.
    01-15-2014 10:04 AM
    Hopefully for the next update to the WPC app, we can post pictures directly. That would be great for heavy users like me...
    I asked him about it for him to add it, lets hope he does! You should email him about it. :)
    01-15-2014 10:04 AM
    Guess like I actually have to pay attention in school!
    If you study biology you have to learn this multiple times all over again, every time in more detail. It's probably the reason why I still remember.
    unstoppablekem likes this.
    01-15-2014 10:05 AM
    I asked him about it for him to add it, lets hope he does! You should email him about it. :)
    If he's been asked, I'm sure he's working on it when he has time. This isn't the only thing he's working on as you should know. No need to flood him with e-mails.
    01-15-2014 10:08 AM
    A pool should be nice in that weather you are currently facing!
    It would be nice here too, it is only 1F outside right now!
    01-15-2014 10:17 AM
    If he's been asked, I'm sure he's working on it when he has time. This isn't the only thing he's working on as you should know. No need to flood him with e-mails.
    Agreed. Jay is one of the most responsive devs around, especially since he is only associated with but doesn't work for directly Mobile Nations. I'm sure he is working on it. What I'm really looking forward to is the Windows 8 app for WPC.
    stmav and unstoppablekem like this.
    01-15-2014 10:17 AM
    I'm getting a personal attachment to the 710 that I been using for a few weeks now.
    01-15-2014 10:24 AM
    I don't "flood" him, I just email him from time to time.
    01-15-2014 10:29 AM
    it would be nice here too, it is only 1f outside right now!
    :p
    01-15-2014 10:29 AM
    Agreed. Jay is one of the most responsive devs around, especially since he is only associated with but doesn't work for directly Mobile Nations. I'm sure he is working on it. What I'm really looking forward to is the Windows 8 app for WPC.
    Me too! :D
    stmav and MSFTisMIA like this.
    01-15-2014 10:30 AM
    I'm getting a personal attachment to the 710 that I been using for a few weeks now.
    Orly? :)
    01-15-2014 10:30 AM
    I don't "flood" him, I just email him from time to time.
    But telling others in a open forum to e-mail could cause a flood.
    01-15-2014 10:39 AM
    Ah, kk. :P
    stmav likes this.
    01-15-2014 10:48 AM
    This was already Noah's mistake.

...they really make a movie out of that. Hollywood must be desperate, and Russel Crowe was really great in Gladiator and L.A. Confidential times...
    stmav likes this.
    01-15-2014 10:52 AM

...they really make a movie out of that. Hollywood must be desperate, and Russel Crowe was really great in Gladiator and L.A. Confidential times...
    noah@ark.com? I really liked L.A. Confidential as well.
    Chregu and MSFTisMIA like this.
    01-15-2014 10:57 AM

Movies now are a hot mess. What has happened is that movie,goers have become so sophisticated that the old school Hollywood blockbuster doesn't happen anymore. So they are always digging around to find that hit, and will end up in places like Noah to do so.

The GF likes movies so we go out and watch different stuff, but honestly much of the stuff out there is crap...
    Chregu likes this.
    01-15-2014 10:57 AM

I find very sad that they made a movie out of the bogus flood story. I find it even sadder that Russel Crowe is in it. There's enough nonsense going around with people still thinking those events were real that a movie was not necessary!

I know the general gist of the story and some of the after bits that no one really concentrates on but I don't think they're following the story to the letter.
    Chregu and sahib lopez like this.
    01-15-2014 11:07 AM
    The GF likes movies so we go out and watch different stuff, but honestly much of the stuff out there is crap...
    I suffer in the same way...
    MSFTisMIA and sahib lopez like this.
    01-15-2014 11:09 AM
    I suffer in the same way...
    At least she is pretty discerning as to what she wants to watch. But she is a HUGE movie buff. What makes it more tolerable for me is that we get discounted movie tickets through the job. Paying $30 (not including snacks) to each some of the crap out there is just painful.
    N_LaRUE and DBZo07 like this.
    01-15-2014 11:19 AM
    In the last 2 hours the temperature has risen by 100%, it is now a sweltering 2F!
    01-15-2014 11:20 AM
145,745 ... 925926927928929 ...