365 1/4 days actually :P
    See! You proved my point! :P
    01-16-2014 06:18 AM
    Well, at the moment we are doing stuff I can already do, its basically Game Maker basics
    Going over things you know already can be boring. I do my best not to see it as a negative and see if there's something I may have missed. :) Not always easy!
    LMZR likes this.
    01-16-2014 06:19 AM
    See! You proved my point! :P
    What im wrong? :S:S:S
    01-16-2014 06:23 AM
    What im wrong? :S:S:S
    No. You're not wrong. :P I was just saying there will always be people disagreeing with each other over minute detail. You proved my point. :P

Well technically as most people understand it you're not wrong, however it's a bit more complex than 1/4.... :P
    01-16-2014 06:27 AM
    Anyone else with black have reduced battery life? I haven't changed any of my phone settings and using the phone the same amount but not getting as long as i used to.
    My 1520's battery life hasn't been nearly as impressive as my 520 was.
    01-16-2014 06:28 AM
    My 1520's battery life hasn't been nearly as impressive as my 520 was.
    I have a 920 and battery life seems less since black
    01-16-2014 06:37 AM
    my 520 had GDR3 but not Nokia Black
    01-16-2014 06:40 AM
    Battery life on my 920 has sucked since day one. :P

I recently did a hard reset and things seem a bit better. You could try a soft reset and see if that fixes anything. What causes battery drain sometimes is that a program gets 'stuck'.
    01-16-2014 06:49 AM

I recently did a hard reset and things seem a bit better. You could try a soft reset and see if that fixes anything. What causes battery drain sometimes is that a program gets 'stuck'.
    I get a day from both my 920 and my 8X these days. I yearn for the E63 "charge it twice a week" days, but that's a serious pipe dream...
    Last edited by MSFTisMIA; 01-16-2014 at 08:06 AM.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    01-16-2014 06:52 AM

Ill try the soft reset see if that fixes anything. Yeah battery life on the 920 has never been fantastic but after amber it improved slightly. Now its worse than ever :S
    01-16-2014 06:55 AM
    I get a day from both my 920 and my 8X these days. I yearn from the E63 "charge it twice a week" days, but that's a serious pipe dream...
    I had an E63 as well. Mine was red cause I wanted to be different. :P

I'm hoping battery technology gets better or something becomes more efficient. I have to road test my 920 again cause the last time I was out with it for the day it didn't do too well. Then I realised that after the reset everything goes to default so I had a whole bunch of crap on which drained the battery big time!
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    01-16-2014 06:57 AM
    Ill try the soft reset see if that fixes anything. Yeah battery life on the 920 has never been fantastic but after amber it improved slightly. Now its worse than ever :S
    The time and date go out of wack when you reset. If your phone doesn't update those automatically you'll have to do it.
    01-16-2014 06:58 AM
    I get a day from both my 920 and my 8X these days. I yearn from the E63 "charge it twice a week" days, but that's a serious pipe dream...
    Yeah, not until phone manufacturers actually optimize their phones processors, displays and get the battery life and battery size right.
    01-16-2014 07:00 AM
    I'll probably take this course: VORLESUNGSVERZEICHNIS ONLINE - Universitt Basel

It's a new lecture for biologists. When I was at that stage we didn't have it yet.
    01-16-2014 07:05 AM
    Speaking of course i saw a really good groupon deal for a Microsoft server course that had like 98% reduction course would cost 99 but original price was like 1899 or something if only i had a spare 99 i would have bought it :)
    N_LaRUE and BIGPADDY like this.
    01-16-2014 07:43 AM
    Yeah, not until phone manufacturers actually optimize their phones processors, displays and get the battery life and battery size right.
    Nokia used to do this for its N series and E series. Ah well...
    01-16-2014 07:57 AM
    Morning folks. Back on the daily grind again today with a mire settled stomach and less fog.

These Senneheisers are good. Just wished that there were more 3rd party WP specific accessories, especially in the audio dept. There was a chic set of headphones I was looking at last year that were WP7 specific. If I remembered the name, I'd have tried those instead.

Still, you cannot go wrong with Senneheisers, in my opinion...
    01-16-2014 08:02 AM
    I had an E63 as well. Mine was red cause I wanted to be different. :P

I'm hoping battery technology gets better or something becomes more efficient. I have to road test my 920 again cause the last time I was out with it for the day it didn't do too well. Then I realised that after the reset everything goes to default so I had a whole bunch of crap on which drained the battery big time!
    I loved my red E63! Funny enough, I didn't like it in black...though the blue and red ones were nice. I also liked it better than the E71...it is in my top ten favorites for sure...
    01-16-2014 08:05 AM
    I swear I think I've owned more phones to this point than BP had tried different types of cake...😜
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    01-16-2014 08:06 AM
    I miss the times when you really could see technology progressing. With smaller and smaller phones after this huge first things, then the first color display, then the first touch screen phones with a big display. Then the increase in resolution you could really notice.

Nowadays it's only bigger and bigger numbers that have only a minor effect.
    MSFTisMIA and sahib lopez like this.
    01-16-2014 08:09 AM
    After a Refresh, my Type Cover 2 is working again, including backlight. I don't like this process.
    01-16-2014 08:18 AM
    I miss the times when you really could see technology progressing. With smaller and smaller phones after this huge first things, then the first color display, then the first touch screen phones with a big display. Then the increase in resolution you could really notice.

Nowadays it's only bigger and bigger numbers that have only a minor effect.
    We're reaching a plateau in hardware. We're really past the hardware wars and moving into the next stage. The key selling points is going to be all about content. Apps, OS features, etc.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    01-16-2014 08:21 AM
    We're reaching a plateau in hardware. We're really past the hardware wars and moving into the next stage. The key selling points is going to be all about content. Apps, OS features, etc.
    This stuff I find rather scary than exciting, hardware you could just enjoy, integrated super software that knows what you are doing, when you are doing it, where you are doing it, and predicts what you want to do, that's just too much for my taste...
    01-16-2014 08:32 AM
    This stuff I find rather scary than exciting, hardware you could just enjoy, integrated super software that knows what you are doing, when you are doing it, where you are doing it, and predicts what you want to do, that's just too much for my taste...
    It's not all about spying you know. :P

I was referring to the overall experience of the device. This is where we are. I know 'looks' still mean a lot to some people but I believe what a device has and what it doesn't is going to mean more and more, especially when it comes to content and features.
    Chregu and MSFTisMIA like this.
    01-16-2014 08:39 AM
    It's not all about spying you know. :P

I was referring to the overall experience of the device. This is where we are. I know 'looks' still mean a lot to some people but I believe what a device has and what it doesn't is going to mean more and more, especially when it comes to content and features.
    I might be paranoid, but that doesn't mean they are not after me! ;-)
    N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    01-16-2014 08:52 AM
145,283 ... 938939940941942 ...